Anyone here starting to get bored with cree lights?

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
+1 woodrow..I guess when the new "vulcan F-18" emitter hits the market everyone will put away their Crees and Seouls and wonder how they got by with such inefficent lights! My Luxeon-based lights work just fine and I don't mind the shorter runtimes. My Cree lights are great, but so are my old Luxeons..

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate to admit this but I am kind of starting to. All I want now is a Cree headlamp (or two) and then when Streamlight finally comes out with a 4AA Cree Propoly then I will pick one up asap! I already have a Fenix L1DCE/L2DCE, P2DCE, Jetbeam C-LE, and a Rexlight. With all of those I have pretty much all the cree mania I could want for the moment.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
There will be some great CREE lights to come by Surefire and Novatac for sure;
but the next buzz will be Rebels in a few weeks/months.

What I'm looking for is multi core,
have Inova put Rebels in the X5 and give it a 2-stage tactical switch...:cool:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
No.

I only have two at this time, and neither one pleases me with beam quality.

I have two DX Cree modules inbound and hopefully the beam quality will be up there with the brightness.

And I have an SSc light inbound to see what that's all about.

Not too say that there is a damn thing wrong with Luxeons now...

WhatMACHI

Newly Enlightened
I dont even have a cree yet im scared to buy. My greatest fear, buying something that will be outdone significantly by something else. Its not to say that the older models will become obsolete, but if they are outperformed then boo to that:(

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
I was thinking the same thing about my new T3 too. I was researching all the new cree lights deciding which ones i was going to end up spending $150 bucks on, but then i just decided I have good flashlights for now (my t3) and ill wait for whatevercomes next. Maybe inova will make one?
I really dont care that i dont have the fancy new CREE anymore.
Though I do have a 3 cell mag i do want to play around with.

Are there any people out there who modify lights as a service? Like i mail them a light and they upgrade it and i pay them and they send it back?

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am just bored. I have 2 lights for every place I need a light and a bunch left over. I don't need a Cree light to go to the bathroom or raid the fridge. If I need more light I just flick the switch on the main room light.

Last 2 purchases for myself were Terralux TLE-1F and Tectite LPR-3 drop-ins both luxeon I.
Got some 10440 and charger. Turned my L0D-CE into a new light.
Got a 3xCree household bulb. Darn thing runs hot. I like LED household bulbs because they run cool. Sigh.

The L0D-CE makes an impressive gift. I gave away 2 in the last month.

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not bored with Cree lights. Just getting more into the fixed lighting side of it.
I want to light my home with them once we can get the tints right.

Flymo

Newly Enlightened
I feel the same and I think that a CREE bulb is not always better than the original (factory) Luxeon bulb.
If I see the pictures on this forum from Cree lights, I see practically allways that Cree's has less spilbeam, than the original bulb.
The only advantage (in most cases) is a intenser hotspot.
That is maybe the reason, why Surefire etc. don't have Cree lights (yet).....:thinking:

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
My question would be: for those bored with Crees & Seouls, what - in the world of flashlights - still excites you? Luxes? Green lasers? ...or does bored with Crees mean bored with light emitting toys?

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm only bored with the cheap Chinese lights. I'm anxiously awaiting the release of HDS or Surefire versions of their Cree light. My U60, L4 and EL1 are still my favorite lights and the Cree versions will be even better.

I agree. I can't wait for solid feelihg tactical switches, and feeling that if it falls 4 or 5 feet to the ground, it will still work. I do not think 2x123a all metal is the toughest configuration of light, no matter who makes it, but I am looking forward to the new L5.

davenlei

Newly Enlightened
Although not really bored with Cree, I have started to go down the path of HID. I am in trouble....

steve_vance

Enlightened
Just a question, but is anyone here getting bored with cree lights? I feel dumb even asking the question... because a few months ago I stated that, "If it was not a Cree led - it really did not even matter." I feel foolish for saying that now.

I started buying them at the beginning of the year and now have a LP D-mini and M3, as and a Ultrafire C2. They are decent lights, and very bright, but buying one is kind of like buying any other of them. (not counting McGizmo's and other mods of course)

I saw the post about the new Streamlight siidewinder and got intrigued, The Inova 2AA bolt looks good too. I heard there may be a Brightstar Lighthawk Led lantern that should be pretty cool as well. I looked on Pelican's site and their new glow in the dark flashlights look pretty neat as well.

So keep all the reviews and threads coming about new and cool lights. I even stopped mocking my new Inova T3 and took it out of the drawer and started to use it and admire its fit-finish-toughness that none of my cree lights can match. So I look forward to new great lights with cree leds, but they are not going to be the only ones I am looking at and hopefully buying. Do any of you feel the same way?

Yeah, but I have a boring life, anyway:
>I'm bored with my Mini-Cooper. It only has a top speed of 140 mph, and only gets 33 m.p.g.
>I'm bore with my Comcast digital Cable: it only has 400 channels
>I'm bored with my Benchmade knives: they only use CPM-S30V steel

get the point? :nana:

bald1

Enlightened
Hell I not only haven't added a Cree, I still am swimming with too many torches :(

I remain very satisfied with my modified Tigerlight, Lionheart HA3, Surefire G2Z, Pila-Surefire E2/L4/M2/E2c/Z57, modified Longbows, and the great basic Inova X5T-HA. My other torches aren't seeing any use.

--Bob

Confederate

Enlightened
Just a question, but is anyone here getting bored with cree lights?
Nope, what bores me is that Surefire is still pretending that the Cree LED is only a passing fad and that the world will soon flock back to using Xenon inandescents.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope, what bores me is that Surefire is still pretending that the Cree LED is only a passing fad and that the world will soon flock back to using Xenon inandescents.
SureFire isn't preteding s.hit. The serious flashlight users of the world have never traded incandescents for LEDs. Don't be sad though, SureFire does produce LED lights for the kiddies too.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, but I have a boring life, anyway:
>I'm bored with my Mini-Cooper. It only has a top speed of 140 mph, and only gets 33 m.p.g.
>I'm bore with my Comcast digital Cable: it only has 400 channels
>I'm bored with my Benchmade knives: they only use CPM-S30V steel

get the point? :nana:
I can understand why you're bored with Comcast. None of Comcast's HD channels are any good.