Energizer's Luxeon III solution, a 4 lbs monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

lednut

Newly Enlightened
Ok,so I'll admit,I went back to HD yesterday and looked at the Energizer Hardcase lights again.I looked at the 4D and can understand why you would get such a crappy beam.Then i started looking at the 2D lights and noticed that the base of the reflector is much closer to the emitter,thinking it might have a tighter beam.I looked through all five they had and found one where the emitter looked most centered.I took it out in the backyard tonight,and boy was I impressed!Tight central hotspot surrounded by a good sidespill.No doughnut.I love it!I dont know if it's regulated or not,maybe soon I will get it apart.Really not a bad deal for 25 bucks for an indestructible lux III 2D cell flashlight.If you have the need for a good work light,go for it.

Illum

Flashaholic
Haz said:
This light may be tough, as it claims to be, however I found that the armour around the light, has made it too heavy for it to be practical and taken around the for every day use. It's good to use as weights to build muscle.

armor without water resistance is nothing but @#$%...whats the word on seals? Its hard to believe they didnt do at least ONE thing correct...bad reflector, no circuitry, leaks, donut-hole, etc etc:ohgeez::rant:

Zeth

Newly Enlightened
Energizer now makes their heavy duty line of flashlight, the Hard Case with Luxeon III "3W" LED.

$29.99 at Home Depot and includes 4D batteries in a package. This monster weighs 4 lbs (1.8kg) with batteries and the output is pretty weak for the weight. Heat is managed through a single aluminum flange about ~2.5" in diameter at the base of the reflector. The reflector is a very unique design and it produces a horrendous donut at far projection, yet it is a THROW MONSTER.

The Dorcy Super 1W is known as a throw monster and the Energizer puts the modded Dorcy 3W with Luxeon III direct drive to shame, but with a donut hole. The bottom part of reflector is completely flat and it is made black to be non-reflective.

Drive circuitry is incredibly weak sauce. 4D cells driving the LED through a single resistor.

Beam at 4 feet

beam at 20 feet

what happened to your pictures? i wanted to get this flashlight and the pics are gone

DM51

Flashaholic
Why on earth would you want to get this antique clunker, especially as you can't see a picture of it? :sick2:

This thread is 4 years old and was posted by a troll who has since been banned, so it beats me why you resurrected it. :duh2:

It is extremely unlikely that the light is available anymore, which is probably just as well. :green:

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.