• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

1xAA McClickie Pak Wave

nbp

Flashaholic
Etched clip vs. standard clip.

iiits.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
It used to come with the BB finish lights. Now that Don is not doing BB lights anymore, he may or may not have any lying around. You'd have to email him and ask real nice.

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don, is there going to be a new head design to pair it with the AA pak? It looks good with mule head but then no reflector. Other heads looks a bit unbalanced for the AA pak.

Thanks.

Edit: any pics of the AA pak with a sundrop xru?

What if you lathe the Mule head down to match the body? It looks like there is enough material to make it match the body. Does Don make a CRI Mule head? That would be neat paired with this body.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
What if you lathe the Mule head down to match the body? It looks like there is enough material to make it match the body. Does Don make a CRI Mule head? That would be neat paired with this body.

The 1xAA pak is E-series geometry and this does restrict how small any head can be. I don't have any plans at present for different heads for it. I have been logging some time on a prototype AA converter (1.5V) which is pretty cool and anticipate being able to add it to the offerings within the next couple months or so. I will wait until I have a production version of the converter before getting into its details. The Nichia High CRI LED's are an obvious option for this pak and the new converter since the max drive current dictated by the power supply will be below the capacity of the LEDs.

tygger

Enlightened
That is fantastic news. 1AA would be a dream EDC. :thumbsup: Can't wait for your future offereings Don.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 1xAA pak is E-series geometry and this does restrict how small any head can be. I don't have any plans at present for different heads for it. I have been logging some time on a prototype AA converter (1.5V) which is pretty cool and anticipate being able to add it to the offerings within the next couple months or so. I will wait until I have a production version of the converter before getting into its details. The Nichia High CRI LED's are an obvious option for this pak and the new converter since the max drive current dictated by the power supply will be below the capacity of the LEDs.

Count me in on one of the AA LE light.

nbp

Flashaholic
Got my AA Pak today. Gorgeous, as always Don. :thumbsup:

Should have cells tomorrow to try it out. :)

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the availability of the 1xAA pak, it sets the stage for another McGizmo milestone. If the 1.5V LE comes to mature fruition, it will enable a large swathe of new users to enjoy the McGizmo lights. I do know for a fact that there are some people that do not want to be bothered with CR123 as it may not be easily available in where they reside or just too cumbersome to handle RCR123. Of course, one can say there is the 2AA pak. Many including myself found that it is a bit too long to EDC unnoticed.
But with the single AA, it is a no brainer for anyone to use it.With easily available AA battery found anywhere in the world, McGizmo lights will become more appealing to the commoner or non flashaholics.

All I can say is that Don is going to be a busy man.....
:)

nbp

Flashaholic
Hi Don,

Do these Paks use the EPDM o-rings also? If so, what size are they? I forgot about how my Nyogel likes to eat EPDM and that I had swapped to Viton on my 123 Paks. Might be time to order some o-rings for this size Pak. Thanks for your help. :)

Latest posts