• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 2x18350 & 2x18500 FM1794

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
fivemega said:
Recommended batteries are AW's protected 18500 or AW's IMR 18350
I do agree that the 1794 on 2x18500 on IMR is an instaflash concern. I had two hot off the charger and even with a SoftStart I went to high without letting them bleed a little bit enough power and poofed a bulb.
Anybody else wants to try with pair of fully recharged IMR 18500 or 18650? ! ! !

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
FM -

Another order. :) PP sent for:

#07 Black 2x18350 FM1794 (AVAILABLE) - no tailcap - $32
#02 Black 2x18500 FM1794 (AVAILABLE) - no tailcap - $34
2 x CL1499 $9 each (AVAILABLE) - $18
2 x FM1794 $10 each (AVAILABLE) - $20
US Shipping - $6

Total: $110

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been looking at this thread a lot, wanting a 2x18350 set up. After reading some of the issues people have without a SoftStart, I'm still on the fence about getting one and running it with AW 18350 IMR cells.

Conte

Enlightened
I have been looking at this thread a lot, wanting a 2x18350 set up. After reading some of the issues people have without a SoftStart, I'm still on the fence about getting one and running it with AW 18350 IMR cells.

I haven't really interpreted any issues without a softstart?

Do you have a multi meter? If you can test your batteries fresh off the charger to make sure the voltage Is not too high you should be fine.

It is a bit of a delicate Config, but once you get it figured out its a piece of cake. Just look at that crazy diamond guy who bought one, then bought two more.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I have a multi meter, I can test the batteries out before firing it up.

It's because of SOYCD buying so many that has reignited my interest in this set up!

Conte

Enlightened
Anyone know how a stinger bulb will fit in this ?

Found some at a local shop. Filament height looks close, maybe a touch short.

Also found some scorpion bulbs but they look too small.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
FM -

Another order. :) PP sent for:

#07 Black 2x18350 FM1794 (AVAILABLE) - no tailcap - $32
#02 Black 2x18500 FM1794 (AVAILABLE) - no tailcap - $34
2 x CL1499 $9 each (AVAILABLE) - $18
2 x FM1794 $10 each (AVAILABLE) - $20
US Shipping - $6

Total: $110

Hi FM, just checking if you've had a chance to ship these yet? Thanks. :)

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received mine today and if doesn't work at all. I tried the bulb that was installed before I removed it and the extra one I ordered and neither lit up. The bulbs are good. I checked them with a meter and lit them up dimly with two aa batteries. Batteries are both at 3.8 volts and I'm even getting voltage at the socket. I have a feeling the socket is shorted but I'm not sure.

I received and checked your flashlight. There is nothing wrong with it.
I tested your protected 18500 batteries and they are not capable of 3 Amps load.
I loaded with my old AW protected 18500 and works fine.

There is no need to be frustrated and take any friendly advice as an offend.
We all are here to learn things from each other and have some fun.

Folks, please read post number 1 and 2 before attempt to buy and if you already have one and read post number 1, please read post number 2 to find answer of your question.

BTW, on 2x AW IMR 18350, I see 1499 just as bright as 1794.
If you can't tell the difference of 1499 and 1794 in brightness, you definitely have some battery issue.

Also do you guys know any online store that sells those new (2014) high current Efest and Keeppower 18350 and 18500 cells internationally?
Do NOT use mentioned batteries in this flashlight with high current bulbs. They are not capable of high current incand bulbs. Use them in LED flashlight.

It would be great to find a bulb that works with this light that draws around 1Amp.
Did you read post number 2 ???

Last edited:

cbsmith111

Newly Enlightened
I don't remember getting frustrated or saying anything rude. I checked everything that was suggested to me. Efest batteries have a good reputation. I guess I assumed they would work. Of course they seem to better known for their imr batteries. Thanks for the help.

cbsmith111

Newly Enlightened
I tried a 1794 in a maglite with two 26650 and a bifocal reflector and was really impressed. I used the new style mag plastic bipin adapter. I only ran it in a couple of stretches about ten minutes each, but I didn't see any sign of it getting too hot. I have a feeling it could though. With the bifocal it produced a strange but useful beam. There was a tiny intense hotspot, a larger less intense hotspot, and then m a goodeven spill. Throw was impressive. You can move the filiment further back and get a more normal beam, but I actually liked the three stage bm a lot.

Conte

Enlightened
Whoa really ? I think you got lucky cause that should of blown it.
What kind of 26650 cells ? And do you know what voltage they charge to ?

I did something similar using a mag C loaded with 18650 lion cells. Similar kind of cells Fivemega calls "protected".
I make sure they are not charged too hot. The 1794 does sag them pretty good.

I've run the 1794 many times in regulated lights, it certainly puts out when you can run it full bore.

I know what you mean about the bi-focal, it definitely has an interesting beam. I have a older gen model.

I tried a 1794 in a maglite with two 26650 and a bifocal reflector and was really impressed. I used the new style mag plastic bipin adapter. I only ran it in a couple of stretches about ten minutes each, but I didn't see any sign of it getting too hot. I have a feeling it could though. With the bifocal it produced a strange but useful beam. There was a tiny intense hotspot, a larger less intense hotspot, and then m a goodeven spill. Throw was impressive. You can move the filiment further back and get a more normal beam, but I actually liked the three stage bm a lot.

cbsmith111

Newly Enlightened
They are cheap protected lico. I take them off the charger at 4.0 each at that they don't seem to be straining the bulb but its still fairly bright. It looks about as bright as the 3854H at full power but with a more throw.