• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Catalog of Discontinued Surefire Flashlights

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they are all discontinued then why single that one version of the 918 out?
It's the more recent version with the LM90 Lamp Module rather than the Classic L90 it superseded.
I didn't include that specific model because there are so many WeaponLight variations that even to summarise the ones SureFire has formally discontinued is a daunting task. I just don't see the benefit of cobbling together a list unless it is going to be comprehensive, structured and accurate.

Include it if ya want op...it's yer thread. I think their 9V Shotgun lights (which-ever model, pick one...), should be included...there significantly different and a unique piece of SF history...and have been discontinued. I've seen several threads in CPF asking about these lights and wondering where to get them and what they're for, etc.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have series for handguns listed, can we do the same with these? Did/do they come in series, 623, etc.?

Basically

9= 9-Volt
1= Shotgun Weapon Light
X= Weapon Model (Remington 870/Remington 1100/Mossberg 500/Benelli/Win. Defender)

FG/FGA were just the switching options...

So I think it would be safe to label it as/under a generic heading

e.g. "9 Volt Shot-Gun Weaponlights (91x-Series)"

???

Size15's

Flashaholic
Basically

9= 9-Volt
1= Shotgun Weapon Light
X= Weapon Model (Remington 870/Remington 1100/Mossberg 500/Benelli/Win. Defender)

FG/FGA were just the switching options...

So I think it would be safe to label it as/under a generic heading

e.g. "9 Volt Shot-Gun Weaponlights (91x-Series)"

???
That is taking a more logical approach, except that "91x" is not fully inclusive of all SureFire's Shotgun Forend WeaponLights - it would need to include "92x" and "93x" - the other two thirds of SureFire's shotgun forend offerings

SureFire made the following key Shotgun Forend WeaponLight Housings:
H16 - Benelli M1 Super 90 S/N below M104801
H17 - Benelli M1 Super 90 S/N above M104801
H18 - Remington 870
H20 - Remington 1100 and 11-87
H21 - Mossberg 500/590 w/ 14" barrel
H22 - Mossberg 500
H23 - Mossberg 590
H24 - Ithaca 37, 87
H26 - Mossberg 3000 & Smith & Wesson 3000
H36 - Winchester 1300 Defender

Of course there were some with switching options "TF" and "TG", and "S", and "F" and "FA" as well as the "FG" and "FGA"

It's important to be specific and refer to these discontinued models in the context of the Shotgun Forend WeaponLights because SureFire's Classic WeaponLight Matrix allows for the potential to have L90's on Classic rifle WeaponLights and Classic handgun WeaponLights, some of which use 91x, 92x and 93x format...

Last edited:

ejot

Enlightened
I'm inclined to agree, but I'm also willing to give it a try. I'll add a special edition section. Did the winelights offer more than just a special color?
I also think the special editions are not really in the spirit of the original idea. But since the section is there, didn't the Strider M2 and Emerson C2 have their own model numbers?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
except that "91x" is not fully inclusive

Nor was it intended to be...hope yer thread turns out good OP! If any more discontinued models come to mind, I'll let ya know. A "limited run/special edition" section would be nice...there's a difference (only enthusiats would be able to tell) between "rare" and "Limited run/special edition". A purple A2 would be rare, where as the C2-CJ, Remington C2-BK, or Strider M2 would be "Limited Run/Special Edition" i.e. a difference in only 10 made (rare) to only 500 being made (limited run/special edition) is the difference between the two. IMHO...:grin2:

Last edited:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the special/limited editions are going to be included, then I would definitely draw the line at the Emerson/Taurus/etc models. If you start including them, then you would have to include a huge number of SureFires that are identical to regular production models save for their engravings.

I think such models are quite distinct from the limited editions using a different colour or design, for example.

Regards,
Tempest

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the special/limited editions are going to be included, then I would definitely draw the line at the Emerson/Taurus/etc models. If you start including them, then you would have to include a huge number of SureFires that are identical to regular production models save for their engravings.

I think such models are quite distinct from the limited editions using a different colour or design, for example.

Regards,
Tempest

Just one's like the wine light, 6P Patriot, C2-CJ, E2e-CJ??? That would be easiest and most viable in keeping with the intent of the thread.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just one's like the wine light, 6P Patriot, C2-CJ, E2e-CJ??? That would be easiest and most viable in keeping with the intent of the thread.

That's what I would suggest. Perhaps limited to models that were generally available at retail, rather than the oddities that were only produced in very small numbers or only sold through a specific dealer (purple A2...).

Regards,
Tempest

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
That's what I would suggest. Perhaps limited to models that were generally available at retail, rather than the oddities that were only produced in very small numbers or only sold through a specific dealer (purple A2...)

You mean like the one in your avatar? :poke:;)

I like that for #4:

4) having model numbers and generally available at retail