Bay Area get together for television program

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
They just aired this show again on national geographic HD on Saturday night. I dvr-ed. So far I have only had time to skim through it but I did stop when I saw Mag's being modded and a short bit with Jim Hodges, whose handle I don't know. Cool, I can't wait to watch it all :) I didn't realize it was such an old progam though.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw Mag's being modded and a short bit with Jim Hodges, whose handle I don't know. Cool, I can't wait to watch it all :) I didn't realize it was such an old progam though.
That celebrity goes by JimH here on CPF.

Old?!?, it was only two years ago we did the show. :)

Burgess

Flashaholic
If possible, please let us know sometime

before it is scheduled to be shown again.

Thank you.

_

Edwood

Enlightened
Really wish there was an HD version available.

-Ed

Last edited:

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember seeing this program a couple of times back when it was first released, unfortunately National Geographic doesn't seem to air it anymore, as I'm always keeping an eye out for it to no avail. I have been trying to locate it online to view for quite sometime now but I unfortunately can't find it anywhere, and I don't believe that national geographic offers the DVD for sale. Does anyone know where I can view the episode at?

In regards to what other's have said throughout this thread, the show certainly did have it's shortcomings, however, in light of that, I was still thankful that a TV show was produced to showcase the history behind flashlights, nobody else has ever done so before. As stated many times throughout this thread, I was quite shocked to hear Mr. George Craford, who according to the program, has been studying LED's for more than 30 years, make such a claim as to LED's not generating any heat, even the most casual and new to the hobby flashaholic know's that is completely false. A quick google search brings up many different pages on Mr. Craford and his "expertise" in LED's, he can be seen in this video clip at 2 minutes 45 seconds here. The wealth of information on him in regards to lumileds and the technology advancing makes me scratch my head even more as to why he gave the information he did:thinking:

But regardless of that, if someone could please point me in the right direction so that I can view this program again, it would be greatly appreciated.

Norm

Retired Administrator
At the time certain members distributed copies, I would have to go searching for mine, perhaps a member who is better at filing than me could help you out.
Norm

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure I still have a copy.

Ebow86, PM me your address and I'll make a copy and send it to you.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like someone should upload it somewhere, Youtube?
Norm

That sounds like a great idea Norm, except that Nat Geo would probably rip it off youtube in no time. From what I understand these large producers/company's hire people to browse sites like youtube and seek out copyrighted material and threaten the uploader with criminal copyright charges if he/she doesn't take it off.