• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Catalog of Discontinued Surefire Flashlights

Size15's

Flashaholic
The KL2 was the first LED bezel for the Millennium Series M3.

The KL1 was made for both the E1e and E2e.

I was going to post some things I spotted myself such as the E1e-BK having the Z61 instead of the black HA version of the Z52... and my suspicion that the C2-HA shown is actually an early M2 (based on the low serial number and the anodising).

But getting 100% accurate photos is going to be a real challenge and it is interesting to see the photo side of things develop

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Edit - see posts below. Al was (no shock) correct, as usual!

Good corrections - question on the C2. If it were in fact an early M2, should it have had a shock-isolated bezel? This one didn't and I think the package said C2, but I can check. (curious/puzzled only)

The KL2 was the first LED bezel for the Millennium Series M3.

The KL1 was made for both the E1e and E2e.

I was going to post some things I spotted myself such as the E1e-BK having the Z61 instead of the black HA version of the Z52... and my suspicion that the C2-HA shown is actually an early M2 (based on the low serial number and the anodising).

But getting 100% accurate photos is going to be a real challenge and it is interesting to see the photo side of things develop

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
My first M2 didn't. It was a C2 with the additional P61.
I was one of the those who helped PK field-test and refine the design of what was to become the M2's shock isolated bezel.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
HAH!!!

You were RIGHT! :D Not that I doubted that... ;)

I just dug out the card that came in the clamshell package for that C2 and sure enough, waaaay up in the corener in reeeeally small print it says "Model M2 Mil-Spec Personal Defense Light.

So...Dan, my son has a real C2. I'll shoot that to you in the day or so.

Al, thanks, that's cool - thanks and best rgds!

My first M2 didn't. It was a C2 with the additional P61.
I was one of the those who helped PK field-test and refine the design of what was to become the M2's shock isolated bezel.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Dan, I uploaded RH and LH pics of a true C2 this morning, if you want to sub them for the M2 that I thought was a C2.

Thanks Dude. I like the original photo, like tracing when two species split out of a single 'parent' species, it marks the development of both modern M2 and C2's. I've updated its description.

The original so labeled C2 then, looks just like the current C2 (body, bezel, and tailcap). But I'm wondering if the next version of the M2 included the old style shock bezel or if it was not introduced until the new/current M2 bezel arrived.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'm not sure if its already been mentioned but the 6Z photographed appears to have a Z41 LOTC rather than a Classic (original) non-LOTC...

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure if its already been mentioned but the 6Z photographed appears to have a Z41 LOTC rather than a Classic (original) non-LOTC...

Sharp eyes, you are correct. That light has been EDC for more than a decade and has had, IIRC, three bezezls and three tailcaps. All three (six) were damaged in accidents while being used and were (tada) replaced by SureFire under warranty - so I don't have the original. I borrowed the bezel from another light. It's a miracle the body tube has survived.

Note that this is the "long" tube - there was a "short" version that I think (???) was more common.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Dude. I like the original photo, like tracing when two species split out of a single 'parent' species, it marks the development of both modern M2 and C2's. I've updated its description.

The original so labeled C2 then, looks just like the current C2 (body, bezel, and tailcap). But I'm wondering if the next version of the M2 included the old style shock bezel or if it was not introduced until the new/current M2 bezel arrived.

I have no idea! :D If you ignore the three vs. four flats issue, and the markings, what's the difference between an M2 (at least as we commonly think of it) and a C2? Just the shock isolated bezel, no???

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a pic of a round body L2 if ya need it EG. I think it would be neat to have one thread to go to to see all the older SF's (even the different variants). We get enough of them, this thread could become a sticky and legendary in it's own right...

HPIM0485.jpg

HPIM0484.jpg

Size15's

Flashaholic
You mean the 2nd version of the 2nd generation KL3 right?

Re: L2 - the original L2 had a shorter bezel, and flat body panels, and a TailCap with the channels on each side of the knurling (which had to be replaced with the one shown because it wasn't functioning reliably on production bodies)

All the different versions make things extremely complex.
It would be helpful to have a "SureFire Product Generations/Evolution" thread, with photographs to help line up all these ducks into neat rows.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes - that's the version I was trying to describe above. When I bought mine (which is the one pictured at the top of the thread) at the S&W Academy in '99 or '98 they had both for sale. I liked the way the one with the longer thin section handled better. I *think* that the one you've got pictured there was the original version.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
:bumpit:

Just wanted to send in the best pics I could take of my just-arrived late-model D3 for the OP.

SFD3007.jpg

SFD3011.jpg

Let's get some more good SF pics, it would be cool to fill out the 'discontinued' list in post #1.

Last edited:

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
I didn't see a picture of this one, so I thought I'd make some.
I think it's a 9ZT, but I'm not too sure on the name. Have on with a regular body (9p) as well, that one's called 9PT.

sf01.jpg

sf02.jpg

Those 3" turboheads are really cool IMO, make for a nice looking light.

Chadder

Enlightened
After reviewing this thread yesterday I stopped by Basspro at lunch to grab a couple of things. I decided to pick up a couple of new mn03's for my E2O and E2E. I noticed that on the shelf they still had three MNO2 25lumen bulbs. They did have a lot of dust on them but was surprised knowing they were discontinued. Are these usually hard to find?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
After reviewing this thread yesterday I stopped by Basspro at lunch to grab a couple of things. I decided to pick up a couple of new mn03's for my E2O and E2E. I noticed that on the shelf they still had three MNO2 25lumen bulbs. They did have a lot of dust on them but was surprised knowing they were discontinued. Are these usually hard to find?

They were, until SF added them back to there website. I think they double thoguht that one, and have since decided to kepp them. Great bulb...most useful 25 lumen incan lamp there is (stock anyways). 2.5 hours solid runtime in a tank!

Chadder

Enlightened
I still have the original mn02 that came in my E2o. I keep it in my spares carrier. I figure it would be very useful when I need longer run time. So if the MN02 is no longer discontinued should that be reflected in the first post?