Emisar D4S

SG1

Newly Enlightened
id30209,

great tip, just ordered the orbtronic 5750mah 30A flat top!

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone who has received a D4S, can you comment on how quickly it steps down from turbo?

Thanks

markr6

Flashaholic
This thing looks amazing! I keep adding it to my cart, only to bail out. Trying not to spend $$$ these days :(

Also, I'm not sure I would like the UI. That's always a deal breaker for me.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you can configure NarsilM to have dedicated output modes isntead of smooth ramping, and it's very similar to Zebralight UI, the most important bits are long hold for quick access to moonlight/low from off, and double click for quick access to turbo from off or from on.

markr6

Flashaholic
I think you can configure NarsilM to have dedicated output modes isntead of smooth ramping, and it's very similar to Zebralight UI, the most important bits are long hold for quick access to moonlight/low from off, and double click for quick access to turbo from off or from on.

Thanks! So close...sitting at the last step of checkout with a D4S and Shockli 5500mAh cell. Someone click the button for me :)

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, scratch what I said then. I bought mine but I'm pretty sure I'll just resale it once I compare it to the ROT66.

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks! So close...sitting at the last step of checkout with a D4S and Shockli 5500mAh cell. Someone click the button for me :)

For $50, your really going to be hard pushed to get a more fun light. Or more for your money (all things considered). The UI is fun, fast ramp which seems just perfect. No doubt it will get toasty in seconds not minutes, but it could be still used close to 1000lm levels for good duration's. If you dont like, you could get your money back within a day! Only a small gamble if any tbh, hank does some nice clever stuff with the help of other clever people(and a lady TK). Short cuts to min and max, options to change the ramp max ceiling , so no need to ramp to 4000+ lumens if you dont want, could have ceiling much lower . Then re-flashing is easier , no need to take fully apart like previous. You can flash(if desired) many different UI options, ZL included if thats your pick.

Click it!!!!! :poke:

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to Toykeeper, RampingIOS v3 does add a stepped mode option for the D4s. I'm not quite sure from the UI diagram how to switch between the modes, but it's described in her review:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/61509

I wasn't sure if I'd like the ramping on the D4, and while I think I do still in most situations prefer discrete modes, the ramping is so well executed that I don't consider it a negative.

Keeping your spending down is a very good reason not to buy a D4S.

The next time your collection needs another member, however, if you don't already have one of the Emisar's, it sounds like this latest model takes an already excellent UI and gives it even more options, so it's well worth giving a spin.

idleprocess

Flashaholic

Looks like they came back in stock the day after after I'd already ordered from intl-outdoor. Ah well.

easilyled

Flashaholic
I'm hoping they'll bring out a Ti version of this with mainly copper head like they did with the D4. I have two of those in D4 and really love them. Excellent value for money.

At this size, the copper head should provide enough mass to provide decent heat-sinking, I'm guessing.

I love the fact that the D4S provides 2-3 times more throw than the D4 (I'm a sucker for throw) but still with a very powerful beam with lots of flood too.

And I love the look of those teal secondaries.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got mine. Can't decide which battery to use so I charged all of them. It's my smallest 26650 outside of my dqg's, and the aqua colored night light is perfect for a...night light

Gonna be nice especially cause of the extra run time, does anyone know the highest capacity 26650?

I tried three unprotected cells.

I find shockli imr 5500mah is the best over liitokala and efest.

andreas0401

Newly Enlightened
anmierturfqa.gif

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
how much better does it handle heat on highest before stepdown vs the d4 ?

SG1

Newly Enlightened
Heats up just as fast as my D4 219C on turbo. As a side note: switching from smooth ramp to stepped.. 3 fast clicks while main leds are on.

markr6

Flashaholic
Well, sitting in checkout again. The ROT66 is appealing as well, but I think that's "too much" for me. Just not gonna be practical (practical!??! what's that? :))

I think I'll get one of these in the gray/nichia...