• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

1xAA McClickie Pak Wave

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do runtimes compare when using a AA Alkaline or Lithium primary at the same drive levels of a single cr123 primary light?

gunga

Flashaholic
Wait...completely stock?? But the SWM has square threads!

It works, but not well. I have no spacer in mine yet, so it doesn't turn on. The oring is not covered either. Not a good combo. I have my SUnwayman on a Kuku Ti 14500 body anyways, so this is strictly for my Haiku (or whatever other compatible head I find).

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait...completely stock?? But the SWM has square threads!

Well, my pic says it. It works, but I have to include a small magnetic spacer and Don's o-ring is thick enough to fill in the gap caused by the (Pak) body and (SWM) head.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
How do runtimes compare when using a AA Alkaline or Lithium primary at the same drive levels of a single cr123 primary light?

To answer this one would require a constant current driver that is compatible with these battery types.

gunga

Flashaholic
I got mine. Feels a bit funky with a Haiku head. Wonder if it would be more balanced with a mule? Just need an AA driver now...

rewdee

Newly Enlightened
Don, is there going to be a new head design to pair it with the AA pak? It looks good with mule head but then no reflector. Other heads looks a bit unbalanced for the AA pak.

Thanks.

Edit: any pics of the AA pak with a sundrop xru?

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Don, is there going to be a new head design to pair it with the AA pak? It looks good with mule head but then no reflector. Other heads looks a bit unbalanced for the AA pak.

Thanks.

Edit: any pics of the AA pak with a sundrop xru?

No plans for any new head for the series. I do think that a 1.5V AA light is best suited in hosting the Mule or SunDrop head. As for balance I am most concerned with the balance in the hand and not in appearance. On that note I should point out that there is a subtle taper in the rib diameters. As you move aft on the pak, each rib diameter increases a bit over the previous one.

rewdee

Newly Enlightened
No plans for any new head for the series. I do think that a 1.5V AA light is best suited in hosting the Mule or SunDrop head. As for balance I am most concerned with the balance in the hand and not in appearance. On that note I should point out that there is a subtle taper in the rib diameters. As you move aft on the pak, each rib diameter increases a bit over the previous one.

Wow, i didn't notice the tapering if not pointed out by you. I believe with such effort and details put into the design i have nothing to worry about. Will wait for the AA driver and get it as a complete iight running Nihm or alkaline.

Thanks for the insight. Cheers.

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine. Feels a bit funky with a Haiku head. Wonder if it would be more balanced with a mule? Just need an AA driver now...

Got mine. Thanks Don!

Don't find the feel funky with the Haiku at all. I have been using a 2xAA Haiku, so this just feels right. It is awesome with the Makai too. I would rank my initial head preference in this order. Makai, Haiku, Sundrop, Mule.

Each to their own. :)

I read that quotation from Data (Dave) recently "If you want perfection, get a McGizmo". So true.

eala

scout24

Flashaholic
As an aside, Batteryjunction has 3v lithium primaries by Titanium Innovations (14505 is the listed size) that work perfectly in this body, both with my M31L/ vme head as well as my stock E1L head. Just another option if you're not a fan of rcr's. M31L works nicely on one Eneloop, as well. :)

faco

Enlightened
Wow, just what I have always wanted from Don. Cant wait for a complete single AA light to be available.........will buy one instantly :)

LumensMaximus

Enlightened
Sign me up Don, can no longer resist, it will actually be easier on the wallet having to wait for the new 3 speed head. I would like the jeweled clip too...PM sent :twothumbs