Anybody know Mac's status?

spydiesteve

Newly Enlightened
UPDATE! Mac and I have had off and on contact over the last two months. After a lot of emailing, me threating him with criminal charges, and him giving me many excuses as to why it has taken fourteen months, I recieved tracking info today!! After talking with him I believe deep down he is truly convicted over how all this has turned out, and I gurantee if he could do it all again he would make different choices. Choices good or bad are not without consequences. I will let everyone know when my light arrives. And to those of you still waiting, hang in there, and don't give up!!

gonefishing

Enlightened
UPDATE! Mac and I have had off and on contact over the last two months. After a lot of emailing, me threating him with criminal charges, and him giving me many excuses as to why it has taken fourteen months, I recieved tracking info today!! After talking with him I believe deep down he is truly convicted over how all this has turned out, and I gurantee if he could do it all again he would make different choices. Choices good or bad are not without consequences. I will let everyone know when my light arrives. And to those of you still waiting, hang in there, and don't give up!!

Man! That is great news!!! I'm very, very happy for you and can't wait to see pics! Congrats!!

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Why do people keep saying that?!

"He can't communicate with customers because he's too busy building lights." Baloney. If that were true people wouldn't be waiting months for their lights!

The fact that he cannot even let people know their order was received and is in the queue is ridiculous. I have recently become self employed and am running my own business and for me communicating with customers is everything. You absolutely cannot ignore them and expect them to be okay with it.

And, it never has been easier, you can send letters from a phone in the Palm of your hand, text, and from your hand anywhere on the planet, make a phone call. If he does not start making this right, he's finished.

What at a shame, I was going to buy a light from him one day as they are very nice.

All he has to do is put a post here telling his customers what happened, maybe he has had some bad thing happen, and I can understand that but not for months of no communication whatsoever, very bad business conduct.

There is nothing like having your own business and in an art form, and a complicated field mixing machining and electronics, along with styling to complete the package, little pieces of the flashlight makers art.

Nevertheless, hope he will OK from now on and not let his business slide. Looks like he may be getting back on track, and that is a good thing. However, he should make a post of his own to instill confidence in his business operation. These are tough times we live in.

I would still buy a light from him, if he is fourth coming in why he behaved in such a disgraceful manner to the good people here, people who in good faith gave deposits Things happen in people's lives, but good God please explain and Try to salvage what is left of your business.

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
which email did he respond to? this is the lowest form of trash i have ever heard of. after hearing this i realize he is a criminal.

I don't think he is a criminal per se, something must have happened to cause a longtime maker to act this way. If he never came back, then he would be considered a criminal and should be gone after as one but, I would like to hear his side of what took place. I don't want to sound like I am defending him, however, people can have bad things happen, and he made a business decision that was not in his best interest.

The golden age of custom lights passed a few years ago, it would be a shame to lose another talent, so Mac, let us know what happened so we can understand and remain customers, and in my case a future customer, that is if you do the right thing. Time to be a man here!

Please don't let your talent slip away. This could all be worked out!

How many great custom makers have fallen from grace here in the years this forum has been up and running. If there are circumstances beyond your control, I think the people here would be forgiving, however, if an explainable release to us is not soon in coming it will forever ruin your status here. Time is very important from here on out. For some, it is already way too late, but you could still have a comeback of sorts, and it will take years to regain any real trust in many.

Also, I do sympathize with the frustrations of the people that placed orders. I know that feeling and it is no fun.

Last edited:

spydiesteve

Newly Enlightened
After fourteen long months it has arrived. What a shame Mac is longer going to make torches!! He truly has wasted talent. If Macs business sense matched his light making talent I have no doubt he would be a very successful maker. What a shame!!
KIMG0109_zpsrcgsdkka.jpg

KIMG0112_zpssbctuscp.jpg

gonefishing

Enlightened
After fourteen long months it has arrived. What a shame Mac is longer going to make torches!! He truly has wasted talent. If Macs business sense matched his light making talent I have no doubt he would be a very successful maker. What a shame!!
KIMG0109_zpsrcgsdkka.jpg

KIMG0112_zpssbctuscp.jpg

Sooooo happy for you man!!! It's funny, I've had many lights come and go and the one I got from Mac is my most cherished. It was the battle that makes it so much more worth holding on to. Enjoy it!!

spydiesteve

Newly Enlightened
I'm just glad the battle for me at least is over. I hope that someday he will make good on lights he owes so many people. Surely you and I are not the exception to the rule.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
This guy is now just a crook,to me. My earlier posts were diplomatic to see if he would respond.

Calling the police will get you this: 'It's a civil matter, you will have to take him to court.' And that is true. Or he may be in violation of federal income tax laws. Even stolen money is taxable, call your friendly local IRS office. They could snap him up real quick. He could go to Federal prison for tax evasion. Like he really declared this money on his tax return.

I have not had a day off since 1992, and work with people needing it NOW! I am either flying across the country or the world. Working in my studio or going on huge location shoots, where I set - focus my own lights, and on and on every day someone needs something. I take care of everyone from a simple re-print for a kid to The President of the United States asking about those pictures. All taken care of.

Guess what...I love it and have loved every minute of it! Mac must be suffering from a mental ailment, can't think of anything after all the chances given him here.

Again in I feel sorry for the loss people have suffered.

However, before we form a posse old round up Mac, there are a couple of things. Is he sick with his family not aware of his dealings, he could be in a coma, or even dead, maybe in jail?

I can can tell you this much...let's say I sold a McGizmo one night, then later that night had a heart attack, my wife and friends would not know to come to this forum, the PP could easily go unnoticed with grief and all that. So, instructed my wife just now, to check certain forms and be mindful of PP.

Last edited:

IsaacL

Enlightened
He is not sick. In fact, three people here have received their lights from him. All three had to file complaints to get what they were owed. Getting on the wrong side of PayPal or having an outstanding warrant can be a powerful motivating force.

Also, I keep hearing people say that fraud is civil. That's not totally true. Fraud is a both a civil and criminal offense, I think the duality of systems is what people find confusing.

It's true local police won't be able to "do" much but filing a complaint might be enough to get what you're owed. Your state AG offices investigates fraud cases from just a few dollars all the way up to multimillion dollar scams. One of my criminal law courses was taught by an 30 year PA AG veteran agent. I was surprised to find out they handle the little stuff too.

Last edited:

hig789

Newly Enlightened
Your state AG offices investigates fraud cases from just a few dollars all the way up to multimillion dollar scams. One of my criminal law courses was taught by an PA AG's special agent. I was surprised to find out they handle the little stuff too.

I am one of the ones who has received a light from him lately. After filing a internet fraud case with the FBI(the first reply I got from him) he replied to a few random emails with "I will have you a tracking number in a few days", I filed a fraud case with the Mass. AG and I had a light within a week of doing that.

However, before we form a posse old round up Mac, there are a couple of things. Is he sick with his family not aware of his dealings, he could be in a coma, or even dead, maybe in jail?

Flaming comment removed, along with expletive....Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
He not sick. In fact, three people here have received their lights from him. All three had to file complaints to get what they were owed. Getting on the wrong side of PayPal or having an outstanding warrant can be a powerful motivating force.

Also, I keep hearing people say that fraud is civil. That's not totally true. Fraud is a both a civil and criminal offense, I think the duality of systems is what people find confusing.

It's true local police won't be able to "do" much but filing a complaint might be enough to get what you're owed. Your state AG offices investigates fraud cases from just a few dollars all the way up to multimillion dollar scams. One of my criminal law courses was taught by an PA AG's special agent. I was surprised to find out they handle the little stuff too.

Good idea just contact the AG in his state, they can get the IRS, and a US Atty. could get an indictment on tax evasion, and they take this serious. They could call more than enough witnesses with a GJ, then Federal Court.

What he would have pay a decent Atty. Would be staggering. Huge money!

IsaacL

Enlightened
Good idea just contact the AG in his state, they can get the IRS, and a US Atty. could get an indictment on tax evasion, and they take this serious. They could call more than enough witnesses with a GJ, then Federal Court.

What he would have pay a decent Atty. Would be staggering. Huge money!

IF, ands it's definitely a huge IF, that were to happen no one here would receive anything. Lights, money, nada. It's just an unfortunate byproduct of how our criminal system works. Defendants in federal court regularly get wiped out by massive legal fees and usually end up settling (plea bargain) with the prosecution. The state (the government) doesn't give two hoots about victim restoration. You could try to apply to the victims restoration fund - but that would be a long shot IMO.

The civil judicial system is a whole other beast and if you have an attorney, and the money, you can file a civil complaint. Just make sure you go after legal fees as well as damages unless you want to end up "paying" a few thousand dollars to get your light. :broke:

I understand how hurt and betrayed you guys must feel, I really do. But I'd rather see you get something out of this than simply going after the dude. I honestly think everyone would be much happier with their light than they would be with the alternatives suggested here. Not saying he does or doesn't deserve that stuff, but you guys deserve your lights more.

Also, one a more serious note, you can expect anything you posted here on CPF to end up in court if that ever were to happen. Same goes for anything else you say online, anywhere.

Last edited:

IsaacL

Enlightened
I am one of the ones who has received a light from him lately. After filing a internet fraud case with the FBI(the first reply I got from him) he replied to a few random emails with "I will have you a tracking number in a few days", I filed a fraud case with the Mass. AG and I had a light within a week of doing that.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I think I will be helpful to those still trying to get a response.

hig789

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I agree, the dude deserves to be in jail but that wouldn't accomplish anything but truly screwing everyone out of their lights. Hopefully he will make good on the orders.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Yeah I agree, the dude deserves to be in jail but that wouldn't accomplish anything but truly screwing everyone out of their lights. Hopefully he will make good on the orders.

hig789, I edited out a flaming comments by you in one of your previous posts. Please do not continue in this vein.

Members, this is turning into a jeers thread, in the wrong Forum. Please continue comments in a civil manner, or this thread will be closed.

Bill

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
After a 20 month wait my light should be here tomorrow, a Ti Tri EDC. I got an email from Chris saying he was truly sorry about what happened and never meant to screw anybody out of their money and he will make good on all of the outstanding orders. The tone of the email seemed quite sincere to me and my guess is that even though the wait has been substantial, Chris will ship your light eventually. I know there are some bitter people out there waiting for their light but I hope this news helps take the sting out of it a little bit.

IsaacL

Enlightened
Good news sir! Does anyone know if p73rs and CMAG have received their lights?

Nutdip

Newly Enlightened
Seems that Mac is back! :)

After a 3 year wait, I too got an email a few days ago from Chris telling me that he could ship me a Tri-EDC Friday. I have not received tracking info yet, but I am hopeful and happy to see others getting their lights.

Good luck to all.

Latest posts