• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

1xAA McClickie Pak Wave

McGizmo

Flashaholic
sorry newbie here, but even after reading, still don't seem to understand. this is ONLY for the body part of the torch right?

Yes, you are correct. sorry for the confusion. With a 14500 Li-Ion protected cell this pak and battery can be used with any of the 3 volt (3S) heads or with a AA battery this pak can be used with an AA converter based head. The modularity of this system is both good news and bad news I guess.

fyrstormer

Banned
What if you lathe the Mule head down to match the body? It looks like there is enough material to make it match the body. Does Don make a CRI Mule head? That would be neat paired with this body.
The resulting head would have very thin sides and wouldn't be very strong. It might even be thin enough to bend just from being dropped on the floor.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have the 1xAA pak and mule head combo as shown in the first post? If so, are you able to provide the overall length of the light?

Cheers,

- Matt

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the design and size of the 1x AA pack. I run a 14500 li ion mostly with a haiku and the mule head at times. The slightly smaller diameter really makes it nice to carry as if it's hardly there. Reading past reviews and from my own experience the 14500's true capacity is greater than the rcr123. I was hesitant upon purchasing it but really glad I did.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
That is a very cool looking battery pack! PSM, what head and battery are you going to run on your new single cell AA pack?

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

Best,

RedLED

I have been carrying my Sun Drop (HIVE, 119v) on a Malkoff 1xAA body for a few months with Li Ion 14500. Time to upgrade! I too love the form factor of the AA body, its very pocket friendly. And the HIVE lets me know when the 14500 is getting low.

fyrstormer

Banned
It is a cool-looking battery pack, isn't it? I just wish the tail were wider, more like the 1xCR123 version. The narrow tail on the 1xAA version doesn't offer enough grip security in wet conditions, and the edge of the tail-bezel digs into my thumb when I operate the switch.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
It is a cool-looking battery pack, isn't it? I just wish the tail were wider, more like the 1xCR123 version. The narrow tail on the 1xAA version doesn't offer enough grip security in wet conditions, and the edge of the tail-bezel digs into my thumb when I operate the switch.

Agree with you, but it's a trade-off for pocketability, and it feels great in the hand. I already own a 2xAA pak.

fyrstormer

Banned
For whatever reason, the extra width of the 1xCR123 pack doesn't poke my leg as much as the extra length of the 1xAA pack. That being said, I use pocket clips with all my Gizmos (except the Sapphire, of course), so they never poke my leg anyway.