• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CLOSED. Muyshondt Aeon Mk III and Maus MkI passaround! CLOSED

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Re: Muyshondt Aeon Mk III and Maus MkI passaround!

Where can those unfamiliar with these go to find specs, prices, warranty info and all that jazz?
Where can they be purchased?

Robe

Enlightened

PM on the way if the list is still open.

scout24

Flashaholic

Mr. Fixer- There are active sales threads for both lights in the Marketplace under Titanium and Custom Metal lights. Most of the info is in there, if not, a trip to Enrique's website is in order. Purchasing is done on the website. https://shop.muyshondt.net should get you there.

Robe- My apologies for the late reply, the list is open and you've been added.

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Thanks Scout.

Major nice products. Definitely on my radar screen... if any are still available at that point. I'm diggin' that Mk III Aeon.

Has a retro appeal to this collector.

scout24

Flashaholic

So, Mk2rocco, you about ready to ship those off to Run4jc? :) Been a little quiet here, figured I'd bump the thread.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Shipped out today!

Received the package today! Having owned a titanium Muyshondt MKIII since Enrique introduced it, I was already familiar with the Aeon...so I decided not to waste any time writing my impressions. I'll hang on to the lights for a few days then send them on their way to Str8stroke. Thoughts:

When you look at the box it hits you like eye candy – packaging just screams quality. In this age of blister packs and cheap lights, it's refreshing to receive a package like this. Definitely an intangible, but I applaud Enrique for going that extra mile.

Quality. These little lights (both the Maus and the Aeon III exude extreme quality and attention to detail. I've owned one of the titanium Aeon MKIIIs since Enrique first introduced them, and I'm pleased at how nice the aluminum version is. If you want an Aeon or Maus and don't want to pony up the price of titanium, no worries. You won't be disappointed by the aluminum versions. This pass around may end up costing me the price of a desert tan aluminum Maus!
The threads. "Butter smooth" is close to describing the feel when activating Maus. I have large hands and suffer a bit of arthritis in my thumb joints, but I still am able to operate the Maus with just one hand. With it attached to a key ring (to give more to hold) it would be even easier.

The beam. You gotta see it to believe it. I've loved the beam of my Aeon MKIII since day one. You don't really care about the output level – it's just so smooth, natural and easy on the eyes. It's very neutral – Scout24 often refers to a "lack of tint"…a very slight rosy impression that gives colors a smooth, natural look. The Maus has the exact same tint and a beautiful, artifact-free beam shape.

Let's face it – in this world of 3000 lumen pop can lights – of Asian lights (that are quite good) that are under $100 and offer ridiculous output ratings – it's nice to put hands on a product that is just good, old fashioned quality. A product that reflects the artistry and care of the producer.

If you are worried about lumen output per $$ for your lights, look elsewhere. If you want to own as high quality a light with one of the best beams that reflects true craftsmanship, then you might want to take a look.

Well done, Enrique. Well done.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Light went out today priority with insurance today - Str8stroke will have it by the 17th...

Thanks scout24 and Enrique for doing this and including me!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks run4jc for the great coms and quick ship. Lights arrived safely. They look & feel great. Pics coming soon.

They are smaller than I thought. Here is a neat size reference pic for everyone. Next to a Titan & a Back Up.
4BB15C88-DEB5-4F45-95F5-588C69D6514F_zpsz9ojpyme.jpg

3670EBFF-44E1-4EEC-9F26-612C8CD96CED_zpshcir4q8x.jpg

Cool "M" logo on the clip
11A156B3-96C2-4618-A57F-A7DE06FC5209_zpsafquhwrw.jpg

Kinda neat button.
276A9FDE-E540-4339-8B7C-46C328E070C4_zpsaqfptwsz.jpg

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic

A good video, some sweet photos, and nice comments. Keep 'em coming folks!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Reserved for Str8's impressions:
Both have to dream for beams and tints.
Aeon:
So far I like the size, build quality is impressive. What I am not liking is the mode spacing. Is it programmable? It always comes on Low and the spacing to Medium isn't far enough for me. In simple terms, it is hard to tell if it is on Low or Medium.

Maus: I took the Spy off my necklace and threw on the Maus. I like it. I find the two output levels work great for me. Fit and finish is outstanding. I like how the keyring attachment can fold into the base. This makes it where you can tail stand it. Kinda neat.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am sadly ready to ship them off to the next lucky recipient. I will update my post above with some impressions as soon as I have time. I am a little busy. I already sent Scout a PM. But incase he is tied up, I figured I would post here just to keep everyone posted.

scout24

Flashaholic

Luxlunatic is up next! Shoot him a PM, I'll forward you contact info.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Awesome pass folks. Lights got dropped off at PO during lunch today. Can't post long thoughts tonight. I am on my phone. My MacBook is going crazy with CPF for some reason.
Catch y'all later. Thanks Scout!!

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lights received today!

First impressions, the packaging is great although I am a bit mixed on good packaging, especially when it comes to a custom item. Certain packaging can give a custom a more "commercial" or massed produced feel.
I remember the first light that I bought that was in the realm of a custom and that was a ARC LS-HP some 10+ years ago. I paid, what I felt at the time, was a hefty price for a flashlight and it came in a small zipper pouch. I kinda thought "what the heck?" but I then I thought that was cool and added mystique to a low volume product and save all financial resources for the better of the final product. But I digress, the packaging here is really cool and maintains a customish vibe with the art work. Quality materials as well with nice texture.
As for the lights, I will start with the AEON (MKIII).
I have had a number of Muyshondt creations over the years and bought my first about 9 years ago which was a ION in Ti. Always been quite fond of the ION with its floody beam and economical "fuel economy" (long runtime). Which says a lot with me since I tend to prefer a pocket rocket, fuel economy be damned! So me liking the ION speaks of the quality that is engineered and built into Muyshondt lights. Have a AEON and AEON MKII as well as a few Nautili and to see the evolution of his lights over the years and each round is more and more finely tuned in emmiter selection, light engine, overall design and machining and these latest additions are a next step in that tradition.
The AEON MKIII is just slightly longer than the previous AEONs and ION and that is to accommodate the addition of a clicky switch which I was not sure if I would like over the traditional twisty but it feels and works great. The 3 levels are spaced nicely and compared to the AEON MKII, the beams are a bit different with the MKII being slightly more floody and a bit more throw in the new MKIII.
The machining is quite nice, with all of the machining grooves sanded out prior to anodizing and no sharp edges. Speaking of the anodizing, it is also top notch as well as the knurling, smooth but grippy.
The clip I was mixed on as well weather I would like or not on a light this small but it works quite well. The pinch is tight and the pinch point is not on the knurling which is peeve of mine since when the clip pinch is at knurling, it will wreck havoc over time with whatever you clip it to.
I like as well that the Muyshodt moniker and other markings on the light are engraved and not printed, giving a more stealthy look.
Overall, awesome light and nice next step in the evolution of the AEON line.

I will reflect all of the same opinions from the MKIII with the Maus, excellent light all around, and the blue anodize is beautiful! Since I do not have another N_Cell light, I do not anything to compare it to.
The closet is a Tain Ottovino 10280 but unfair since it uses a Lith Ion battery.

Well, it is about to get dark here so I will do some testing and add anything here that I feel is worth noting.

Thank you for doing this pass around!!:twothumbs

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm glad to see that you all have been enjoying the Aeon and Maus. A follow on passaround with a Flieger will likely be in order come January. :)

luxlunatic: I appreciate your thoughts. Relating to packaging, it is something that is important to me. The CR2 Ion from 2006 came in a plastic bag with instructions, much like you noted your Arc LS did. It was my first light, and over the years I've tried to make progressive improvements in this regard. The Aeon Mk. I/II were sent out in custom made "lipstick tubes" (and because of this moniker that packaging will never be used again :p), which was a marked improvement over previous lights. The Mako and Spinner were sent out in heat sealed mylar packs, where I started first using the art deco styling you see now on my products, and now the Aeon and Maus use fully customized packaging that is at last starting to be more representative of both the torch contained inside, as well as the overall presentation I've wanted to do and have been building up to for years. Like the lights themselves, all of the artwork and box designs are completely custom and I've spent a lot of effort in trying to get every detail on them right.

I hope you enjoy the lights while they're in your service for the next few days, and thanks to everyone who has so far posted their thoughts. I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of you think when the lights arrive to you, and if you ever need anything please don't hesitate to drop me a line at [email protected].

Enrique

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would love to get in on this pass around, if still possible! I have not owned a muyshondt light yet, but I am very interested in the Aeon MkIII!

scout24

Flashaholic

K2- Shoot me a PM with the info requested in the first post, I'll put you on the list... 👍

Latest posts