CPF UK 2016 - THE NEW MEET UP THREAD

remoteneeded

Newly Enlightened
Other than Lee, has anyone managed to book the campsite? I have phoned them, texted them and emailed them over three days but haven't got anywhere. Tempted to just book at another site just down the road.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perservere!

I booked after a couple of tries, so has petrev. Tofty is having a go today?

If all else fails you can sleep in the vestibule of my tent! (It's as big as the main 'room').

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perservere!

I booked after a couple of tries, so has petrev. Tofty is having a go today?

If all else fails you can sleep in the vestibule of my tent! (It's as big as the main 'room').

Ooooh !

He's got a vestibule !!!! Smart ;)

I sent a Text (Name, Dates, 1xPerson 1xTent and 1xCar)and just got a simple reply "Booked"

Seem to be pretty relaxed - No Debit cards or anything.

Should be fine.

Pete

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aha it looks like Petrev, Rob Cheetham (Orb), Jarl, Branny, Cdosrun, Paul the Dr from Australia and he's wife.

Petrev had some lovely large lights one had 2 large reflectors, another one had a voltage meter and the killer old incan mod was amazing. 1 of the lights was kept stock and the other blinded bunnies. I remember Lee going back Petrev to get the really big light.

Rob had bought along his Lummi Raw and Wee Q5 and informed us that the XR-E R2 will be coming out shortly and that he's future light will use this LED. We talked about dedoming XR-E and the implications involving this. There was a knock off Surefire that Jay bought which seemed to annoy Rob, lol.

Jarl who had previously bough a Raw was disappointed, as he had received a green tint. Rob seemed to think it was me complaining about a green tint, despite not purchased a light from him. Anyway it was quickly resolved.

Branny went to the Goodwood festival of speed earlier and generously handed out good quality holsters for everyone. I use this for one of my Surefire 6Ps. He also won the black Tiablo A9 XR-E Q5 thrower which come complete with a single 18650 cell. He also had a hotwire Mag powered by AW 14500 cells.

Cdosrun bought along the Dereelight DBS (LED King of throw of the day) and CL1H Q5.

Dr Paul from Australia with wife.
He really liked his Surefire 6P and M60 Malkoff combo along with his Sure E1B lego with Surefire e2d executive defender tailcap.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woah, that brings back memories!

Branny..dissappeared after this, never came to another one.

Can't remember if Jarl came to Hampstead or not? I can remember exchanging PM's about it.

Wasn't me with the SF knock off - I only had genuine SF, ARC, INOVA, PEAK, FENIX and a few of Rob's - Fliklite etc, Might have had a Raw by then.

Blueled - you waited in the pub for us at first didn't you? I had the bangers n mash.

I wish all our old meet up threads still existed, as they were all fantastic events. I think this one does though.

Here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?199781-UK-CPF-Meeting-in-South-Here-we-go!

Two weeks until Wales and CPF UK 2016 gets underway.

I have two chairs, one stove, a kettle and a frying pan.

I may even open up one of my 24hr rat packs and bring it along for a tasting!

Jay - come if you can - you are welcome. Us ten year CPF Veterans need to stick together!

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Due to bad communication on my part; I did not realise that the group had met in the car park earlier. Wish i had a little walk around, the torches would have stood out a mile :twak:

Still it was a really good meet to start things off. I liked Jays Fenix L0D Q4 using a single Li-ion cell. I bought a modded Fenix P3D Q5 aspheric. Surefire e1b Q5 driven at 1.2A and using a single AW 16340 protected cell. I almost fooled Paul until he opened it up. I think Jay liked my Jil Lite Eznite 10w HID (Baby HID with throw). My 24w Boxer HID seemed completely under powered by Petes powerful HID's.

I thought you had some coloured RAWs to do the light swirls?

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought you did because I wanted to buy the RAWs from Rob and you had some with you that you showed me. That convinced me to buy. I had already bought some XR-E Q5 6500k from Olight and supplied them to Rob for 2 RAWs.

Also don't you traditionally use the coloured RAWs to do long exposure pics for the CPF Meet.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Andrew (cdosrun) took a lot of light painting photos. I am 99.99% sure.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes he may have done, but none of them made it onto the original thread.

Paul's CPF handle was Grox, wasn't it? I remember depositing them back to the North London Middlesex training hospital at about Four am. I was more tired than was safe!!!!

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes Pauls CPF name is Grox and he had been on 5 CPF meets before coming to the UK.

I hope you had a good sleep the next day.

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, those lovely old hot-wire incans.

Next weeks weather as predicted now . . .

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also don't you traditionally use the coloured RAWs to do long exposure pics for the CPF Meet.

I think Jay is right, he had the colours first (I may have had a red Raw and a white, but only the others (Blue, Green, Amber) at a much later time. For the light painting I had a load of keyring lights with coloured leds.

Next weeks weather as predicted now . . .

Much as I thought, but still long range forecast. Finger's crossed the high pressure ridge makes its way over North Wales by then.

BTW - I can 'grill' crumpets and melt cheese on them with my cast iron griddle - haven't tried it with the camping gas stove yet as it hasn't arrived!!! But I'm optimistic.