CPF UK 2017 - AND IT'S ABOUT TIME.....

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
OFF TOPIC ....

Dark Matter just started again (Season 3)

:)

Parts 1&2 great again .... The saga continues

Pete

Last edited:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
OFF TOPIC ....

Dark Matter just started again (Season 3)

Parts 1&2 great again .... The saga continues

Pete

Still haven't seen any of this! Where do you find the time???

I'm still on LUCIFER, HELLBLAZER and PREACHER!

Plus working my way through the films of Alastair Sim!

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still haven't seen any of this! Where do you find the time???

I'm still on LUCIFER, HELLBLAZER and PREACHER!

Plus working my way through the films of Alastair Sim!

Ruptured disc at S1 - Constant pain ....
Finding the time ?

Just had a Root Nerve Block and Corticosteroid epidural so fingers crossed I get better soon ! Or it's operation time in the longer run ....

You must get a look at Legion - Brilliant - 60's Prisoner vibe !!!!!

Pete
Oh yes - Top of the Lake is great NZ Noir ! Worth a watch too !!

Last edited:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ruptured disc at S1 - Constant pain ....
Finding the time ?

Just had a Root Nerve Block and Corticosteroid epidural so fingers crossed I get better soon ! Or it's operation time in the longer run ....

You must get a look at Legion - Brilliant - 60's Prisoner vibe !!!!!

Pete
Oh yes - Top of the Lake is great NZ Noir ! Worth a watch too !!

That's steep, Pete.

Hope you mend soon!

I will look at Legion.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see the Brooklands Torchlight Tour is up for booking now.

Nov 15th - 18:00. Ninety mins tour including soup and a roll (!).

Adults £16

Any takers?

Any other torchlit events this year?

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lee, I was looking towards the Halloween special. The regular tour doesn't give you the dinner and doesn't last as long though this isn't clear looking at the hours stated.
Regular tour 6-9.30 Tour duration = 90 mins. Roll and soup included.
Halloween Special 6.30 to 9.30. Tour duration 2 hours. Dinner and desert included.

The price and booking for the Special isn't posted yet but I'm keeping an eye on it. Neither of them are on a weekend night. Tues for Halloween, Wednesday for regular tour.
Which would people want to go for ?

arKmm

Enlightened
Apologies, not meet related but I know there's a few of you on here down my way.

Does anyone have one of those tools for removing the glass on a Z44 bezel (Surefire 6P etc.)?

I need to swap the glass on my 6P and don't have a tool to get it out and I'd be loathed to buy an $18 tool from the USA for a single use!

I live in Surrey and work in London so was hoping there's a surefireholic near me who might allow me to use theirs for a few minutes to do a swap.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hi @arKmm

You might look for a Xeno TW02 ....

Not necessarily the strongest tool option for this, but will work in a pinch, and may save you some money.

And decently useful as a wand, too, after you get your bezel ring changed ;)

arKmm

Enlightened
Hi @arKmm

You might look for a Xeno TW02 ....

Not necessarily the strongest tool option for this, but will work in a pinch, and may save you some money.

And decently useful as a wand, too, after you get your bezel ring changed ;)

Ah, that would do it but I can't find anywhere selling it in the UK so it'd still necessitate a US order sadly.

I was hoping someone South East way would have something that'd do it that I could pop over and use.

Alternatively, I'll happily take suggestions on household tools that might do it because nothing comes to mind :(

archimedes

Flashaholic
Ah, that would do it but I can't find anywhere selling it in the UK so it'd still necessitate a US order sadly.

I was hoping someone South East way would have something that'd do it that I could pop over and use.

Alternatively, I'll happily take suggestions on household tools that might do it because nothing comes to mind :(

Maybe snap ring or circlip pliers ... ?

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
arKmm. I have a tool for removing the back of watches that may do the trick. It has 3 pins in triangular shape that you can adjust the width between them. Not sure it will go big enough though. Send me the distance between notches in a triangular pattern and I'll see. Of course, the local watch repair shop may have better...
Failing that, I have some of those plastic beads that you warm in water, shape and they set to a hard plastic lump when cool. If we warm some of those up and squidge the lump into the head of the torch and wait a few mins, they may fill the notches enough for you to unscrew the head. Depends on how much it 'shrinks' when cooling but I don't think it's much. I'm in Bracknell but I'd happily drive down to Guilford or such to help out.

Last edited:

Tofty

Enlightened
Hi arKmm,
Sorry for being slow to reply.
I'm based just outside Farnham and have specific tools for removing bezels on 6Ps and other Z44 heads. Please PM me if you're close and would find these tools useful.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Called Brooklands. They said they should be ready to take bookings for the Halloween tour in a couple of weeks once the caterers have given them a price.

I'll keep you posted.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/whats-on/torchlight-tour-halloween-special

Bookings are Open. £25 for the Halloween tour and meal.

If you want to book, Email Donna at the website for a booking form and when you send it back to her, note on it that you are part of the "CPF" group so she can make sure we all get on the same table.

Or IM me your email address and I'll send you the form which you can fill in and return to Brooklands.

Post up here when you have done it so we know who is going.

Last edited: