• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired === Drake / Draco Payment === (PART 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
jch: That turbo head was refunded and transfered to the Diamond Drake. It have been a while ago, I had to open the history book to check.
I think we're squared away right?

As for the Turbo head, some recent development have increased my hope in the project. Hopefully it will come to fruition shortly (before xmas).

jwalker497

Newly Enlightened
Moda, I have a few questions, please forgive me here.

1. What is The cheapest standard model available and how much. I do not understand all that you have written
2. what does that put out in lumens of this chepaest model?
3. what are the dimensions length, diameter and weight?

Thanks you very much

Last edited:

Yota

Newly Enlightened
Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I can't seem to find it....

Is there an option of a different/better emitter?
I've noticed "R2" mentioned a few times, but searching doesn't come up with any results for some reason.

Thanks!

I would also like to know if more than one bin is available as an option.

pertinax

Enlightened
Modamag's chart has caused a lot of confusion, because it's turned 90 degrees from what you expect.

Look at the columns. There's a price at the top, then an "X" in each cell below where you get that item for the price (and package name) at the top. It took me a while to figure it out too.

All the info is there though, except the bin info and lumens.

Weight and dims are in the original thread. Go to the first page, then click on the design thread link.

Incidentally, you will be absolutely stunned if you get one of these. Get one now while you can still "Wow!" people with it. In a few years, there will undoubtedly be a mass-market version. But right now, nothing's even close.

jwalker497

Newly Enlightened
I still don't know the Lumen information, can someone please explain this to me.

What's the difference between the drake and the draco?

Also some pics would be helpful, maybe next to some fenix as a reference of other items. Thanks

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal:PP Amount 193.50
PP Subject Draco Payment

CPF nfetterly
Email correspondence nfetterly at gmail dot com
Paypal email nfetterly at Kadantbc dot com

Draco Chrome - $175
Tritium – ice blue preferred - $10
(green tritium okay of ice blue not available)
Shipping US - $5
Chrome Insurance - $3.50

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paypal sent for $279.60

altin drake package=260.00
tritium(blue first, then white, then green)=10.00
shipping=5.00
insurance=4.60
Warm R2 bin if possible

thanks for the great work :twothumbs
Sam

puzzl3

Banned
Man, i don't understand how to buy from this thread?
I've read so many times...very difficult to choose which one and which is not.

I need something that when i receive it i can turn it on and use it.

Help please.

clintb

Enlightened
Cash PayPal sent for the following:
Unique Transaction ID #2EA89739J02960414

1x Standard Drake - Titanium - AlTiN: $270.00
1x Silicon Orings: $2.00
1x Tritium (green): $10.00
US Shipping: $5.00

Total: $287.00

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, I'm sorry about the confusion of the Pricing Chart. It's the only compact way to embed everything I want to display.
The chart is basically a matrix.

Reading the horizontal row will give you the individual pricing of each component.
Vertical columns will give you the package pricing and what is included in each package.

Here are couple examples.
eg. 1: Ordering a complete Draco Standard package (column) will cost $175 Cash PP, which includes a complete Draco, spare orings, 10280 spacer, Nano Charger, two 10280 batteries. Note you still have to add shipping.
columnreadingao2.jpg

eg. 2: Ordering just a spare Oring (row) for $2.00 Cash PP, or $2.08 Credit PP
rowreadingnx3.jpg

As for the current binning. Draco/Drake are shipped with mostly R2 bin or Q5. Which one exactly depends on the tint request. You can also request a specific (market available) LED. It will just have a longer lead time for delivery.
The lumens output for the Draco is 215-230 lumens, and 133-145 lumens for the Drake.
This is more than enough light for a keychain light. I normally set my unit (XRE-P4) on level 3 of 10 which gives about 80 lumens enough for most purpose.

jwalker497:
1) Cheapest route is the standard Drake package for $155 or standard Draco package for $175 plus shipping.
2) Lumens output is a function of battery, driver, LED, and reflector which is shared in the Aluminum & Titanium version. The extra cost is for the titanium and coating durability and uniqueness.
3) Draco dimension ... 47mm L x 13mm (7 grams Aluminum) OD Lanyard version
Drake dimension ... 33mm L x 13mm OD (6 grams Aluminum) OD Lanyard version

pertinax: You're correct that this will never be mass produced. Although I tried to make the design elangant and "simple". It's a PITA for assembly. A small fiber on a Mag lens will be just fine, but inside that tiny 13mm Draco sapphire lens you will notice.
So far no one have wanted to pickup this light for mass production due to the following reasons.
1) Tight tolerance in machining (increase cost)
2) Meticulous assembly process (increase cost)
3) Low margin (cost/selling price)

After this runs ends, I'll celebrate with a turkey and be happy that I have one on my keychain.

puzzl3: Get the Draco standard (turn-key) package. That's my recommendation.
If you find that you prefer something more exotic then get the Titanium Standard Package.

clintb

Enlightened
modamag,

Following up on your comments on the bins available. I generally prefer a neutral to warm tint, so whether that's the R2 or Q5, I'll let you decide. Think Q5 WD kind of tint.

Thanks!

Last edited:

clintb

Enlightened
puzzl3: Get the Draco standard (turn-key) package. That's my recommendation.

Let's have it.. So i pay $ 175 Right?
Where do i pay to?
Thanks.
Check the first post for PayPal. One address for cash, balance funded transactions. A different address for credit funded transactions.

ripley24

Newly Enlightened
This was probably explained somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. What is the Tritium exactly? Just something to make it glow all fancy like?

Also, is it a bad idea to get that feature if I plan on carrying it in my pocket attached to lots of other keys? I think I read somewhere of someone's breaking/leaking due to this, but I may be confused.

easilyled

Flashaholic
This was probably explained somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. What is the Tritium exactly? Just something to make it glow all fancy like?

Also, is it a bad idea to get that feature if I plan on carrying it in my pocket attached to lots of other keys? I think I read somewhere of someone's breaking/leaking due to this, but I may be confused.

Tritium is a radioactive isotope of Hydrogen which emits beta particles fairly weakly.

It is often used to fill glass vials which have been coated with a phosphor in order to produce a betalight,
a "self-powered" lighting device which glows due to the electrons from the Tritium hitting the phosphor.

On CPF we often epoxy these glass-Tritium containing vials into machined
slots or grooves in flashlights so that they can easily be spotted at night.

From what I have gathered by reading many threads, there is very low risk of anything untoward happening, even if a vial broke.
(which is a relief, since this has happened to me)

I have a Draco with a green Tritium vial inserted into the tail, and there is virtually no chance at all of it breaking as it is very
well recessed and epoxied.

clintb

Enlightened
Just out of curiosity, how long does it take to ship a Ti Draco? I live in the same area as modamag, so hopefully shipping will be pretty quick. :)

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
It normally takes me 1-2 week to build and test the unit.
Shipping is then 3-7 days depending on where.

Clint, your unit should make it's way home this Friday or Saturday.
Just in time those cool cloudy night (dark!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts