Any ideas about the Muyshondt Beagle?

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
The dual beam looks sweet, and the runtimes for it are impressive. I also really like the the fact that it will take 18350. The lack of a good rechargeable option is what turned me off of the Aeon. Definitely one of the most well thought out lights I've seen in a while; every detail looks perfect. Sadly, I think it is a little too much money for me. Maybe there will be an aluminum model some day?[b/]

Hoping for this

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Ordered a turned Ti Beagle. Cannot wait, as I loved the LunaSol, but each light (flood and throw) was only one level. This has multiple levels and CRI, what a time to be alive. :D

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered a turned Ti Beagle. Cannot wait, as I loved the LunaSol, but each light (flood and throw) was only one level. This has multiple levels and CRI, what a time to be alive. :D
I ordered a dark rolled (stone wash) version right when it was released.

I feel the exact sentiment. This is what a modern Lunasol should be: high cri, warm tint, multiple levels for all led, 18350 powered.

Add to that a machined clip and titanium button and it's a winning combination. I can't wait to get this! This will replace my Tri-V3 and Hanko LF2XT that have found new homes.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I ordered a dark rolled (stone wash) version right when it was released.

I feel the exact sentiment. This is what a modern Lunasol should be: high cri, warm tint, multiple levels for all led, 18350 powered.

Add to that a machined clip and titanium button and it's a winning combination. I can't wait to get this! This will replace my Tri-V3 and Hanko LF2XT that have found new homes.

Agreed this should be a great EDC.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the UI can be improved with shortcuts to flood and throw vs scrolling through modes

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
So I understand that the first 3 levels of output will be flood/mule only at 1/15/70 lumens... What is unclear is that if the 4th and 5th levels are 165/435 lumens of flood/reflector combo, does that mean the flood stays at 70 lumens? Meaning setting 4 is 70 lumens flood and 95 lumens of "high beam"? Or will the flood beam get brighter than 70 lumens in setting 4 and 5.

This light is absolutely begging for user programmable output levels. The combinations are virtually limitless if for each output level the user could choose to use either the flood, the reflector, or both, and set the output of each individually...

I'm dreaming a bit here. But I feel the lights concept, design, and execution are great. I love that more "standard" sized batteries are being embraced by Muyshondt. I honestly feel the greatest limitation is the pre-set brightness intensities and run times...

Vernon

Enlightened
Any new info or general thoughts on this light? Can't wait for mine!

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aaron Tippin hit the nail on the head when he did People Like Us.. in saying that I personally have no need for the Beagle. The size is great. The flood is debatable. Throw and runtime kills it for me and so I ll stick to my Fliegers. A review will be coming when I get em over to the U.K. However in saying that it truly is a gorgeous design.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Visible PWM on mode 4 of my prototype unit:

sIhAr1k.jpg

Hopefully this gets addressed for the production units

Latest posts