Any HDS Twisty News?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
I ordered a 100 model (white) on Nov 18 and it just arrived.

Well that p***es me right off, since I ordered my 70TR on Nov 10 and BS haven't even shipped mine yet. Not going to cancel my order, but I'd really like to think there was some kind of consistency to the way the orders were being dealt with.

Ah well, at least I have my new NDI and Zebralight to play with in the mean time.

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened
Yeah. I've got some very serious questions about how many are actually being made and shipped.

I've been Henry's staunchest supporter through the YEARS. I've stuck up for him when everyone was unsatisfied, through thick and thin.

However, at this point, I'm so sick of the missed timelines that I called today and cancelled my order.

At this point I would refuse a free light. I've got a serious mind to reuse the money I planned to spend and order another novatac. :thumbsdow

Earlier this week, I was very tempted to do the same. Luckily, Battery Station quick and fully answered my e-mail - so, I'll be waiting still. . . . November 29, 2007 still seems like a long time ago :whistle:

txmatt

Enlightened
When I called a few days ago, BatteryStation said they were receiving and shipping approximately 50/week and they had a few weeks worth of backorders.

Here are some pictures of the RA Twisty.

bill

2405807310_ba924d3ac3.jpg

2404972617_e478929bc8.jpg

2404976373_95fa2a34ea.jpg

2405803450_ecd28b4e9e.jpg

2405807390_a0059cf046.jpg

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Out of all my lights the only ones that make me feel as if i am holding something truly special are my HDS lights. From the looks of it the Ra should be no different.
:D

candlelight001

Newly Enlightened
Anyone who's got one, please tell us about the beam from the 100 and the 70 lumen varieties... If you can post beamshots, could you compare to novatac?

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
Mine was ordered in January, so I have some time to wait yet. The pictures look great and I guess I'm just willing to wait things out.

You can't have it all, folks. You want the best quality, but you want it now! There are times when I wait for others to be the early adopters and read all the reviews I can before buying. But this pre-purchase was based on Henry's previous work and the expectation that he would work out all the bugs before shipping. IOW, I was willing to wait for the quality, but wanted one ASAP -- knowing that would be awhile.

Many manufacturers are happy with allowing the first buyers to be their beta testers. I am glad that Henry is not one of those.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well stated Dead_Nuts. In my opinion with anything you have three criteria to choose from.

1. Good

2. Cheap

3. Fast

You can only have two of the three and live without the other.

Personally, I choose good and cheap and can live with the wait.
:naughty:

driven

Newly Enlightened
Would you say the beam is like that of the NovaTac 120P? If not how is it different?

Thanks.
Well, it is daylight right now and so it's hard to really tell. I would say that the center hot spot is a little larger, and seems a little diffused right at the center. Overall size of the beam and the tint seems similar. I'll try to take some beam shots this weekend and compare them

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it is daylight right now and so it's hard to really tell. I would say that the center hot spot is a little larger, and seems a little diffused right at the center. Overall size of the beam and the tint seems similar. I'll try to take some beam shots this weekend and compare them
driven - Thanks for the beam description and pics.

Will eagerly await some beam shot comparisons between the
NovaTac and your new Twisty. :thumbsup: :popcorn:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll admit, I was a bit put off initially by how this light looked, even if I was intrigued by the tack Henry chose by pursuing a super rugged, no frills, get you home kind of design...... but Bill.... your photos make that light look down right sexy (maybe I've been spending to much time here).

Now, the more I read about this light as it slowly comes to market, the more interested I've become.

I think it's unfortunate that there have been so many delays with the release, but it does seem that for those who were willing to wait that the result will be an excellent, versatile, rugged light that should last a lifetime.

BTW yaesumofo, I'd think that anybody in your line of work would jump at the model which includes the red LED...... since 70 honest lumens seems to be plenty for 99% of what a pocket light should be expected to be used for...... and especially since you already have other lights that would fulfill your requirement for a brighter, or lower white beam. Just my 2 cents.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Battery station told me that they were receiving 50 a week and that the orders for the light were growing at about the same rate.
They told me that there is about a month between order and shipment at this time.
regardless of which light is ordered.
That is what they told me anyway.
What is Henry telling you?
Yaesumofo

\
Yeah. I've got some very serious questions about how many are actually being made and shipped.

I've been Henry's staunchest supporter through the YEARS. I've stuck up for him when everyone was unsatisfied, through thick and thin. I'm hearing 2 different stories from Henry and Batterystation. It simply appears that one of them is untrue, especially when other info is taken into account.

I'm so sick of the missed promises that I called today and cancelled my order.

At this point I would refuse a free light. I've got a serious mind to reuse the
money I planned to spend and order another novatac. :thumbsdow

Olaf_S

Enlightened
My english is not so good. Will try some translations.

Pictures, you can see here: http://www.messerforum.net/showthread.php?p=467998#post467998
post #36 and 37

When you see both lights in one picture, the 70 TR is on the left site.

When you see one light for each picture, the 100 TW is the first one of two pictures, with same camera-attitude and same stage of the lights.

Post #37 in my german thread, second and third picture is 20 cm (0,65 feet or 7,87 inch) on white wall.

I will take more pictures soon (with HDS 60 GT and Nautilus) and some pictures outside.

The twisty is no light for one hand (at the moment - new). It`s not practicable. You need both hands to change the stage of the light.

Greetings
Olaf

Status
Not open for further replies.