CPF UK 2016 - THE NEW MEET UP THREAD

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Little help guys as I live less than an hour away.Day boat hire is available.

Our 32 foot (11m approx) narrow boat is now available for day hire. This is a perfect way for a family, group of friends or a corporate team to have their own private boat for the day. Self-steer only (don't worry, you can do it!), the boat accommodates up to 10 passengers. Comfortably fitted out, the boat has heating, hot and cold running water and a flushing toilet. There are gas rings for cooking and crockery & utensils are supplied. Steering tuition is given on arrival. Hiring the boat between 9:30 and 17:00 gives plenty of time for a leisurely cruise along the beautiful Llangollen Canal, and an unforgettable passage across the famous Aqueduct at Pontcysyllte. Your turn around point is the lift bridge after the Aqueduct - a round trip of about 10 miles. There is a folder on board detailing the pubs and restaurants along the way, together with their telephone numbers and menus should you wish to book ahead.
[h=3]Prices Boat Hire - Weekends & bank holidays - £180 per day.[/h][h=3]Boat Hire - Weekdays (excluding bank holidays) - £130 per day.[/h][h=3](£70 refundable cash deposit required on the day).[/h]You need to watch out to make sure your dates are spot on because of [h=3]Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod 5 – 10 July[/h]
They come from over the world for this so all hotel space is fully booked as are many camp sites.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for not replying sooner.
I'm up for whatever.
The weekend of the 24th is good for me.

Yes and then there was 5.

Friday 24th and Sat 25th of June it is!

1. BLUE LED - yes
2. remoteneeded - yes
3. Nyctophiliac - yes
4. petrev - yes
5. Tofty - Yes

Jay R - TBC
Subwoofer - TBC but unlikely (We hope he will)
Hemdale - TBC
mcnair55 - ???

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is excellent info, mcnair55 - are you going to come along too?

Please say yes!

I am not in good health at present and more or less immobile but improving all the time,if I am better yes I will pop along but treat my reply as only a slight possible.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for your reply and I'm glad that you are improving all the time.

hemdale

Newly Enlightened
Yes and then there was 5.

Friday 24th and Sat 25th of June it is!

1. BLUE LED - yes
2. remoteneeded - yes
3. Nyctophiliac - yes
4. petrev - yes
5. Tofty - Yes

Jay R - TBC
Subwoofer - TBC but unlikely (We hope he will)
Hemdale - TBC
mcnair55 - ???

Hi chaps,

Long time no see...

With a heavy heart (for various reasons) I won't be able to make it even though I would have LOVED to join you... :sigh:
Have fun and as always, let there be light ! :laughing::candle:

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam Mini-1's down to £11.50. Only 12 left at this price.
This is Jetbeams version of the CooYoo/Blackwater/MecArmy...etc... small USB charging 10180 size lights.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not in good health at present and more or less immobile but improving all the time,if I am better yes I will pop along but treat my reply as only a slight possible.

It would be great to see you, but health comes first, as always. I wish you a swift and firm recovery. If you feel up to a cup of tea in a cafe while we're up there, that is kind of the thing we love most to do. Just pile the torches onto the table in between the cups and saucers!

Hi chaps,

Long time no see...

With a heavy heart (for various reasons) I won't be able to make it even though I would have LOVED to join you... :sigh:
Have fun and as always, let there be light ! :laughing::candle:

Bruce, you will be missed - see you on the next one my friend.

Jetbeam Mini-1's down to £11.50. Only 12 left at this price.
This is Jetbeams version of the CooYoo/Blackwater/MecArmy...etc... small USB charging 10180 size lights.

Jay - why do you insist on operating my wallet by remote control?????

Nice snag!

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flash sale again
£11.49 - 54 Left - Now !
http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_279764.html

"Jay - why do you insist on operating my wallet by remote control?????"
:thumbsup:

A very good deal, but once you have two of these, why would you want more?

Unless you have an old Wild West style gunbelt, then you could store thirty of them in the bullet loops and keep your cheese and pickle sandwiches in the holster! (This is actually quite tempting!)

PapaLumen - you fancy a trip to Wales in June???

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless you have an old Wild West style gunbelt, then you could store thirty of them in the bullet loops and keep your cheese and pickle sandwiches in the holster! (This is actually quite tempting!)

Why did you have to say that? The idea is now so tempting I'm starting to work out how I'm going to do it. (the lights in bullet loops, not sandwiches in a holster).

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry Guys, I already did that a long time ago with a bullet belt and my AAAA size lights. Worked ok but looked really silly.

My Jetbeam Mini 1 turned up today. I always pay the extra $2 or so for the priority shipping from Gearbest and stuff takes a week usually.

It came in... interesting... packaging. I won't spoil the surprise for you.

A very good deal, but once you have two of these, why would you want more?
Ha! I missed the joke on the first reading of that. Very good Lee.

Last edited:

PapaLumen

Enlightened
PapaLumen - you fancy a trip to Wales in June???

Probably (hopefully) going to be in Spain most of June, thanks for the invite though, it sounds like it could be a great trip. I really need to sort myself out and attend one of these meets! Will let you know if it turns out I can make it.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK Çhaps, You have to book your pitches at the campsite - they do not encourage groups so book your own and we can meet up there.

I'll PM the details.

Weekend June 24, and 25.

Yippee.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
IT'S JUNE!!!

We are officially in the month of the next meet-up - Hooray!

My thoughts are beginning to turn to the first two-night CPF camping break. What to pack? How cold will it be in Llangollen at night in June? How close is the pub? Will it rain? Will my natural vertigo allow me to cross the Pontycyllte Aqueduct? Who is bringing a stove for tea coffee, rat packs etc?

I think I will pack light, complete change of clothes, Waterproof and fleecy, hat, spare shoes, towel, toothbrush, medical kit, first aid kit, inflatable Batman suit etc.

This is North Wales which is wetter and colder than the South of England - we will get rained on at sometime - guaranteed, it rains four days out of seven at that time of year. Average nighttime temperature in June is between 6 and 12 degrees, daytime is 13-19. Sleeping bag and blanket then, or a onesie! Bikini not needed.

The closest pub is in Llangollen (about a kilometre away).

remoteneeded is bringing a stove - I'll bring an Esky. and two chairs.

Torches? Oh yes, there will be torches.

Wait and see.

Last edited: