A tribute to present and past custom builders

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure if OP wanted Ti lights, but custom tribute thread just won't be complete without Ganp's works...here are few images...

Ganp Griffin
img4425medium.jpg

Ganp Kwerk (short for Kraftwerk), also with early custom triple by Moddoo:
img4426medium.jpg

And, I don't have my own yet to post but from his original sales thread, Long throw E-series head (hope ok with Colin):
img5126copy.jpg

Last edited:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure if OP wanted Ti lights, but custom tribute thread just won't be complete without Ganp's works...here are few images...
I'm fine with lights made of any material, as long as they are custom. :) I had never seen the Ganp lights, so thanks for adding them. The head on that last light is a monster! :eek:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd never heard of the Ganp lights either....have you got details on the Griffin? I really like his style :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
PhotonFanatic Groovy:
Groovy_on_Side.jpg

HDS HiCRI EDC:
Clicky_zpsf07cf209.jpg

I bought it direct, and waited over a year. I think it counts.

FiveMega Ultra Cool with Ronac Cryos head and Mac's Customs triple, all in Copper:
Copper_Extreme_Closeup_zpsbae7a29f.jpg

(still trying to decide on a tail)

I can't believe how quickly things get dusty - the first two were just a day or two old when the respective photos were taken.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
FiveMega Ultra Cool with Ronac Cryos head and Mac's Customs triple, all in Copper:
Copper_Extreme_Closeup_zpsbae7a29f.jpg
That looks great! I really hope I'll be able to snag one of those Cryos heads for my FM body. :) I'm also still trying to figure out a tail, but it sounds like there are a couple of promising options on the horizon. I bought the FM tail, but I don't think it's the best fit - aesthetically speaking.

I can't believe how quickly things get dusty - the first two were just a day or two old when the respective photos were taken.
Agreed - all those little nooks and crannies are dust magnets. ;)

Additionally, I continue to be amazed / surprised at how much dirt, fingerprints, small scratches, etc. that camera sees that my eyes don't.

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
That looks great! I really hope I'll be able to snag one of those Cryos heads for my FM body. :) I'm also still trying to figure out a tail, but it sounds like there are a couple of promising options on the horizon. I bought the FM tail, but I don't think it's the best fit - aesthetically speaking.

Agreed - all those little nooks and crannies are dust magnets. ;)

Additionally, I continue to be amazed / surprised at how much dirt, fingerprints, small scratches, etc. that camera sees that my eyes don't.

I have to agree with you - on both the camera picking up the details that the eyes don't, and on the FM tailcap. :~

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just for fun, here's a picture of my entire current custom collection (soon to grow by four more lights :naughty:).

Click on the image to see a bigger picture - it makes it easier to see each light. :)

Last edited:

grayhighh

Enlightened
Dave, nice collection ! You need a bigger table for your flashlights:devil:

How do you like your Lux RC Lab flashlight ? I'm interested in getting one of them.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave, nice collection !

How do you like your Lux RC Lab flashlight ? I'm interested in getting one of them.
Thanks Cary. :)

I quite like the Lux-RC light. I thinking about getting another one as soon as his next batch is ready. It's amazingly bright, has a very floody beam (which I personally prefer) and is a very unique and interesting look!

easilyled

Flashaholic
That's an amazing collection of custom treasures with great variety Dave.
I'm not familiar with the two cerakoted lights in the picture in the back row (black and white)

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Daniel. It was also a fun picture to take - albeit a bit challenging. I want to do a similar picture for my non-custom lights, but I'll need even more room so I'll have to do it in another location!

The two lights in the back row are both FiveMega "COOLY" 26650 P60 hosts. I keep finding nifty P60 drop-ins and so I needed more hosts. I just bought those two (one new, one used) about a week ago.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave, nice collection ! You need a bigger table for your flashlights:devil:
I missed this comment the first time I read your post. I'm about to add more lights (actually five more - not four). Once I do that, I'm not sure I'll be able to fit them on my washing machine anymore. I'm not sure what I'll do at that point! :eek:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh how I want an LS27....

Dave, when you run out of room on your washing machine, you could go to the office supply store and buy white poster board, lay it on the floor and take pictures there. You can tile as many as you want together to get a bigger area :)

I use to do that for taking pictures of RC cars and other toy cars.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave, when you run out of room on your washing machine, you could go to the office supply store and buy white poster board, lay it on the floor and take pictures there. You can tile as many as you want together to get a bigger area :)

I use to do that for taking pictures of RC cars and other toy cars.
That's a great idea Ryan - thanks! :)

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just today, I received this stunning Jeff Hanko light in the mail. In my excitement, I went a bit overboard (even for me!) taking pictures. ;)

And here are a couple of pictures with my two TNC copper lights.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you do anything to prevent tarnish on your copper lights? I believe Photonfanatic uses a special wax that works well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you mean Renaissance Wax? That stuff works wonders in preventing tarnishing