• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CLOSED. Muyshondt Aeon Mk III and Maus MkI passaround! CLOSED

Renegadethreads

Newly Enlightened
Re: Muyshondt Aeon Mk III and Maus MkI passaround!

Got the lights in good condition from Luxlunatic. Thanks!

Might be the weekend before I can play and take pics. Company is going through acquisition and I'm up to bat for everything this week.

Last edited:

Robe

Enlightened

These should arrive today. I'm super excited to take a peek, and so grateful for the opportunity. Can't wait to get these in hand, even for just a little while!

Robe

Enlightened

It's been a busy day! Opened these up with the kids.

99f93d8921807ca4ed7d8c2085910f2c.jpg

bb05ca1375b0f3c9bb36211e0f21fed4.jpg

b93e56aa8070e02402b0064b9e71e837.jpg

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Aeon Mk III and Maus Mk I arrived safe and sound! I'll try and post some comparison pictures and thoughts in the next few days!

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is there still room in this passaround? I've never done one before but I'd like to see these lights if possible.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Has anyone yet found a quality rechargeable cell that fits comfortably into the Maus? I'd like to add an aluminum Maus to my Muyshondt collection.

One of my concerns with alkaline batteries is that it bothers me that I never know how much life remains. Maybe someone can give me a clue about that. :)

scout24

Flashaholic

Emarkd- You're in. K2-bk-bl-rd will ship to you next. I'll update my list.

Wimmer21- The N cell rechargable from TnC products/ Ogaz has been hit and miss with diameter, they might be willing to mic a few and send you the smaller ones they test. Worth asking. As a plus, they also have an AAA charging adapter for sale.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wimmer21- The N cell rechargable from TnC products/ Ogaz has been hit and miss with diameter, they might be willing to mic a few and send you the smaller ones they test. Worth asking. As a plus, they also have an AAA charging adapter for sale.

Thanks Scout! I've sent an email request to TnC and am awaiting their response.

EDIT: Chris contacted me... "This is the Diameter of the batteries I have in stock: 0.463" – 0.467". The smaller diameter is without the sticker label and the larger dia is with the sticker label."

The info he sent didn't help any because it's my understanding that, even with the sticker removed, some are too large for the Maus. So I suppose I'll just go ahead and order a couple and hope for the best. lol

Last edited:

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thoughts:
Sweet little lights! While I probably won't own either one, (anytime soon) I loved the opportunity to try them out! The Maus Mk I, was probably my favorite! The threads are super smooth, the build and tint are fantastic, and it's plenty bright for a backup/keychain light. The Aeon Mk III, was a lot brighter on high, but I was having trouble seeing a noticeable difference in output from low, to medium. Again, amazing craftsmanship! (especially on a light so small) In the end though, I was having trouble using the click-on button and clip as I normally would, because of the super small size of the light! I find that the slim size and slightly longer length, of a AAA light work better for me. Top notch lights for sure!

Thanks to Scout24 and Enrique, for making this opportunity possible!

Last edited:

firstlighting

Newly Enlightened

Is it too late for me to geg in on this?

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast

The lights have made it to Georgia! The Aeon went straight into my "watch" pocket. Its a great size. I've only had them a couple of minutes so I'll reserve most of my impressions after a bit of time, but I wanted to update the group on their progress.

Mobileschoney

Newly Enlightened

Hi, same question as firstlightning, any chance the passaround is still open?
Thanks!

scout24

Flashaholic

Mobileschoney- Please send me the full contact info from the first post, I'll put you on the list.

Emarkd- PM sent.

Firstlighting- Nothing personal, but passarounds such as these are usually reserved for members who have been here a while, with an on-forum reputation. Keep posting and contributing, and see when the next one comes around! :twothumbs