• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

●=●=● Tasklight Two -- A CR2 worklight/flashlight ●=●=●

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Re: ●=●=● Tasklight Two -- A CR2 worklight/flashlight ●=●=●

I received mine last week. I always see how great Fred's work is but I really never knew. This is the first light of Fred's that I have ever owned & I must say I'm very impressed. Of course I had to take it apart & see what was inside, I really like the reflector holder. I love the EN coating. Great work Fred! Thanks again. :wave:

Last edited:

GryphonQ

Newly Enlightened

I'll take a Tasklight II. I plan to use it with AW RCR2's in case that makes a difference (soldering .2mm brass tabs is not in my repertoire)...

Edit: I'm adding $6 in the hope that that covers priority mail to Nevada...

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

I plan to use it with AW RCR2's in case that makes a difference (soldering .2mm brass tabs is not in my repertoire)...

I'm sorry, guess I shouldn've never posted that. Fred's light will work perfectly fine with a RCR2 without any modifications needed. I only added the brass tab cause I've got this mental problem where I can't leave anything alone.

With all the RCR2s I have there are slight differences in length with them even though they are all the same brand. The .2mm tab I used is just what I ended up prferring with two of my RCR2s. It may give different results for you as it does with my other RCR2s.

Also, making the solder blob shorter than what Fred made them will not allow the light to work with primary CR2s anymore. Fred's work is perfect on these, it's probably best just to leave the light alone since it doesn't need anything else but a good loving owner.

I've edited my post to prevent any more confusion. My apologies to Fred & many thanks to Fred for making such a great light!

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just a note to say that the Tasklight II is in stock. I had darkzero do all the remaining LE builds (and he did a fantastic job, of course), so these are now ready for immediate shipment.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Tasklight II was just promoted from shelfqueen to accompany my camera (together with a McGizmo EN AMc Mule). On nighthikes it is pretty usefull since you can put it on the tripod (I use a small SLR Gorillapod) and have both hands free for the camera.

That´s when I started playing around with it a litte. You can replace the stock reflector with a McR16 if you file down the outer diameter at the widest point a litte. That´d transform the beam to a more common one with brighter spot - just in case one wouldn´t use it as a work light but rather carry it in a pocket. I also removed the reflector completely and had some sort of mule tasklight without any spot which was pretty cool as well. On burst it is mich brighter than my McGizmo Mule and it has a very low low as well as a selectable third level

:thumbsup: very cool little light :thumbsup:

taskmule.jpg

Eric

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned

Hmm. I forgot how shiny nickel-plate is when it's brand new. Mine's gotten a little tarnished over the past few months, though interestingly it's a lot grippier with the layer of tarnish on it. Ah well, I can always polish it again.

fiftycalibre

Newly Enlightened

Amazingly beautiful. If I had the funds, I would get one in a heartbeat.

Perhaps in a few weeks time...

cloggy

Newly Enlightened

Payment sent for a tasklight 2 (well it is Christmas soon) I could not find anything about postage to the UK on the website,let me know if you require additional payment. Kindest regards.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Payment sent for a tasklight 2 (well it is Christmas soon) I could not find anything about postage to the UK on the website,let me know if you require additional payment. Kindest regards.

Hi cloggy,

The Tasklight II was mailed to you today. Check your PP e-mail address for the PDF invoice and notification. Thanks for ordering one.