• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

27LT & PD with Seoul** All Gone**

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,

I have decided to modify the remaining sets of PD and 27LT lights to host the Seoul P4 LED. This requires that I re machine the heads by boring out the integral LED bulknead and leave in its place a bore and shoulder to seat the universal heat sink on. Below is a visual on the PD head and the 27LT has a similar interior modification:

universal-sink-socket.jpg

Both lights use essentially the original reflector but with a Seoul P4 modification to them for proper focal adjustment. From the outside, the lights look the same (27LT on left and PD on right).

PD-S-27LT-S.jpg

The PD-S continues to use the wiz2x2 driver (525 mA on high) and the 27LT-S uses the DBx2 converter (917 mA on high).

The price on these is $225 ea. and there are two additionaloptions available for the PD-S, subject to availablilty. These are a H3 vial in the piston for $25 additional and a Ti bezel ring for $30 additional:

PD-S-options.jpg

For ordering, shipping insurance and the "details", please read the Available Lights and Ordering Info sticky thread in the McGizmo Forum.

I may decide to offer a mizer option on the PD where the high current level is throttled down to 300 mA. This is a sense resistor change and I would probably ask for a $10 premium to cover the time and custom request. If I do elect to make this offer, I will add it to the Available Lights and Ordering Info as well as coment on it here in this thread. I am not open to e-mail requests for any other drive level options or discussions, sorry.

The P4 LED's I am presently building with are of U bin in flux and V0 bin for tint. These tend to be on the warm tint and exxentially white, to my eyes, when viewed as sole light sources. In the presence of additional ambient light I would describe the tint as vanila with a hint of burgandy. LOL

The Seoul P4 uses the Cree EZ1000 die and there are discussions presently on the forum where some question the viability and reliability of the P4 packaging. I personally have seen nothing to be concerned about but then I have not had these LED's long enough in service to have any track record to fall back on. These are at the cutting edge at present. The output in terms of flux from these LED's is most impressive, IMHO but it is opinion. I have made relative flux measures with these LED's in comparison to other models and these LED's deliver the light!

The number of remaining sets of both PD and 27LT which now take on the dash S distinction are not that large in quantity. Future runs of these as well as possible revisions to their design is unknown and undetermined at this point in time. The modification to these lights to bring them to the dash S format is an expense I am not passing on. I consider it as a cost of living out on the edge. :) Initially, the mods have ben to virgin heads but as I run through the remaining inventory, I will be destroying U bin LED's that never even got to punch out a single photon. Kind of sad..............

EDIT (1-21-07): THe PD-S are all gone. I have a remainder of 27LT sets that require modification and then they will be made available and notice given in this thread.

EDIT (2-5-07) I have machined the balance of the 27LT-S heads and will be offering the 27LT-S until they are gone. At the time of this edit, there are 24 of these left. Requests will be processed in the order the e-mails are received.

EDIT (2-7-07) All of these are now spoken for; no more left. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

ianb

Enlightened
Re: 27LT & PD with Seoul

*Okay too fast reading, yes this is exciting, but sorry you are swallowing the extra cost :(, it seems a shame about the Lux III's, I guess people don't want lux III now, as you say, living on the edge.
:drool:

but this isn't fair I'm trying to wait for a S-27!

awesome,

Ian :)

Last edited:

loveit

Enlightened

I'd like the miser PD-S as well! I'll keep my eye on the thread to order if this option becomes available!

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,

I can't wait Don - awesome news!
Thanks,
:) john

EDIT: Hell, I didn't have to wait! :paypal: :thanks:

Last edited:

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would also like to put in a vote for a Mizer option.:)

Don,
Is the low level of the PD-S the same as the low of a Luxeon PD or is it slightly brighter?

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

jch79 said:
I can't wait Don - awesome news!
Thanks,
:) john

EDIT: Hell, I didn't have to wait! :paypal: :thanks:

Me neither - shipping email was waiting for me when I got home 40 minutes after sending the email. Woo-hoo!

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Shipping notice received for 27LT-S, :paypal:

I don't think these will last long.

Sigbjoern

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast

I couldn't wait for Mizer option to materialize, I just had to order it. :rock:
Unfortunately now I have to wait for it to get here.:rant:

Thanks Don!! You the man!!

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*

Email sent Don. :) I've been waiting 2 years to order a McClux III PD.

Edit: You would think that after 2 years I would know how to spell McLux. :ohgeez:

Last edited:

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast

WOW!

the led revolution is here!!! I can't believe all the new products and options.

I really need to sell some of my stuff to buy this combo :)

jemab

Enlightened

I would order one in a heartbeat if I could get the mizer option!
Please, please, please will you offer this...

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

LifeNRA said:
Email sent Don. :) I've been waiting 2 years to order a McClux III PD.

Great to hear that the wait's over!

Latest posts