Cheap Olights on eBay - Are they legit?

Bruno28

Enlightened
On your SR52, is the USB port on the right side or left side if you are holding it with the switch up pointing away? It seems the production version has it on the left side so it doesn't bother your hand if you are right-handed while the ebay one is on the right. Minor issue. On the S20, they seem to be using the old white switch with the new XML2. These are the outward differences, but I can't speak to whether the internals have issues.

On my sr52 the USB connector is on the right when light pointing front and switch upwards.
So its a pre production?

Last edited:

jupello

Enlightened
Ebay refunded the money I spent for those 3 lights that never arrived. It was quite annoying process, but in the end I did not lose any money for it. :)

Bruno28

Enlightened
Ebay refunded the money I spent for those 3 lights that never arrived. It was quite annoying process, but in the end I did not lose any money for it. :)

How did you get your money back so fast? I did a dispute for another item and it ends up going to PayPal. It been 4 weeks and nothing about money back. Not even any updates on the dispute.

Zorzi

Newly Enlightened
I just saw this thread and was very concerned with what I read here. I bought some Olight lights from this seller and so far only one arrived (an M18 Maverick). The seller sent me tracking numbers for all lights I bought (all in auctions) after I requested them. The M18 looks alright, although this is my first real quality light after the LedLensers. I opened cases for each not arrived light, just to stay on the safe side, as the estimated delivery times expired almost 1 month ago. I will let you know if I receive the rest of the lights. Cheers!!

jupello

Enlightened
How did you get your money back so fast? I did a dispute for another item and it ends up going to PayPal. It been 4 weeks and nothing about money back. Not even any updates on the dispute.

Oh, there was lots of waiting, but once I had waited for long enough (for items and replies) to escalate the ebay case, the decision came pretty fast.

I didn't even know ebay could forward the case to paypal like that. Maybe paypal is waiting for the seller to respond and give their side of the story.. and that might take forever.

jupello

Enlightened
I just saw this thread and was very concerned with what I read here. I bought some Olight lights from this seller and so far only one arrived (an M18 Maverick). The seller sent me tracking numbers for all lights I bought (all in auctions) after I requested them. The M18 looks alright, although this is my first real quality light after the LedLensers. I opened cases for each not arrived light, just to stay on the safe side, as the estimated delivery times expired almost 1 month ago. I will let you know if I receive the rest of the lights. Cheers!!

Well, according to the feedback he's getting, most of the lights do seem to make it to the customers. He does have too optimistic delivery estimates, but 1 month over that does sound bad. Doesn't the tracking numbers show anything useful? Have you checked the local packet tracking system with those numbers?

Zorzi

Newly Enlightened
Well, according to the feedback he's getting, most of the lights do seem to make it to the customers. He does have too optimistic delivery estimates, but 1 month over that does sound bad. Doesn't the tracking numbers show anything useful? Have you checked the local packet tracking system with those numbers?
Hi Jupello, to be fair, the brazilian post and customs clearance are very slow. The tracking numbers show the packages are already in Brazil with them for more than one month. The problem is that there is a due time for opening a case in ebay, so whenever I feel there is a reasonable risk of receiving something wrong (fake or pre-production, as it was supposed in this thread), I open a case to get covered when the item finally is delivered. I really hope I will receive decent, true Olight lights, as the M18 I already received. Let's see... Thanks!!

candini

Newly Enlightened
I am now one for two. My Cree light arrived today and is pretty bad. It comes on if you shake it and goes off when it wants. Also changes functions when it wants or when I move it. I let seller know but with all the negative feedback, I figure all he has to say is send it back to China which will cost much more then the $8 light. Funny, all the lights we buy are from China but when you get a cheap light and it may last a few months at most. I wonder how they do quality control on the good ones that sell?

BrightLignt

Newly Enlightened
My only issue is with the more expensive lights like SR95, SR95S, and X6. I have ordered a couple of these and the tracking has not activated yet (it's been 2 weeks) whereas the tracking activated on the other lights within a week. I messaged him and he has not replied.

kj2

Flashaholic
My only issue is with the more expensive lights like SR95, SR95S, and X6. I have ordered a couple of these and the tracking has not activated yet (it's been 2 weeks) whereas the tracking activated on the other lights within a week. I messaged him and he has not replied.
How was the rating of this seller? any good?

japudjuha

Enlightened
I won an auction for an Olight SR-95S UT on 7th June, there was no action from the seller whatsoever. That is until I escalated my claim through paypal. It only then got posted and I received it today in good order.

My advice, avoid this seller. They are dishonest, and only sent my torch after they were confronted by paypal due to non-delivery.
(FYI my DHL tracking number was 1396583285)

If you do buy from them, keep track of their "item posted" date. My Olight only took 2 days to arrive from Hong Kong to Australia.
If it is taking too long, open a claim with paypal. That's the only way I got my torch.

Last edited:

radiopej

Enlightened
I received my Olight T25 and i3S today. Much faster than I expected. The box for the T25 was broken and the i3S didn't come with a battery as it usually does, but considering they were both much less than half price, I don't care. Both items work perfectly fine.

Now I'm waiting on 2 more i3Ss, an M10 and M20SX-L2 which I ordered a short while after this one. Excited! :)

xed888

Enlightened

any updates? imhaving the same issue

japudjuha

Enlightened
Depending on how long it has been, open a case with PayPal. From memory there are two levels, the first is a dispute ( from memory) and then no2 is a full non-delivery claim.
It seems that it takes making a claim to let them know not to screw with you. It worked for me

Bruno28

Enlightened
I have got 2 lights from them that arrived. 2 Weeks ago I got another 3, still to arrive.
I was confirmed by Olight that they are original products.

I think the ebay seller did that just to make "us" aware of their ebay store even though they were at a loss initially, as there has not been any more bidding listings for the last 2 weeks.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
... so who else is regretting not grabbing an X6 Marauder for $80? :(

80 bucks?! Wait whuut..
If it's the real thing and ships without any problem, then you have yourself a bargain. Question is: which charging-plug is it shipped with?