Armytek Dobermann (XP-L HI) review, anyone? Where are reviews on Armytek lights?

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone seen the new Armtek Doberman using XHP35 High Intensity LED. 1600 lumens and it throws. Now that's quite some punch for this size.

Lux and Lumens :)

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
With 1600 lumens, I don't know how it could handle the heat. My DP HI gets really hot....

I don't think it can handle that heat; not without added heatsink and better firmware.

It's suppose to throw 500m

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
It seems we were typing at the same time. Wow, I really hope freezing doesn't break batteries. I've been using mine in cold temps.

If that happened with 1 cell, It could be a bad one but two on two.... now that I know, I'll take precautions if I have to leave a flashlight in my car.

However, these two batteries are working in my P12GT and MH20.

Last edited:

Aldiggi

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone seen the new Armtek Doberman using XHP35 High Intensity LED. 1600 lumens and it throws. Now that's quite some punch for this size.

I certainly did!!! Going to be interesting how all these manufacturers will implement these new LEDs. The new Wizard will be my next Armytek. 2000 lumens!!!

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
I certainly did!!! Going to be interesting how all these manufacturers will implement these new LEDs. The new Wizard will be my next Armytek. 2000 lumens!!!

No, you said the Barracuda...
Next light will be the Baracuda with that new LED

For the Wizard, you will need and icepack between the lamp and your head. [emoji12]

Last edited:

Aldiggi

Newly Enlightened

For the Wizard, you will need and icepack between the lamp and your head. [emoji12]

Haha yes I did. I am trying to control myself!!!!!![emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Both then!!!

Aldiggi

Newly Enlightened
Zebra light is due to launch their new lights with this LED as well.

gyzmo2002

Enlightened

The specifications of armitek for this lamp will certainly be close to 1000m and 200 000cd ...they are always on target lol [emoji12]

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder whether that's real meters or "Armytek meters," like the Predator LE's 540 meter rating.

I agree that some of Armytek throw claims appear to be a little high end. I can only assume their lux numbers are due to using a standard lux meter. This could be artificially inflating the numbers.

I believe Armytek should be using an NIST calibrated lux meter.

I am not familiar with the XHP35 HI, so their claims for the new Dobermann maybe well founded on this occasion.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast

That ice pack won't last long :nana:

Only messing; it's temperature controlled.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep but where all that heat goes? I will not try my Doberman Pro or Predator on my head...ensured burn.

Hopefully the temperature control kicks in quickly. Maybe a 10 - 30 second burst of 1600 Lumens?

Aldiggi

Newly Enlightened
Using the DP for work and PP coming home. Form factor of the DP is perfect.

Aldiggi

Newly Enlightened
Will test the DP with a fully charged Fenix ARB l2s 3400mah. Hopefully I will not run into issues like the old JetBeam battery did.

Aldiggi

Newly Enlightened
What a relief. Popped in my Fenix battery and she fired right up. So happy.

Aldiggi

Newly Enlightened
144160de3309c8dc2f8429efa12a2eac.jpg

For the size..... This baby throws!!!