• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CLOSED. Muyshondt Aeon Mk III and Maus MkI passaround! CLOSED

scout24

Flashaholic
Re: Muyshondt Aeon Mk III and Maus MkI passaround!

Mobileschoney and Nicrod- Thanks for handling the particulars of shipping these. I got your PM's, things have been very busy at Casa Scout the last few days. When you have a tracking number, please pass it along! Thankk you...

Nicrod

Flashaholic

Mobileschoney and Nicrod- Thanks for handling the particulars of shipping these. I got your PM's, things have been very busy at Casa Scout the last few days. When you have a tracking number, please pass it along! Thankk you...

No worries scout. We got you!

I recieved tracking from Mobileschoney. Ill PM you Now

Nick

Nicrod

Flashaholic

The package just landed at my house. Thanks Mobileschoney for the awesome Comms.

Mobileschoney

Newly Enlightened

My pleasure, enjoy those little beauties!

Nicrod

Flashaholic

Okay so here's the photo showing the arrival of Enrique's lights.
And I will post some more later in the week, as well as give my thoughts on them. So far I've ditched all my other lights I normally carry. And I'm only relying on these two lights.

5d83eb75787267197adc74ccaa4d927c.jpg

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Muyshondt Aeon Mk III and Maus MkI passaround!

So after having the two MUYSHODNT lights for a full 7 days of EDC, here are my thoughts:

MAUS Mk I -

At first, while I was waiting for my turn with these, The Maus was the least anticipated. I really wanted to just see the Aeon.
I didnt think I would like the Maus all that much. From photos, it looks like just another twisty light. I mean It DOES look cool in all the photos, but this is one light
that really needs to be held in hand, and played with, to get a true feel for what the light is! Freakin sweet!

The Maus is TINY. And weighed nothing! Is perfectly at home on my key ring and was a treat to use. I think my favorite feature of the MAUS was the Pyramid shaped grip ring around the head.
They gave such a nice, secure grip to twist the light on and change modes. I thought the modes were near perfect for what the light was designed for...keychain.
I carried the Maus on my keyring all 7 days, and I didnt see NOT a single area of wear in the ANO from being on my keys. Im sure after a year, the wear would be visible, but thats to be expected.

I liked the rich Indigo color of the Maus, and will be my color of choice WHEN I order one of mine own. Thats right...after seeing the Maus in person, I must have one on my keys.
I most likley will only be able to get an aluminum version, But I am infatuated with the Titanium Maus Mk I , I feel like it would be the only keychain light I would need, and want to have with me.

So to sum up the Maus, It started as the least exciting and anticipated light and turned out to be a truly fantastic and exciting little keychain light. The packaging was as top notch quality as you can find. And the light was no different. Every aspect of detail was thought of.

AEON Mk III-

This was the light I was most excited to tryout. And starting with the packaging, It was such a fun event, looking thru the artwork cards, Then finding this tiny little light inside a little soft, drawstring bag, with the company logo on it. So cool.

I carried this light exclusivley for the week I had it. With the Maus on my keyring. I put all my other lights away, So i wouldnt be tempted to use them.

At first, the mode spacing for the Aeon was a disappointment. Specifically low to medium. I felt medium was spaced too close to low. The first time I turned it on, I couldnt tell a diffrence from low to medium. Now this was in my bright living room, with plenty of light pollution around. High mode was plenty bright, and is certainly a wow factor for this size light. the low mode was perfectly low for my
uses. I wished that medium was about 10-20 lumens brighter, OR that a 4th mode was available. Something right in between the current medium and high level.

I visited this antique store that I usually frequent. This place is dimly lit, and I usually use a flashlight the whole time Im looking around the place. It was a perfect setting to tryout the Aeon Mk III .
My findings were that, low and medium were not quite bright enough to see properly due to the light pollution there was. I had to switch the light to high mode to see, and while I had plenty of light from high mode, It was too much light, and I was burning thru a primary cell at maximum rate. This is where I wish a 4th mode of say 60 lumens would have been available.

But Enrique said that" the lights chosen modes will NOT PLEASE everyone. But are generally useful!" And I found just that! Its perfect for about 85% of my daily tasks. Which is reason enough to want to have it with me at all times. Now I found that in COMPLETE DARKNESS, the modes were nicely spaced. It was only in light polluted areas, that low and medium appreared to too similair.

I found the build to be of very high quality. The light is much smaller than you would expect, Its very small. Its very lightwieght. The clip was very nicely designed. and clip retention was very tight.
Tighter than I normally like, However I dont think I would change it. Wouldnt want to take any chances loosing a light like this. The beam was flawless. The tint was Gorgeous to my eyes. all these things are to be expected I think, coming from Enrique! So I enjoyed the Aeon MK III so much, that I already ordered one in copper. I dont think I would've done so without the pleasure of using one for a week. I want to thank Enrique and Greg(scout24) for making this happen. Seriously Thank you!! And I will be ordering a Maus MK I very soon as well. They are a couple of lights, I think every member on CPF should look into. Photos alone didnt do it for me tho, I had to hold these guys first hand. And now I want both.

Pics to follow showing size comparisons with a few well known lights.

a4b7490313ddfc75580f4660578a3d71.jpg

ea174da23f7cca09349d1aebc34c379d.jpg

cfb2940e7d6d93b4a4622e10b6d70f97.jpg

506e3c6873df4a9532650fc32fa2b2fa.jpg

I hope someone enjoyed my thoughts and images of the new lights from Muyshondt

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic

Thank you to all who posted here, participated, and shared your thoughts and photos. And thank you to Enrique, for providing the lights that are currently on their way back to him. :)

To be clear, the passaround is closed, but the thread is open for comments and pics...

Last edited:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast

Awww...Missed this one. I really wanted to handle a Maus before pulling the trigger (to examine the luminosity + flood pattern against a couple of mobile phones cam lights).

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast

I love the Maus! It's definitely one of the best keychain lights. It's quite Briton high, and the simple low-high is great for a twisty keychain light. I like the Aeon, but I felt the low and medium modes were too close, and the high was a big jump from medium. Other than that this would be a great light. Here are a few more pictures comparing their size.

What are the first and second lights pictured?

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast

What are the first and second lights pictured?
In the first picture the first light is a discontinued Foursevens ML Ti (last in picture two). The second light (first in picture two) is a discontinued Foursevens Preon 1 Ti. The second light in Picture two is the current Foursevens Preon 1 in copper.