Beam Shots of my V54 Torches-LGK20 V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ven

Flashaholic
:mecry:thats not a nice sight, sorry to hear and see roberto. That LED appears to be very sensitive, have read a few failing too easy. I am sure the film is put there by the manufacturer to cover that solder/joint when made. I have seen it before, might even have been a convoy.

wolfstyle

Enlightened
The orange film looks like Kapton tape. Probably to keep the electrical connection from shorting out on the reflector.

Capolini

Banned
Exchanged my L2vn for a K60vn!:thumbsup:

There is probably more to like than the initial thoughts[b/4 getting the K60vn] below:

Wise and expedient decision on my part!

-Love control rings,,,way better UI than forward clicky!!!

-Bigger light, better heat sinking-less heat.

-Bigger head/reflector more defined hot spot

-Only 500 less lumen and 65Kcd more

-Has a holster

-K60vn Will NOT be top heavy like the L6vn. That light only weighed 7 grams more than my TK75vn and felt like a pound heavier because it was TOP HEAVY!

I am sure I will like it,,,fits the gap I did Not have of a high lumen light w/ a sufficient amount of throw.
1f44d
1f60e
1f60e
1f44d

Capolini

Banned

CAPO'S NEW ROTAION-EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY

With the edition of the K60vn I had to re-organize and extend my rotation to Eight[8] nights instead of Seven[7] nights!
:D I had to move K40vn to SECONDARY status! However, each light gets 30 plus minutes on the trail. I always start off with the SECONDARY LIGHTS.

I bring One PRIMARY light a night and up to Two SECONDARY lights a night.

PRIMARY:********** SECONDARY:***** ALTERNATES:

1.TK75vn***********1.TK35vn********1.TN31mb

2.TN42vn***********2.M2Xvn*********2.SL2Cvn

3.K60vn************3.TX25C2vn

4.TK61vn***********4.SDMiniVN

5.TK75vn***********5.U21vn

6.TN42vn***********6.K40vn

7.K60vn

8.TK61vn

:hitit::hitit::hitit::D:D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool::cool:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool thread! I'm loving the pictures of your lights in action on your trails. :) Always cool to see people still using the TK75vnkt, my farthest throwing light so far still. Thanks for sharing!

Capolini

Banned
Both Beam shots tonight-TK75vn KT-PERKIOMEN TRAIL*****Curve in trail is ~ 100 yards away

TK75vn_9.25.2017.jpg

:thumbsup: *************************:D *****************************:kewlpics:
TK75vn_.2.9.25.2017.jpg

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice shots! A familiar sight on an unfamiliar trail for me! :)

Capolini

Banned
Just a note here for the Beam shots on the Power Pole. ALL of those lights were used for 30 minutes before the beam shot. I would say 80% of that time was on turbo. The reason being it is NOT completely dark yet when I start my hike and I always use my Secondary lights first.

I doubt if there would have a been a noticeable difference w/ the eye.These lights maintain MAX output for 45 to 55 minutes.

Capolini

Banned
Thanks for that last shot. I have a TN42vn on the way!

Your welcome.You will like it..Neutral or CW?

I have the K60vn coming Friday w/ my custom design for his engraving where he will use his creativity and craftsmanship to display it beautifully on my torch!

I do wish my camera was better so I could take beam shots from my water tower and Cell Tower targets. 1500 yards and 1800[over 1 mile] yards respectively.I think it would have to be a very expensive camera to do that.I have tested my TK61vn V4 and numerous other torches at these spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.