Capolini's TOP 10 "Modded" Trail Lights!

Capolini

Banned
You know Roberto, life can throw all kinds of stuff at us, good........bad.......ugly.........but hey, reading for the 2nd time your post, i thought the same thing. That is simply what a great problem to have in this world today:)

What i would do, simply just get a few cells(does not matter what light from) and use the light carrier as a test rig. Try out a few different brands, see which just sits right and order 4 of. Or better still, a matching 4 that will fit snug, swap over with the 30Q cells. Button tops should help out ~2mm, this should make the difference from flat top loose, button top secure.

The soshine iirc are pany B inside, those will light up that xhp35 HI nicely in the tn42vn, it is not asking a lot and maybe a way of prolonging retirement. If they can cope with capo on his walk, still have some left in the tank for emergencies. If they rest at 3.3v or 3.5v is neither here or there as they can cope. Just an example.........
:)

lol! I agree with your measuring method! that is what I did. I got several cells whose measurements I knew and then measured them again w/ my sophisticated mm ruler! For the most part they matched up very well.then I tested them in the battery carrier.

I have lots of choices!

1. Keep the FT 30Q's in the light.

2. Get some BT Protected GA'S AGAIN!

3.Get some BT 30Q from Mt. Elec. [I am :laughing: as I am writing this]!

4.Use my 2 year old KP 3400 protected that are in my TK61!!

5.Use my 2.5 year old Unprotected BT NCR 18650 3400's! ​EDIT:: this is out because my K40vn is only 3 cells!

6.Soshine are too old!

7.Analyze all this while I am on the trail tonight w/ Capo!

I have this pet peeve I guess you can say. I have separate batteries for ALL my flashights! I have several 3 X 18650 and 4 X 18650 lights,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I could have used the same set for a few lights! But noooo ,,each light has to have their own batteries!!!:shakehead:crackup:

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Thing is, your unlikely to go out with the tk61vn and tn42vn at the same time after your recent testing(presumption and one should never presume!). So just swap cells over for when you use the tn42vn. Even if you just pay $8 per cell, its a saving of $32 of which imho no need to spend. Look at it that you are getting even more value out of the cells purchased. After all they have a shelf life(so to speak). Then maybe later on in the year, maybe the year after next when they get tired, replace for some all singing/dancing latest hybrid beasts:D..............not that the light needs them, i just got carried away;)

Capolini

Banned
Thing is, your unlikely to go out with the tk61vn and tn42vn at the same time after your recent testing(presumption and one should never presume!). So just swap cells over for when you use the tn42vn. Even if you just pay $8 per cell, its a saving of $32 of which imho no need to spend. Look at it that you are getting even more value out of the cells purchased. After all they have a shelf life(so to speak). Then maybe later on in the year, maybe the year after next when they get tired, replace for some all singing/dancing latest hybrid beasts:D..............not that the light needs them, i just got carried away;)

Except for testing[last night] they will NOT be going out together,,1 primary light and One or Two secondary light per evening!

Good thinking VEN.............That is what I am going to do! Why spend money when I do not need to. I will have Fresh 30Q down the road for my TK75vn and when the KP's wear out I just get 4 more GA'S!

You win an ALL expense paid trip to historic Philadelphia Pa and its suburbs,,ALL those expenses will be paid by you!!! lol!!!!!!!!!! VENS REACTION :sigh:

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing: your on!

Would love to go on a walk with you and capo, armed with some v54 amo:cool: After all, i want to hit that water tower:D

Capolini

Banned
Happy birthday Cap! :party:

Impressive lineup of throwers you have... as I expected !

Thanks for the early Birthday wish Steve.:D

Did not expect you to remember when I posted on the SDminivn thread last June that Vinh gave me this light for my Birthday[June 4th],,,,,,going to be Heinz 57 this year!:sweat:

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
For what it is worth, Mtn Elec. has Sony CTV6's button tops back in stock. I just ordered 10 for $8.30 a piece. I like the 30Q's too, but for an extra buck a cell it is worth it to me to have a few of the best high drain & decent capacity battery out there. As far as buying more batteries than I REALLY need, I like to have a couple of extra sets of four and a few extra singles charged up and ready to go so they are ready in a pinch. I started out trying to go minimal on the number of cells I have, but considering the $$$ I have put into flashlights and chargers over the last year (not near as much as some of you guys though), it is more than worth it to me to always have extra cells charged up and ready to go.

Last fall a buddy shot a bear with his bow and it was a less than perfect hit. I volunteered to help with the dicey task of tracking a big bear at night. I was OK, but I would have felt better if I would have had a couple more sets of fully charged cells ready to go. There is no better time to have a wall of light in front of you that when you are tracking a wounded bear.