• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Catalog of Discontinued Surefire Flashlights

Size15's

Flashaholic
8N looks like 9N but only center bulb.
Do you have any photos of this model please? I don't recall ever having heard of it
I always though it was internet confusion (tpyo) due to there being the 8X, 8AX & 8NX.
I've seen people refer to their 8NX as '8N'...

Last edited:

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan, when you say "smooth bezel," do you mean without the fine vertical (axial) lines?

The C2 used to come with 2 flats and third rounded side. It was and still is a C2.

I have one of those...#A00279. Came in a plastic clamshell pack.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Dan, when you say "smooth bezel," do you mean without the fine vertical (axial) lines?
Because there have been a few versions of the 'standard' bezel before the familiar current version with it's hexagonal anti-roll feature, I don't feel the difference is significant enough to count older versions of the 6P (for example) as discontinued because they aren't distinct models.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be impressive to include pictures of all these discontinued models. Perhaps with a short blurb about each. Then it would be a catalog :)

Regards,
Tempest

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because there have been a few versions of the 'standard' bezel before the familiar current version with it's hexagonal anti-roll feature, I don't feel the difference is significant enough to count older versions of the 6P (for example) as discontinued because they aren't distinct models.

Fair enough. Trying to figure out what Dan's looking for pictures of. I have a black 3P and an original "gunmetal" 6P (much lighter than current ano) but IIRC both have the vertical grip cuts. I think my 6Z originally had a perfectly smooth bezel. These are all from the '90s, well before the hex bezel with Pyrex window.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a black 3P and an original "gunmetal" 6P (much lighter than current ano) but IIRC both have the vertical grip cuts. I think my 6Z originally had a perfectly smooth bezel. These are all from the '90s, well before the hex bezel with Pyrex window.

All of my Laser Products 3P, 6P and 9P lights have those "vertical cuts", but none of my 6Zs or 7Zs do - they're all smooth.

Regards,
Tempest

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I've started to put the list under headings...

Wow, OP updated! Also great would be the date range a given model was available (ie, 1994-2002)

There must be dozens :green:

Understood

It would be impressive to include pictures of all these discontinued models. Perhaps with a short blurb about each. Then it would be a catalog :)

Yup, models by family, date range, plus example photos of each

Fair enough. Trying to figure out what Dan's looking for pictures of.

If you have a good color image of any of these models in the standard color, please post or PM me a link.

For easy comparisons, I would like roughly the following sizes:

600 pixels wide - 1 cell (3P, etc)
700 pixels wide - 2 cell (6P, etc)
800 pixels wide - 3 cell (9P, etc)

example 2 cell

2a61079.jpg

example 3 cell

2nuq73d.jpg

The 1996 catalog features plenty of them!

I have a scanner (and maybe a camera) but no catalog. Perhaps we can do one volunteer at a time.

All of my Laser Products 3P, 6P and 9P lights have those "vertical cuts", but none of my 6Zs or 7Zs do - they're all smooth.

That matches what I've seen. P's have bezel grip, Z's do not.

Last edited:

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sure-fire 6 I believe predated the 6C, unless we are talking about the same thing.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I suppose that other variants, if they had specific model numbers would count as discontinued even if they were limited editions or only a batch made?

I'm thinking the the "-PP" aka Porcupines
L2-PP (both versions)
A2-PP
L6-PP
U2-PP (both versions)

And the Camo Jungle versions of the C2 and E2e (C2-CJ, E2e-CJ)...

I think though this over-complicates matters given we have a Rare SureFires thread already?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
HPIM0515-2-1-1.jpg

EG,

Here's a picture of the discontinued 918FA that AL left off the list. The fact that all their 9-Volt shotgun lights were discontinued at once (not just one model), makes it pretty significant. I still have people ask me where they can get one...

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I think though this over-complicates matters given we have a Rare SureFires thread already?

I'm inclined to agree, but I'm also willing to give it a try. I'll add a special edition section. Did the winelights offer more than just a special color?

Size15's

Flashaholic
HPIM0515-2-1-1.jpg

EG,

Here's a picture of the discontinued 918FA that AL left off the list. The fact that all their 9-Volt shotgun lights were discontinued at once (not just one model), makes it pretty significant. I still have people ask me where they can get one...
If they are all discontinued then why single that one version of the 918 out?
It's the more recent version with the LM90 Lamp Module rather than the Classic L90 it superseded.
I didn't include that specific model because there are so many WeaponLight variations that even to summarise the ones SureFire has formally discontinued is a daunting task. I just don't see the benefit of cobbling together a list unless it is going to be comprehensive, structured and accurate.

Latest posts