Zebralight SC64w Hi and H53fw

Batuche

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again for helping me figure out how to program on these lights. I honestly don't believe I'll actually need any settings beyond those which come standard with the lights, but now that that option is available to me I'll follow through with my original plan to reprogram both G6 & G7 & check back in with results. Very happy this forum led me to Zebralight.

Batuche

Newly Enlightened
Wow, ordered mine at the right time. And this isn't the only model they're out of:

1647911276258.png

Batuche

Newly Enlightened
This probably belongs in The Official Zebralight Thread, but I will continue here where I started.

Just checking back in with some further comments on my Zebralight experience because I've become a bona fide Zebralight fanboy with a SC64w Hi for EDC/camping, and H53Fw for camping/home use.

Initially I had trouble programming a Zebralight, but with the help and patience of members here I discovered that I was waiting too long after entering program mode to select either 2-clicks for brighter or 3-clicks for dimmer and was therefore losing the chance to do so. I've also learned that there is some programming variance within the Zebralight family. I have re-programmed Group 6 on my SC64w Hi to look like that below. My reason for doing so was simply to gain access to levels having greater run times with useable light on hikes. Other than run time there really isn't that much visible difference between 245 Lm and M1 118 Lm, for example.

My current SC64w Hi G6 program:

H1 1300 Lm (PID, 2.8 hrs)
H2 814 Lm (PID, 2.9 hrs)
M1 467 Lm (PID, 3.2 hrs)
M2 245 Lm (PID, 6.3 hrs)
L1 118 Lm (PID, 13.8 hrs)
L2 52.5 Lm (PID. 28 hrs)

I may change these again (and again), but that's what I'm using for now. Because Zebralight obviously put a lot of time and effort into spacing the original H1/H2, M1/M2, L1/L2 levels, I'm very happy with them and have left the Group 5 levels untouched. I also haven't changed anything in G7… yet.

The diminutive H53Fw headlamp also continues to amaze, and I have yet to find myself in a camping/hiking situation where I need to carry more than one spare eneloop pro. I also use this for work outside at night, reading at night, working close up on items inside, etc., however I do feel that Zebralight has left room for improvement. A wish list would include a side power switch vs. end switch allowing a pinch to turn it on/change levels while mounted on a headband, a reversible pocket clip as the current clip hangs the light upside down, and possibly a move to a plastic quick click-in type mount on the head strap which could be more convenient than the silicone hoops for attachment/removal. However, if Zebralight never made another change to this headlamp I'd still buy it again just because it is just so friggin' nice, and I've really taken to the Zebralight UI.

While I normally do a lot of evening bike riding, I haven't been so much this summer for various reasons, but as fall rolls around and it begins to get dark earlier, I may consider something a little more powerful such as the SC600w Mk IV Plus clamped to the handlebar. Appreciate any feedback from anyone using that combo. Also, the SC64c LE looks like a real keeper - just too close to my SC64w Hi.

Loving Zebralight products!

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just wish Zebralight had more modern emitters available.

Recently, I got some 519a and have been swapping them into several of my non-Zebralights. Especially when dedomed the tint, CRI and output are amazing. Enormously better than any LH351D.

Latest posts