BRIGHTEST FLASHLIGHTS 2018

donlong

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

What's the consensus on the Brightest Production Flashlights of 2018 by category?(no custom lights)

I wrote this article, but I need expert opinions. I'm trying to keep it reliable and accurate. Thoughts, Critiques

I listed them in order as follows:

1. Full sized: Immalent Dx80 @ 32000 lumens
2. Medium: AceBeam X80 @ 25000 lumens
3. Tactical: Acebeam L30 @ 4000 lumens
4. Small: Emisar D4 XP-L Hi @ 4300 lumens
5. Mini: Mini MK II @ 1020 lumens.

Check out the article tell me if you think its accurate. Feedback would be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

donlong

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, How much does it put out and what size would you categorize it as?

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the Lux RC Minion is a 1x18350 flashlight. In triple XPL configuration it claims to output 2500 lumens. That output sounds reasonable for a triple-emitter light on an Aspire 18350 cell.

That said, for the 1x18350 size category, an Emisar D4 with XPL Hi emitters and the optional 18350 tube would still be brighter.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thankyou Fireclaw18 that is very helpful.

Even though it's an 18350, the Minion is actually even smaller than the Mini MK. II. So I don't know if you're going off of actual size or battery type, but yeah Minion smokes the Mini MK. II on a size to output ratio. I still love my Mini MK. II tho! ;)

donlong

Newly Enlightened
Even though it's an 18350, the Minion is actually even smaller than the Mini MK. II. So I don't know if you're going off of actual size or battery type, but yeah Minion smokes the Mini MK. II on a size to output ratio. I still love my Mini MK. II tho! ;)
Thanks for the advice on the Minion. Would you say the minion is a custom/boutique flashlight? I'm compiling the list based on volume produced flashlights. I love the Minion, but it appears to have a very limited availability. What's your thoughts?
-Don

donlong

Newly Enlightened
Thanks search_and_rescue, I'll do my best to keep the article updated for you.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the advice on the Minion. Would you say the minion is a custom/boutique flashlight? I'm compiling the list based on volume produced flashlights. I love the Minion, but it appears to have a very limited availability. What's your thoughts?
-Don

You're right, the Minion is more of a custom lol. You get to choose your LEDs/specs and it's not exactly mass produced.