Surefire Cree L1 owners with issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally got my replacement L1. Seems to be ok. I went to do a test for 10-15 minutes, then fell asleep for about 45 more. When I woke up the light was still on same brightness with no hint of flickering. Finally got a good one! Now I can relax, until the G2L comes out... ;)

gsm

Newly Enlightened
My replacement L1 arrived today. It was shipped next day air saver on Friday. I have run it for over a hour, no problems at all. It smokes my old L1 and has good tint. :thumbsup: Gsm

digitaleos

Enlightened
I also received my replacement L1 today, I've only tested it for 7 minutes so far, but so far so good.

Chris

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt it but can confirm in 2-3 days. The revised lights didn't begin shipping until 8/9 AFAIK so not many dealers will have them yet.

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
have to wait until I get my paycheck before I can order one... its itching in my fingers....I WANT ONE NOW! :broke:

CallMeDave

Newly Enlightened
Revised L1's shipped to dealers starting 8/9 ...

I would love to know if the revision is to the body and/or to the head.

I won the Limited Edition Donation Drive raffle (even if it did take me more then four weeks to claim it) for an L1 with a special "PK" logo engraved on the head.

If the fix is to the body alone, perhaps SureFire customer service might be willing to let me keep my special head, given that the light was a "personal gift" from PK.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it needs attention or not...

Dave

batman

Enlightened
look at how fast SF fixed this problem, it's over and done with. I just bought a new batch L1 from opticsHQ,..didn't have to wait long for the problem to get fixed. I can't even begin to complain.

luminata

Enlightened
Its over and done with for some batman, but not for me. still waiting and nothing .

I really, really wish I had gone with Novatac and the 85T. I would have had a working light right now instead of waiting for.......?

Called SF today . they supposed to get back to me with update before end of day....nothing. Here we go again I really can't take this crap anymore. 5 weeks at the end of this week I beleive for me.

Last edited:

merlocka

Enlightened
I received my L1 from Surefire (ordered it directly from SF).

It has been running for 20 minutes on high, no problems.

It has a white dot on it. Not sure if that means anything.

L1new.jpg

Oh, here are a couple of quick beamshots.

L1.jpg

This is my L1 running a Surefire 123 battery. It's been running for about 15 minutes at this point.

DX.jpg

This is my DEXlight X.1 running on a fairly fresh 14400.

Both images are about 2-3ft from wall. If you back away, the DEX actually starts appearing brighter as it has more spill and the L1 is more of a "cone".

One last "almost crapped my pants" note. Ultrafire RCR123's are very snug. Quite snug, in fact. OK, I almost couldn't get the damn thing out. I need to get some AW's...

BUT, when I did have it in, I only turned it on for a bit. I was going to do some beamshots for comparison, but I don't want to get the battery stuck. For the moment I had it in, I did think the high beam was brighter... but it could have been my wishful thinking.

Anyway, it's going on 30 minutes now, no flickering or anything. I'm pretty happy with this light. The color temperature is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts