Dummy Reference Guide to Minimag Modding(many pix)

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Re: Dummy Reference Guide to Minimag Modding(many

Nick
Thank you! And I really hope your thought(which I have the same dream/thought)for having cool looking turbohead for Minimag will come true! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

03lab
Err...that's too kind a complement. Definitely shall take the PDF into consideration. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Shane
Just one dummy contributing what he can. I always felt in debt to those who had inspired/encouraged me along the way--so many great talents and I only got two thumbs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Greenled
Thank you for visiting, again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Right now there are few very exciting ideas, still cooking, but I just can't wait to see them completed...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif <font color="red">Major Update 27 Jun 05 </font> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Newly added section 5 will include topics covering 2 staged stock tailcap/kroll and other mod ideas.

Added Streamlight TT 1 cell lithium Xenon bulb in Minimag mod in section 3. 8 UV leds mod pictures had been posted in the 8 led mod section.

Carclo 6, 15, 25 and Fiber coupling optics beamshot/feature added in Various Optics section. A short writeup of tips and tricks has been added in Section 6.

New solutions are being developed(which will take the Minimag to a whole different level of brightness) and will be discussed in section 3 once they are done. Stay tuned! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic

AuroraLite, I can convert whatever you have into PDF format, in case you need help with that.

Man, what it is about mini-Mags? I simply love them (yup, even with their "sucky" stock beams). Looking forward to more, especially if it has anything to do with "different level of brightness"!

greenLED

Flashaholic

I just noticed Inretech's drop-ins are not in your "After market ready-to-run drop ins(in no particular order)" section.

Inretech.com gets you to the site, and here's the linky for the shop: InReTech's shop

AuroraLite

Enlightened

I'd remember checking and comparing the InRetech AA adapters vs Terralux TLE5 when I first trying to decide which one to get. It wasn't a very 'direct' comparison since Inretech used what I believe was a low dome with optics while TLE5 used a side emitter with a reflector. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

And after reading from Quickbeam's FLR site and Craig's ledmusuem, I figured I probably got the most bang of the buck from Terralux over InRetech. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I might look into getting one of those InRetech AA adapter if the price has fallen(for review purpose), since we now have newer technology with more competitive prices. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Hi, all! :wave:

It has been a long while since my last update, and here we go:

Update 28 Nov 05: Added to section 3: DownBoy750 Lux V VXOS sammie, Minimag Hotwire Incan TL3/Strion Mod and modding McR20 reflector(in section 4) And some minor changes were made to the section 2 for my mumble jumble.

Sometime after this, I will add in my review on DJ park/Cgpeanut's POP sammie(it truly is a brillant piece of work) and now that I can more comfortably running it with the protected Li-ion AAs. And for now I am just really looking forward to the K2 from lumileds, and other new boards upcoming from various board makers on CPF. :)

Last edited:

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Icarus,

Thank you and do hope you have enjoyed the read! :eek:
I had fun modding a nflex mag D after making reference/reading from your post too! :bow: :thumbsup:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
LOL....I was even overwhelmed by the Dummy's Guide. I can't even imagine how many hours this all took you to write up and photograph. I think I'm gonna try to find the brightest drop in easy mod for my minimags at one of the vendors.

Thanks for all that information. My brain hurts because I read it all at one time even though you said not to.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am new to modding mini mags and will read this through completely, just not in one sitting...

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Hi, all! :wave:

Just two updates for the month of Mar and Apr in 2006, and the latest update includes:

Major Update 26 Apr 06:
Added Section 3:
o) New Terralux TLE5 (after market product, easiest) (Apr 06)
p) NiteIze Led Upgrade Combo (after market product, easiest) (Apr 06)
Added Section 5:
-Terralux TCS-1 clickie tailcap (after market products)
-NiteIze clickie (see p) in Section 3)

I am still eagerly waiting for the new IQ switch from NiteIze(May! I had been keeping my fingers crossed...) Hopefully, it will work with all kinds of sammies that is featured on this guide, and that'd be one of the greatest days for a minimagaholic in the year 2006... :drool:

And if any gifted EE person is reading this line--another secret wish for me is a smart boost board that will fit into the Minimag, and that will for sure a hot item for probably many modders on board! :)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

LuxLuthor and Will,

Sorry for the super-belated reply, but wish you guys great luck in modding the Minimag and find what you are looking for! :)

greenLED

Flashaholic
will said:
...will read this through completely, just not in one sitting...
Trust me, every time I look at this thread, Aurora's added something else. Being a fan of minimags, this is one of my favorite threads on CPF.

AuroraLite

Enlightened
greenLED,

Nothing warms a fellow minimagaholic more than your kind words. Thank you for the continue support of this thread! :)

Kryosphinx,

Good question, and from the look of it(especially the red rubber cap part), I will assume it to only be rain or splash proof since I can't get into the internals of the switch to check and see whether it could survive a dive in the water, without destroying the switch itself... :whistle:

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well done (better than well, in fact).
Good job (better than good job, in fact).
Thanks for the great work (better than great work, in deed).!!!!!!

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
AuroraLite, had anyone attempted to capture this guide, photos and all, in a PDF file? IMHO that would be a great asset in that folks could refer to it even when offline, traveling, etc.; and it would be easily searchable from the local computer. Of course, it wouldn't include the most recent updates, but that doesn't seem too bad a price to pay!

I'd love to have this in PDF form and would take a shot at creating the PDF if I could get a little support, such as copies of the full-size images and whatever else might make the task easier. :)

snipinglight

Newly Enlightened
Auroralite, do u know if Lamda is still selling their Lambda MiniPro Lux III DIY kit . Wrote to them a few times but no reply