Bike Light mounts

marshan2

Newly Enlightened
Okay I've made a triple cree achesalot light and it's really good I even found an old light (Specialized) that had a screw on base plate, that I could salvage and put on my new light. It was the only bit I really struggled with, the LEDs, optics etc were just a matter of choosing from all the suppliers often mentioned on this site.

There are a few brackets around as shown in the other bike mounts thread

1. http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=2080 ( bar mount w/QR)

but has anyone come across a supplier of nice simple brackets and QR base plates, I would quite like to make a few more lights if I could source a good bracket.

Pinter

Newly Enlightened
I am using a bracket and spacer that Cateye HL-1500 is using.
H-24 and H-34 types.

http://www.cateye.com/store/parts.php?cid=2_20

You can order these spare parts at your local bike store.

Only a few lights have distinct spacer (the part that is attached to the light itself). Most new lights have the spacer integrated with the light body.

Low_Rider

Newly Enlightened
I have used the Cateye H-24, and more recently the Lupine mount, both with success.

The Lupine is quite pricey, but it's a much better mount for my needs.

Dave.

msxtr

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I too use the cateye H24 for my lights and works perfectly, very secure and easy of install.

Greetings - Saludos

msxtr

marshan2

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys the H 24 looks like just the right clamp and bracket for me. Does anybody want a light I'm going into production!

Tidra

Enlightened
I think LUPINE mount it THE ULTIMATE No. ONE, but with a price that makes you go :eek:

Never the less I use it on my bike light,… and I'll use it again with a new design.

Cheers,
Iztok

moon lander

Enlightened
cateye terminology

just to be sure before i order one, does the cateye h-24 bracket include the QR plate? are they calling the QR plate a spacer? hard to tell from the picture. if so i think its the one for me. also, does that QR plate work on all of their brackets?

HEY HEY ITS HENDO

Enlightened
65-large-t.jpg
Bracket & Spacer (H-24)

Description:

Model: 533-8598

this is the one you need .........

Shadoxhurst

Newly Enlightened
I have used the quick release bracket form Exposure which comes as standard with the new lights .. but the good thing here is that it is also available as a retro fit to the old lights and this means that you get both the bit that goes on the bike and the bit that goes on the light and you only need a m6 nut and bolt to fit it.
http://www.use1.com/exposure/support/qr_bracket_explained.php
incidently it is the most expensive part of my 2 x ssc p4 light ;)