Does anyone have an HDS and an OR BOSS?

jdboy

Enlightened
I have both and I like/carry both depending on my mood. The reason being is neither have ever let me down in any situation I've put them in. For me I typically prefer a single emitter light for the majority of time. I can usually get the throw I need/want with a lower output and therefore less heat. With that though I've enjoyed triples for daily use and 80% or so of EDC needs.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both and I like/carry both depending on my mood. The reason being is neither have ever let me down in any situation I've put them in. For me I typically prefer a single emitter light for the majority of time. I can usually get the throw I need/want with a lower output and therefore less heat. With that though I've enjoyed triples for daily use and 80% or so of EDC needs.

I d like to have a BOSS just for performance comparisons but given a situation involving say a drive by phone theft with the potential to get knifed or beaten up .. or walking through a park with drug activity teens etc in the fall winter where it's dark early... brighter the better, functionality strobe... anything that can give you the edge is a plus. Can t have a gun here

That's the kind of light I want!

I tend to not go out this time of day... no one of us should have to live like that.

Last edited:

U2v5

Newly Enlightened
I d like to have a BOSS just for performance comparisons but given a situation involving say a drive by phone theft with the potential to get knifed or beaten up .. or walking through a park with drug activity teens etc in the fall winter where it's dark early... brighter the better, functionality strobe... anything that can give you the edge is a plus. Can t have a gun here

That's the kind of light I want!

I tend to not go out this time of day... no one of us should have to live like that.

Sorry to hear of your dilemma. Of the many lights I've put to heavy use in the last 35 years the v5 based offerings from Oveready/Torchlab really stand alone. Mind you many amazing manufacturers currently offer stellar products I've not had the pleasure to own yet!

I just took a peek at the Oveready site and they do have some variations of the BOSS currently available.

[emoji6]

trojansteel

Newly Enlightened
Here's a comparison: Boss on max, triple 219c, and my 219b HDS set to max 90lm (which looks pretty much the same as the 200lm the light is capable of, but much better runtime).

ca2acaf3c78d8ae9483932746788166d.jpg

404d16316815367531aba7958f11e8d8.jpg

Latest posts