DFW Texas End of summer get together Sat., Oct. 3. 2009 **PICTURES**

wquiles

Flashaholic
17mm
1mm pitch

George,

I lost my 501w light!!!

Well, not "really" lost - I know where it is ...

I have been carrying the 501w as my EDC, and this morning I was in our lab talking to one of our engineers. Like a true flashaholic I was showing off my new EDC, and the engineer inmediately fell in love with the 501w. He simply could not believe something that small, and using a simple AA cell could be available.

He said:
"This thing is great!". I am leaving on vacation tomorrow and it would be great to have one for myself. Where can I buy one?

I said:
On the Internet. And I showed him the web site.

He said:
Can I buy this one from you, cash?

I said:
OK, I will just get another one. And he paid me $65 cash for mine.

Of course, they are out of stock now, so please, do let me know when they are back in stock as I want my 501w back !!!

Will

sadtimes

Enlightened
I have to ask. On the picture of "Hugo2x" lights what is the 2nd one from the left?

And any details on the Zebralight EDC, like available date, and specs? The picture looks intresting.

Last edited:

Hugo2x

Newly Enlightened
I got my H501 and its great!

now I'm thinking about battery options. I have a energizer charger with 2 energizer 2000mah cells. Can I use the same charger with some Sanyo 2700mah cells.
Also my Energizer charger is the kind that can charges 4 batts at the same time. but at a minimum you have to charge multiples of 2 on ether channel

Also, do sanyo NIMH batts have a PCB?

Last edited:

sadtimes

Enlightened
Hugo,

Mind telling me what light that is of yours second from the left in the picture on page 1 of this thread?

Hugo2x

Newly Enlightened
Hugo,

Mind telling me what light that is of yours second from the left in the picture on page 1 of this thread?

I didn't get all the specs from George but he just referred to it as his new EDC line coming out. It runs on one 123 and I believe the emitter was either a XP-E or XP-G. Natural HAIII and feels great in hand.

DSC03807.jpg

Hugo2x

Newly Enlightened
Oh, I think your talking about the Fenix PD20. Note that the Fenix PD series is regular reverse clicky, not Piston Drive. It's a fantastic little light, beam pattern is flawless and throw is excellent for such a small reflector. Only hit on the light is that it only runs on primary 123's

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well that was fun..... lots of fond memories......

Someone compile a list of everyone who attended or was interested so we can do this again.

I have a light on order that supposed to out-throw the BB... so we will see!

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well that was fun..... lots of fond memories......

Someone compile a list of everyone who attended or was interested so we can do this again.

I have a light on order that supposed to out-throw the BB... so we will see!
That was a lot of fun. Should do it again in the spring. BTW I don't know if you saw my thread on on encapsulation but I have decided to put a modified XR-E in the Art Light that you saw. Should have about twice the lux as a regular DEFT! I can't wait to get this done. We might have to have a meet sooner so I can show it to everyone before it gets sold.

Last edited:

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me know if that will be available and a recommdation as a dropin for my DEFT.. if so I could get that too when I link up with you.

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been keeping a list updated, and my PM list gets bigger each time. We usually shoot for a GTG every 6 mo. or so, but I have never been able to predict the goofy Texas weather. Yesterday or today would have been a great day to have one! We'll shoot for spring, but if something comes along, give your ideas and I'll get the ball roiling.

If we have to, we can move it inside for a winter GTG.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Re: DFW Texas End of summer get together

Posting at the bottom of page 1.

We are at a place finacially just now that kept me from making this one. BUMMER!

Looks like some new blood showed up. Looks like some cool lights and lasers showed up.

Oh well, maybe I can make the first '10 get together....