Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

IMG_5653.JPG

One of those already-cooked chickens and some frozen vegetables makes a wonderful, easy meal.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Didn't have a new flashlight or radio to take a picture of, so I got one of my wife's more photogenic recent dinners. It's peas and potatoes surrounding a black bean burger (actually pretty tasty), and a salad on the side that I made.

Geoff

Dinner.jpg

Poppy

Flashaholic
Our sons decided to try a new recipe - Baked Chicken & Spaghetti casserole.

View attachment 59857
I'm glad to see that the boys are still cooking.

I meant to pick up a brick of Velveeta cheese food today to make some kind of casserole, but I bought a pound of fresh scallops instead, and forgot the cheese.

I am hoping that Velveeta doesn't bother my daughter as much as real dairy products do.

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
Easter dinner started with a couple of dips and crackers,
followed by Bacon wrapped scallops as an appetizer.
And then ham, carrots, cauliflower with cream sauce, and sweet corn casserole.

1711995971089.png
1711996005718.png

The line at the bakery to get the Easter Bread, was out the door.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Tonight's dinner was Poppy's version of Eggplant Parm.

Here is the first layer of eggplant (there will be two layers) including sauce and cheese.
Then there is a layer of breaded fried Vidalia onion rings.
Finally covered with thinly sliced tomatoes, sprinkled with Pecorino Romano and a little fresh basil.

I usually use Ricotta cheese spiced with salt and pepper, some granulated garlic, oregano, and nutmeg.

The Ricotta in the fridge was two weeks overdue, so I tossed it. Instead, I used cottage cheese. My Mom preferred to use cottage cheese. Well, mine had chunks of pineapple in it. I decided not to adulterate it with all the other spices, and just give it a go.

So again here's the first layer.

1712011165813.png

Here it is ready to go into the air fryer oven.
1712011996001.png

And 12 minutes later...
1712012107133.png

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I've been eating a small salad of spring mix with shredded carrots and sunflower seeds before dinner lately. I end up eating about half of the supper I prepare after.

Baby kale, baby spinach and some romaine lettuce mixed together makes a mighty fine 5:00 snack. Some days when I mix in a chicken tender or some shrimp I don't even want supper.

I've been eating a small salad of spring mix with shredded carrots and sunflower seeds before dinner lately. I end up eating about half of the supper I prepare after.

Baby kale, baby spinach and some romaine lettuce mixed together makes a mighty fine 5:00 snack. Some days when I mix in a chicken tender or some shrimp I don't even want supper.
Are you getting in shape for skateboard season? Seems like a great plan. 👍 👍