AAA clicky?

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
I know that the choices are reduced significantly, but are any of the above forward-clicky besides the Streamlight/Pelican ?
Lumapower Lm21 is, and with a nice long throw clean break switch I might add. Similar to a worked double action pull on a INOX 92 compact type M9A1

the latest aaa clickies on the market have been treated by me, i'll be glad to answer questions there

New Preon, Tool Ti, Ti5T, K18 SS : A layman's review
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...w-Preon-Tool-Ti-Ti5T-K18-SS-A-layman-s-review
Cool reviews we appreciate them alot. Although this is the newest clicky on the market.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was contemplating getting the Tool Ti it was $50. I do believe that the Tool Ti is worth $24 more for the better design and machining alone. I personally hate cheap/basic looking lights like the Thrunite, Tool, Tool Cu, and Maratac unless they have an outstanding UI/driver.

Standard clicky switches add $5-10 in lights like these, and the Tool Ti has an electronic switch (there are pros and cons, but they are more expensive). So roughly an extra $14 for the better design and machining definitely seems worth it to me. It also has a highly desirable high CRI Nichia 219B LED.

The Tool Ti is $70US now. The Thrunite does have a good UI and driver(in fact many think its better as it has a strobe mode and real moonlight)

Those are retail prices. A clicky switch does not cost anywhere near that wholesale(electronic or mechanical). The machining is good on the Thrunite(maybe not as good as the Tool but, still good) and nicely polished but, the knurling is a bit smooth. A Nichia is pretty much the same price, even Lumintop only charges $1 more for the Nichia model. The Thunite can easily be swapped to the same Nichia and comes in NW as well.

I am not saying the Thrunite is a better light, I am just using it as a base for comparison to show that the Tool Ti is way overpriced. For less money you can get a Zebralight SC32w or SC52w for example and both are far superior in almost every way. The Tool Ti is just a terrible value imo and one of the most overpriced lights I have seen.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's good news; I do remember when they had a reverse-clicky. PWM though, a bit of a bummer but not a dealbreaker.
FourSevens lights actually have really good PWM. The frequency is fast enough to be unnoticeable.

Frank A.

Newly Enlightened
I really like my UltraTac K18, but it has a side switch, not a clicky. It is small, well-built and puts out a ton of light with a 10440. Good luck!

Regards,
Frank A.

1DaveN

Enlightened
I'm not a huge fan of AAA, but my boss is. He's been carrying a Factor Equipment Mizpah 130 for a couple of weeks now, and just told me it's his favorite pocket light. He's comparing it to several brands of AAA clicky and twisty lights he's already got. One thing that surprised me is that he mentioned the 130 lumens. Apparently most of his AAAs aren't as bright, and he said the difference is noticeable.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not a huge fan of AAA, but my boss is. He's been carrying a Factor Equipment Mizpah 130 for a couple of weeks now, and just told me it's his favorite pocket light. He's comparing it to several brands of AAA clicky and twisty lights he's already got. One thing that surprised me is that he mentioned the 130 lumens. Apparently most of his AAAs aren't as bright, and he said the difference is noticeable.

My favourite fuel source is AA for practical reasons and most used is 18650 but I never leave home without a tiny AAA,always one on a lanyard around my neck.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a Lumapower and toss a surefire Titan A or B head on it. My most used light since i figured out they are compatible.
Now that is cool! I've been hoping for an updated, mod solution along the lines of the good 'ol Streamix... still my EDC for 6 years now, going strong using the same 'ol 2 X AAA, 8 year old Eneloops.

Would you be willing to create a thread about this "Surepower" mod?!

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
Now that is cool! I've been hoping for an updated, mod solution along the lines of the good 'ol Streamix... still my EDC for 6 years now, going strong using the same 'ol 2 X AAA, 8 year old Eneloops.

Would you be willing to create a thread about this "Surepower" mod?!

Oh cool, glad someone enjoys the hybrid. Actually the old streamix gave me the idea. Think they were using the old Gen 1 microsteam bodies.
I was so excited I created my dream light but the woman just scoffed and roller her eyes....mehhhh.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
the middle two are Lumintop Tool AAA clickies with 4000k N219b (these use reverse clickies with NOPWM)
IMG_2466.JPG

fwiw the copper or aluminum Maratac and Tool heads are interchangeable, creating a Clicky Maratac (MLH, cool white), and a high CRI Maratac twisty (LMH or MLH option, neutral white).
IMG_0444.JPG

Last edited:

Naam Penn

Newly Enlightened
I have a DGQ stainless AAA tail clicky flashlight that I carry on a keychain. It only has 2 modes but does support 10440 cells which is sort of like 3 modes. I like it because it is rugged for keychain carry (aluminum get bet up), it is short for a tail switch light, it is slim, it is as light weight as many aluminum lights and lighter than many titanium lights, it was a little less than $20 on a sale.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Factor Equipment Mizpah 130. 3 brightness levels and strobe. Remembers last mode used, including strobe. The best 2-way clip that I've encountered.

SwellGuy

Newly Enlightened
Lumapower Lm21 is, and with a nice long throw clean break switch I might add. Similar to a worked double action pull on a INOX 92 compact type M9A1

Cool reviews we appreciate them alot. Although this is the newest clicky on the market.
Surefire titan on lumapower, well done. Great lego

lunas

Enlightened
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0034GTCTC/?tag=cpf0b6-20
Nice light i can't remember what i did to it to require the mod i did but i presume i ruined the emitter somehow because i replaced it with a XP-G2 10mm emitter and it is very nice beats both my fenix e05 and ti99 for brightness and it is all metal with a proud aluminum tail button I would say by eye estimates it is around 120-150 lumen and it is somewhat floody the anodization is a little soft though and wore very nicely.

Latest posts