Cheap Olights on eBay - Are they legit?

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm happy to report that this seller can be trusted. Just received 3 well packaged Olights in the mail.

SR Mini: paid £26
M3X: paid £12
M18: paid £7

Plus free shipping from Hong Kong!

That's what I call a bargain :thumbsup:

awsome deal man ! you must have been one of the first on the scene :)

ven

Flashaholic
Congrats x-ray,nice to have a bargain now and then but 3 bargains:eek::cool: well done :thumbsup:

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
gd to hear the gd news ! im waiting on a M20SX L2 and I3 £23.

BrightLignt

Newly Enlightened
I'm happy to report that this seller can be trusted. Just received 3 well packaged Olights in the mail.

SR Mini: paid £26
M3X: paid £12
M18: paid £7

Plus free shipping from Hong Kong!

That's what I call a bargain :thumbsup:
Screaming deals right there. I can't seem to find anything close when searching now for the mini or m18.

jupello

Enlightened
Today I received Olight S10 that I ordered from him. The package was registered, but he did not provide me with the tracking number.
I'm still waiting for two other shipments.

And nice deals you got there x-ray, I paid almost twice as much for my SR Mini (and haven't even received it yet).

Last edited:

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just recieved my two lights, well packaged, happy man :)

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally received my SR 51 Intimidator-the jury is still out if it is counterfit or not. The light just doesn't feel right, too lightweight, no rectangle threads, although it said it did not come with the 18650 battery magazine, they included one. Tara from Olight is running the serial number for me & I will report back. It's weird, almost like there are 3 different companies under one name. I ordered a bluetooth speaker, got a written response to my email and was given a tracking number. Product arrived within specified shipping dates, product was as expected at a great price. Then some products are shipped from the US. Then the flashlight, no response to my first 4 emails, and although they advertised tracking, and indeed there is a tracking number, they refused to give it to me. After the anticipated delivery date passed, and I threatened to open a PayPal or eBay case, I got an email saying they were on holiday(for 3 weeks?), but then I was given a real tracking number. Now I have my light for less than $31 USD. If it is legit, I am OK. When I looked at other merchandise they will have the same flashlight priced for 1/2 what it should be and then also listed for twice as much as retail? Olight said they may just be buying from other dealers as different lights are taken out of production because then Olights price structure and policies don't apply. I will let you know what I hear back from Olight when they get the results of my serial number search back. I doubt I will do business with them again, but I will reserve final judgement till all the facts are in from Olight.

Last edited:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
To put a final note on This thread:
Tara from Olight has confirmed the light is indeed an Olight product(produced in China, with cheaper packaging, now discontinued-hence the low price). The eBay vendor is not an authorized Olight Dealer, so problems with defective products/warranty work could prove challenging. Thank You Tara at Olight!

nagod

Newly Enlightened
ordered 3 lights total. received the first.never got the second but got an ebay refund after arguing and appealing case that was decided on false information from them.still waiting on light #3.i will not take a chance on them again.

jupello

Enlightened
I bought 5 lights from him, first shipment was fine. Third shipment was just fine. The second shipment (containing 3 lights) is still missing.

I opened ebay case for the missing second shipment, and he added the tracking number of the third package (that I have received) to that case. I just hope ebay does not get fooled by the wrong tracking number.

japudjuha

Enlightened
I snagged a SR95S UT on auction for $130au. It has been just on 1 month with no sign of the package. I have emailed them numerous times, their only response was "we will resend it".
I have now escalated the case to challenge them.

BEWARE this seller!

lornranger

Newly Enlightened
I bought 5 lights from him, first shipment was fine. Third shipment was just fine. The second shipment (containing 3 lights) is still missing.

I opened ebay case for the missing second shipment, and he added the tracking number of the third package (that I have received) to that case. I just hope ebay does not get fooled by the wrong tracking number.

Well, I had a seller that attempted to fool paypal with a tracking number from other buyers. Paypal ruled in the seller's favor but credited me the amount anyway out of paypal's pocket (which is what I was told).

Good luck. I hope your track record with paypal is good (which was why paypal credited me the amount) and get credited (not refunded) the amount into your account.

radiopej

Enlightened
I'm trying them out. Perhaps we can post tracking numbers to see if any are the same. I figure that anybody bidding must be on here anyway.

Judging by their recent feedback I'm likely to get screwed.

candini

Newly Enlightened
I have two lights coming in from China (via Ebay). I guess if one of them turns out okay, I should be happy. :whistle:

BrightLignt

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone actually received one of the higher-end lights like SR95, SR95S, or X6 from this guy?

Bruno28

Enlightened
I got a:
- Sr52 for $89 ausd and
- R40 for $60,
they seem perfect. All was included in box and seems to be original when comparing to review pictures.
I also won a Sr mini for $78ausd :)

I sent Olight an email to confirm the serial numbers.

SO they were all about half price! But now that everyone know this, the bids will go way high!

BrightLignt

Newly Enlightened
On your SR52, is the USB port on the right side or left side if you are holding it with the switch up pointing away? It seems the production version has it on the left side so it doesn't bother your hand if you are right-handed while the ebay one is on the right. Minor issue. On the S20, they seem to be using the old white switch with the new XML2. These are the outward differences, but I can't speak to whether the internals have issues.