Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
So now that the incredible new updated Ti. 005 has launched, when will we get an update on what's expected next for the Cool Fall brand?
Wasn't there talk of a single celled light to come later the year?
:popcorn: :poke:

Zandar

Enlightened
So now that the incredible new updated Ti. 005 has launched, when will we get an update on what's expected next for the Cool Fall brand?
DaFABRICATA, Up next is supposed to be the last of the TRI-V line, a refinement of the current V3, with all new emitters. After that the picture gets pretty murky. Data has talked about and elicited interest in a 2 beam light, with both a flood and a reflector head for some time. He has also stated that although a smaller SPY based on a one cell design is an interesting idea, performance limitations are a big problem with current battery technology and at this point he has no interest in leaving the two cell format.

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

There are three things coming. One, the Tri-V ver 3B, is the version 3 but with the latest emitters. The second, is a mule version of the 007 Sapphire. The third is a new SPY.

However, there is still no movement on a single cell light. I can not call such a thing a SPY and for now, I only make SPY lights. I do have sketches of other SPY designs I want to share with you all after I get out from under this heavy work load.

And don't think I am ignoring your other new thread, I'm not, I will be posting a "positive" response to that topic very soon.

There have been a flurry of off topic projects ongoing that I need to post details about soon too:
* the Cave is ready for a third "Eastern Tech Gathering" this spring.
* a titanium anodizing tank
* a high powered Peltier can cooler (just for fun)
* a SPY display case & safe
* a new makerbot SPY

Cheers
Dave

nowtaps

Newly Enlightened
Wow, a mule version? I'm looking forward to that! Will there be any changes made to exterior, or are you going to be using the same head?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, a mule version? I'm looking forward to that! Will there be any changes made to exterior, or are you going to be using the same head?

It has a shorter head than the 007 Sapphire head and it looks different. Other than that all the options available for the 007 Sapphire are the same as for the 007 Mule.

I have the light prototyped it works great. In fact my wife stole it and has had it for a few weeks now.

The price is the same as for a 007 Sapphire. I will just add this option to the 007 Sapphire sales thread.

I need to post a video of it.

Cheers
Dave

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the update, Dave! :thumbsup:
I keep checking back here to see if any news has been released.
VERY excited to see the results of the topics you mentioned! :popcorn:

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
I'm still dying to see the "double agent", my name for the spy with both a reflector and a mule combination...

Dave, I'll allow you to use my name for the light in exchange for a small discount when I purchase my own "double agent" [emoji28][emoji102][emoji1]

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
couple of updates:

First, the Tri-V version 3B is almost ready for release. All the parts are complete and final assembly has started. As suggested before, there is only one version of the Tri-V this time around. It is an ultra version with the stone wash gunner grip. That was by far the most popular configuration of the Tri-V version 3. So I am making this the only configuration save one, there is also a machine finish still available. This "B" version is identical to the Tri-V version 3 except for the emitters. The version 3B has an XP-L-Hi 6500K spot emitter, an XP-G3 5000K reflector emitter and a hi CRI XP-L2 warm ~3000K emitter in the flood. The new emitters are wonderful as you all already know from seeing them in other lights. Of course, internally there are new MCPCB's that match these emitters. The programming has not changed but the max levels are adjusted slightly for the new mixing with the various updated forward voltages of these emitters. I have a couple of lights that do not come with the Vault battery cap. These will come with an AOH holster in place of the Vault. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. This sale is still a few weeks off. It it will be different in that the lights are all pre assembled and so they will be ready to ship.

Second, please look for my new threads on the 4000W can cooler project. I am aiming for a record here with this thing. It is just for fun.

Third (I know I said a couple), I have a spinnertop that I am working on. Yes you read correctly, it is a spinner and a top that is modeled directly after one I made as a kid back in the early 70's. This is also just for fun but I will make them for people if there turns out to be any interest.

Have a great weekend folks.

Cheers
Dave

PS, IF the DA is in the works but still many months off. And there will be another single emitter SPY with new styling before that light comes out.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Folks,

I want to give you all a quick heads up. The new Tri-V version 3B's are ready to ship.

This time around I have them all built, assembled, completed and tested. There is no waiting. They are all of the Ultra configuration and all have the new emitters.

The only option is the finish; either "Stone Washed GunnerGrip" or "Machine Finish". Both are at the same price of $4595. They look identical to the Tri-V version 3 except the StoneWash is the new deeper process seen on the latest 007/005.

The spot emitter is the Cree XP-L-Hi 6500K
The reflector emitter is the Cree XP-G3 5000K
The flood emitter is the Cree XP-L2 2700K hi CRI of 80 andthe highest V2 bin

I am working to get some pictures of them this weekend and will post them with a sales thread next week. However, you can email me now if you want to reserve one or ask any questions.

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

cclin

Newly Enlightened
May I ask why you choose Cree XP-L2 2700K 80CRI V2 bin not XP-L2 4000k 80CRI V3 bin?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
May I ask why you choose Cree XP-L2 2700K 80CRI V2 bin not XP-L2 4000k 80CRI V3 bin?

The Tri-V is a lot about variable color temperature. It lets you create an environment like using a neutral reflector flashlight (5000K) around a powerful campfire (2700K). Over the last 10 years I have sold Tri-V lights with a neutral flood and they are fine but this combination is something special to me. Additionally a Tri-V can light up a room and celling while tail standing on the table in several different color temperatures depending on what you desire.

Thank you for your question.

Cheers
Dave