SHOT Show 2006 Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
The word from the Mag rep is that the MAG LED lights will be released to the general public in 180 days. I was pleasantly surprised with these lights.

The 2xAA and 3xAA have 3w premium bin LEDs and are current regulated, fully heat sinked and thermally managed. If the temp exceeds a certain level, the current is gradually backed off till the temp goes down, then automatically returns to full current when the temp is low enough.

The heat sinking does not just shunt heat to the outside of the head. The heat sinking system distributes the heat thoughout the entire flashlight so that no single component gets hot.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I stopped by the Mag booth they were demo'ing I think a 3D mag LED version. To my eyes it appeared to be a standard Mag mod we are all familiar with. I did not see any of the 2AA or 3AA lights.

Very impreseed with Coasts new proto lights they plan on releasing later this year. Nice.

In the tent today they were shooting a live presentation. We heard clapping every now and then and never bothered to go by and see what the fluff was all about. When we decided to leave we found a large crowd still hanging out and the TV was still rolling. On the stage was Ted Nuggent! Awesome. I was only some 30 feet from him.

Gold Coast Buffet is great. $11.75 for dinner. I think it's one of the best for the price. Rio is good too, but, more expensive. Gold Coast is just across the street.

New Orleans Seafood buffet is Mondays, Gold Coast is Thursdays.

Cheap eats after 11pm at Terribles.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reports guys.

Good to hear Coast is continuing to move forward.

JimH's MagLed report was surprising. Drops current when heat is too high. How about that? They did more than I predicted.

By all means, let us know about what fare was good. New dishes...new livations. But also, please stay focused. Don't look at the girls.

Last edited:

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please, can someboby make your way to the Night-Ops booth and give some hands on report of the Helios. I know there are CPF Spotlight affectionados there.

Take Care,
mtbkndad :wave:

Brock

Flashaholic
PK, with the new Surefire girl

shot-pk.jpg

And Al (size 15) with his Surefire guy...
shot-al.jpg

Brock

Flashaholic
The two new things from Surefire was the "pocket rocket" a cr123 infinitely variable light, running about 750ma?

And the mini beast, about the size of the M6 that can run at ?50w? using HID.

And of course the Kroma, like a U2 except all different colors.

The Photon ??? (I forgot the same already) AA sized light, very nice as well, many others, but those caught my eyes and mind.

I am off to the party!

Last edited:

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brock said:
The two new things from Surefire was the "pocket rocket" a cr123 infinitely variable light, running about 750ma?

And the mini beast, about the size of the M6 that can run at 50w using HID.

And of course the Kroma, like a U2 except all different colors.

The Photon ??? (I forgot the same already) AA sized light, very nice as well, many others, but those caught my eyes and mind.

I am off to the party!

MiniBeast you say?
Pictures!!!!!

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
We need pics, Brock!

Also, as usual, could someone take a few snaps of the Beretta booth and anything new there? They should be debuting the new 90Two among other things.

Brock

Flashaholic
Ok, I had to leave the party a bit early, so I got this shot from Al's camera phone, bad for scale, hopefully someone wil have a better shot soon. You can see a x200 / 300 (another new light) next to it for some scale, if you know that light. Again the body of the light is similar to the body of the M6. 3 level tail cap, dim (led) then adjustable HID, then all out HID

shot-mini.jpg

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet!

Any word about price?
Rechargeable?
And ofcource when can i buy one?

Benny

MrMom

Enlightened
Brock - PK waited for you to leave before showing us all the REALLY cool stuff....

The mini beast is a rechargeble light.

BTW PK and his hard working staff are SUPERB hosts.

T H A N K S !

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
MrMom said:
Brock - PK waited for you to leave before showing us all the REALLY cool stuff....

The mini beast is a rechargeble light.

BTW PK and his hard working staff are SUPERB hosts.

T H A N K S !

Thanks!
Any word on price?

I wish i were there.....

Benny

greenLED

Flashaholic
typing from PDA @ LV airport

too much - too cool to slow type - it'll take a couple of days 2 catch up

Honor & great fun meeting everyone!

PK & SF you :rock: :thanks:

PS. If u can DO come to SHOT!

PS2. :nana: My new L1 is clipped to my pants & my greenLED ArcAAA on keychain :)thanks: tvodrd & PK!)

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
More pics of the Surefire girl please!

And wheres' the pic of this 1 cell pocket rocket???

can somebody there ask them when the catalog will show up on their website?

PJ

Enlightened
The pocket rocket was made of titanium. I think the ones PK had were CR2, able to use lithium-ion and were continuously variable by turning the head. He said they were looking at also making with other size batteries. One had a magnet on the back to hold it, the other a clip like the cell phone clips put on some of the Aleph series lights. Of course it had the 1/4-20 thread on the back for tripod mount.

The new HID had a ring of 5mm LEDs and had 3 stages of output for the HID itself. 3 Li-ion batteries were inside. I believe he said it was 15 watt.

The X300 weapon light has a laser that shows right in the middle of the beam. I believe it could be light only, laser only or both.

There was a new light similar in shape to an X200 that clipped on the side of a military helmet. I believe it was 3 stage output and had an infrared LED for IFF identification. The mount itself is jump certified for parachutes so as not to snag on anything.

PK took the time to inform us as to the proper meaning of a tactical light. I don't recall the 5 definitions, maybe someone else could post them. Even better, a video clip.

I post all this information strictly from memory, so if any of it is in error please correct me.

Status
Not open for further replies.