Emisar D4S

I have 2 D4's and find them to be a great little light. I jumped on the D4S, should be here in a week or so. Couldn't pass it up for the $.

markr6

Flashaholic
OK I finally did it! This will be my first 26650 light, something I've been wanting for a while now.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 D4's and find them to be a great little light. I jumped on the D4S, should be here in a week or so. Couldn't pass it up for the $.

OK I finally did it! This will be my first 26650 light, something I've been wanting for a while now.

You guys will not be disappointed. The same light will cost around $220 4 years ago, and probably 3000 lumen..

light are getting more more powerful and prices are cheaper...

markr6

Flashaholic
This shipped quick from mountain electronics! I would have it Friday, but I had it sent to work which means it will probably be delayed until Monday. It goes to a mail service first, which is considered "delivered" a full day before I even get it. Crap!!

p.s. It's on the move...won't arrive until Saturday so that means Monday. At least I'll have something to look forward to first thing at work!

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Got it early! Battery arrived at 3.93v...charging now. The tailcap magnet on this thing can probably pull dents out of a car body! Nice quiet switch, decent threads, good anodizing. This is my first experience with 26650 sized lights, and I gotta say this one is the perfect size in your hand. The gray color is really nice.

D4S.jpg

I pulled the battery off for a minute since I couldn't wait. AMAZING tint as expected. The UI isn't as difficult as I thought, as long as I don't get into the details. Very Zebralight-ish. I like it!

p.s. I forgot about the aux leds! Had to get into a dark room to get the full effect. SO COOL!!!!

Last edited:

Nichia!

Banned
Got it early! Battery arrived at 3.93v...charging now. The tailcap magnet on this thing can probably pull dents out of a car body! Nice quiet switch, decent threads, good anodizing. This is my first experience with 26650 sized lights, and I gotta say this one is the perfect size in your hand. The gray color is really nice.

D4S.jpg

I pulled the battery off for a minute since I couldn't wait. AMAZING tint as expected. The UI isn't as difficult as I thought, as long as I don't get into the details. Very Zebralight-ish. I like it!

p.s. I forgot about the aux leds! Had to get into a dark room to get the full effect. SO COOL!!!!

Congrats mark!

Nichia C?

More pics please:)

markr6

Flashaholic
Congrats mark!

Nichia C?

More pics please:)

Yes, 219C. Whiter than white; a real pleasing tint. Almost done topping off the 26650.

D4Sa.jpg

If you put a Zebralight logo on this, you could pretty much fool anyone!

D4Sb.jpg

I can't believe this thread isn't like 30+ pages long by now!! Such an amazing light, especially for the price. The pic in the previous post isn't sideways by the way; it's hanging off a metal wall :)

The aux leds are either very low, low, low beacon (on ~1/2 second, off 2 seconds), or off.

Temp check is a neat feature. 2 blinks, then 5. So I assume 25°C (77°F which makes sense just sitting here without use)

Last edited:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since the D4S can be reflashed without disassembly, you could easily give it the zebra ui clone to complete the illusion!

Nichia!

Banned
It looks awesome! Are the aux leds bright enough? Are the aux leds always on when the light is off?

markr6

Flashaholic
It looks awesome! Are the aux leds bright enough? Are the aux leds always on when the light is off?

They're always on at their lowest setting by default, at least mine was. You basically have to put it right on your eyeball to see it in the daylight. The higher setting is much more noticeable, possibly even used as an extreme moonlight mode with night adapted eyes, but I can't say for sure yet. Or you can just turn them off.

Here are the aux leds on higher mode. Lots of ambient light shining into this drawer and they're still easily visible.

D4Sc.jpg

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF isn't the right target audience for relatively unknown brands like Emisar unfortunately, even if they're amazing lights. BLF has a huge thread for the D4s and other lights like the ROT66 and new Haikelites.

markr6

Flashaholic
CPF isn't the right target audience for relatively unknown brands like Emisar unfortunately, even if they're amazing lights. BLF has a huge thread for the D4s and other lights like the ROT66 and new Haikelites.

I've been following BLF closely. After the large amount of D4 talk here, I figured this would be twice that. The tint on this seems identical to my Eagletac MX25L3C. Obviously that would be more practical if using on high since it hardly gets hot, but of course they are two completely different animals.

Nichia!

Banned
They're always on at their lowest setting by default, at least mine was. You basically have to put it right on your eyeball to see it in the daylight. The higher setting is much more noticeable, possibly even used as an extreme moonlight mode with night adapted eyes, but I can't say for sure yet. Or you can just turn them off.

Here are the aux leds on higher mode. Lots of ambient light shining into this drawer and they're still easily visible.

D4Sc.jpg

Thank you very much for sharing..

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been following BLF closely. After the large amount of D4 talk here, I figured this would be twice that. The tint on this seems identical to my Eagletac MX25L3C. Obviously that would be more practical if using on high since it hardly gets hot, but of course they are two completely different animals.

The eagletac has the SW45K D220 binned Nichia 219Bs right? That's very nice if these 5000k 219Cs look just like it. My previous experience with 5000k 219Cs was with a Manker E14, and they were greenish, so I hope I can strike big with this one.

markr6

Flashaholic
The eagletac has the SW45K D220 binned Nichia 219Bs right? That's very nice if these 5000k 219Cs look just like it. My previous experience with 5000k 219Cs was with a Manker E14, and they were greenish, so I hope I can strike big with this one.

Yeah it says Nichia 219 D220 SW45 LED (CRI 92) (4500K). I'm just going off memory, so I'm probably wrong. I'll check, since that's pretty much where I set the bar.

In comparison to my Zebralight SC64w, it's clearly warmer. I actually like my ZL better. I would call this D4S Nichia 4400K and the SC64w closer to 5000K.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes.. aux leds are always on when the light is off.. it is bright and there are 16 of them... you can adjust the aux leds too. Off, low, high, and beacon.

markr6

Flashaholic
HOT POTATO! Uncomfortably hot to hold after 27 seconds! Still loving it...can't wait to get out tonight and give it a real go.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking forward to your observations.

Many people are interested in this and really all the Emisar offerings. For me, the D4 handles my needs, and the D4S is greater but maybe not so great to retire the D4.

Nichia!

Banned
Yes.. aux leds are always on when the light is off.. it is bright and there are 16 of them... you can adjust the aux leds too. Off, low, high, and beacon.

!! Didn't know the aux leds are programable! Thank you for info

markr6

Flashaholic
Regarding the ramp vs. step, I like them both. While I thought I would like the step better on paper, the smooth ramping seems quicker to me. You can stop when you feel like it, instead of having to wait, then possibly decide you in fact wanted the previous mode.

The only small quibble I have is the lanyard attachment; it's crazy sharp! And the flicker when ramping...that's pretty annoying.

I'll probably be ordering a spare non-magnetic cap as well. Mountain Electronics will have them soon. Intl Outdoors has them, but I'll wait for now.