Zebralight SC64c

markr6

Flashaholic
I did a video on the new clip, but recently deleted it from youtube. I hate when I do "cleanup" like that! I wanted to revisit my thoughts on that since I forget what it was about.

hatman

Enlightened
If you dislike the new clip that much... perhaps it makes sense for you to organize an omnibus order (is that really a common phrase?)?! NKON seems to have the old clip available and there is a special website for non-EU residents with prices excluding VAT. https://ru.nkon.nl
A few questions, please:

First, where are posters seeing photos of the new clip that you don't like?

Where is the special website for non-EU consumers?

And which clip are you choosing -- the one for the SC 600 series?

Thanks!

ingokl

Newly Enlightened
I am fine with the new clip (probably, have to see and use it in real life).
Two members here complained about it (talking about the "small" SCxx series with screwed on clip, not the SC600 series with its completely different clip attachment).
You can see the new clip in the accessories on the ZL site.
The "special" site is the site I mentioned: https://ru.nkon.nl. There all prices exclude the VAT as opposed to their "normal" site https://eu.nkon.nl
And there you choose the SC clip.

Last edited:

tompen41

Newly Enlightened
Just received my SC64w lV today Order # 10376154 First impressions, the reflector is slightly different than the SC63w, it is a little more dimpled and not quite as smooth as the SC63w. Anodizing is identical on both. 5 pogo pins in the front instead of the 3 of the SC63, both have spring in tailcap. Obvious difference in lumens when you first turn them on. SC64 much brighter. Second difference and I don't understand why, the SC63 heats up faster on Hi than the SC64 and both using the red GA batteries from ZL. In a little over a minute the 63 gets uncomfortable to hold and the 64 can go another 30 to 45 seconds before it gets to the same temp. And the 64 is 300 lumens more! Clip is different but I don't find it a problem, however I did order 3 of the old style chrome clips as referenced earlier in this thread. I think I do like the old one better. Light here now can't wait to check in dark. There seems to be a slight difference in the hotspot diameter even though they are listed as 80 and 12 degrees.

Another observation: The hot spot on the SC64w is smaller and spill is smaller also than the SC63w even though the specs say 80 and 12 for both, the SC64 hot spot is definitely a little smaller which would mean it throws a little farther.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received my SC64w lV today Order # 10376154 First impressions, the reflector is slightly different than the SC63w, it is a little more dimpled and not quite as smooth as the SC63w. Anodizing is identical on both. 5 pogo pins in the front instead of the 3 of the SC63, both have spring in tailcap. Obvious difference in lumens when you first turn them on. SC64 much brighter. Second difference and I don't understand why, the SC63 heats up faster on Hi than the SC64 and both using the red GA batteries from ZL. In a little over a minute the 63 gets uncomfortable to hold and the 64 can go another 30 to 45 seconds before it gets to the same temp. And the 64 is 300 lumens more! Clip is different but I don't find it a problem, however I did order 3 of the old style chrome clips as referenced earlier in this thread. I think I do like the old one better. Light here now can't wait to check in dark. There seems to be a slight difference in the hotspot diameter even though they are listed as 80 and 12 degrees.

Awesome, glad you like it. Thanks for all the details and impressions.

The SC63w likely gets hot faster because the new driver in the SC64w is quite a bit more efficient.

Could the difference in the hotspot just be because of the heavier OP on the reflector?

I grabbed a few of the old clips too while they are still available. I am not sure which I will like better but, now I have options.

markr6

Flashaholic
I was going to stay content with the SC63w, but I think you talked me into the 64w. It's only a matter if time...

hatman

Enlightened
Pardon me if I have missed it, but has anyone been able to compare yet the 64c and 64w?

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pardon me if I have missed it, but has anyone been able to compare yet the 64c and 64w?
No one has a SC64c yet. As far as I know, only one person has reported getting a shipping notice and that was just on Friday.

If you are looking for a comparison though, the SC64c uses the same emitter as the SC5c MKII, SC53c, and H53c. And, the SC64w uses the same emitter as many other ZL models(XHP35).

Last edited:

JStraus

Newly Enlightened
I just got a shipping confirmation for the faster shipping.

Ordered 11/01/17.

Looking forward to it!

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I blundered by putting a 64c and 604c on one order. 11/3/2017 #10376146
Shoulda' split them up!

G27
I did the same but, with the Plus and the 64c. I would have had the Plus two weeks ago if I had split them up. Oh well, now I get double the fun when they get here and saved on shipping.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, DHL s**t the bed and my package got delayed(it was supposed to be here Friday at the latest). I will have it on Monday for sure though and will post some pics and my impressions.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone tried a Samsung 30Q battery in the SC64? I'm presuming that the flat tops should be fine... anyone know for sure? What about the button-top variant of the 30Q? It's a pretty flat button-top, but will it work with the pogo pins?

ven

Flashaholic
I have the sc63w WITL and it works fine with flat top sony vtc5 and vtc6, also 30Q. All mine are flat tops though.................

Not tried a high drain button, can do though and see if it fits.........No! Flat top only, just tried a vtc6 button top and cap will not screw down enough for contact(pretty much knew this but made sure 100% as never tried it)

What works that i know, sanyo GA, sony vtc5, vtc5a,vtc6,samsung 25r and 30q all flat top.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the sc63w WITL and it works fine with flat top sony vtc5 and vtc6, also 30Q. All mine are flat tops though.................

Not tried a high drain button, can do though and see if it fits.........No! Flat top only, just tried a vtc6 button top and cap will not screw down enough for contact(pretty much knew this but made sure 100% as never tried it)

What works that i know, sanyo GA, sony vtc5, vtc5a,vtc6,samsung 25r and 30q all flat top.

Thanks. Does the SC64 use the same tolerances as the SC63? I think I read they changed the pogo pin arrangement, so I'm wondering if they changed length tolerances.

I know the easy solution is to buy the recommended cell, but I'm in Canada and getting any kind of lithium-ion cell shipped here is almost impossible now. So, I'm stuck using my existing cells.