EV charging cables cut by copper "recyclers"

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hate seeing hard-working individuals lose their jobs.
Unfortunately, that sometimes happens when the Market has spoken.
+

Hopefully the first to go are internet influencers for the EV industry
or a specific investment fund which I won't mention.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
And you really think the gubment is going to let everyone stop paying all of those taxes and fees now borne by petroleum using vehicles?

I really, really, really, really want to see your side and even agree on some things but you're making it very difficult. Eutopia and unicorns are not waiting at the end of the rainbow. I've seen it. It's a bush in front of a Bulle and Branch store. No unicorns, no Eutopia, not pot of gold. It's a rich man's suit store for the fat cat politicians that have everybody all whipped into a frenzy about the planet.
The system is dictating the clean future. They will have to tax an EV for road usage. It's only logical. If you want a clean world. Or those of us that survive micro plastic in our bodies and breathing bad air will evolve a new race that can eat plastic to survive.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
+

When things change there are unintended consequences. I don't think Henry Ford cared about ecological concerns, but he did think alcohol was the fuel of the future.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The system is dictating the clean future. They will have to tax an EV for road usage. It's only logical. If you want a clean world. Or those of us that survive micro plastic in our bodies and breathing bad air will evolve a new race that can eat plastic to survive.
Oh there's been a whole lot of things in our body's for decades much worse than this new issue....micro plastics. Remember alluminum chlorohydrate in under arm deodarant? Or how about PCB's in sunscreen? Ever eat microwave popcorn? Mercury in the fish, pesticides in the vegetables, and more. Yup, unless you grow your own food and never bath you might be ok.

The doom loop is not working anymore. The kittens and sunshine act is failing to get across the crowd. When our leaders parade around in climate friendly processions and aeroplanes the ideas may catch on. It's as if they're saying "let them eat cake" again.

iacchus

Enlightened
Oh there's been a whole lot of things in our body's for decades much worse than this new issue....micro plastics. Remember alluminum chlorohydrate in under arm deodarant? Or how about PCB's in sunscreen? Ever eat microwave popcorn? Mercury in the fish, pesticides in the vegetables, and more. Yup, unless you grow your own food and never bath you might be ok.

The doom loop is not working anymore. The kittens and sunshine act is failing to get across the crowd. When our leaders parade around in climate friendly processions and aeroplanes the ideas may catch on. It's as if they're saying "let them eat cake" again.
PFAS/PFOA is the newest of the bunch. And that stuff is literally everywhere. Shaping up worse than the ubiquity of lead in the 70s
It's the new hotness in all the environmental remediation circles.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, we have to shut him up some way! It's the only thing that I thought would work! Get on it Admin!
We can , the left invented a wonderful tool called canceling, put him on ignore do not rear/respond. no need to wait for admins to step in.
OTOH this is clearly political shill, he has absolutely 0 interest in flashlights. I say cancel him, it wont matter if he is banned then.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
PFAS/PFOA is the newest of the bunch. And that stuff is literally everywhere. Shaping up worse than the ubiquity of lead in the 70s
It's the new hotness in all the environmental remediation circles.
Thanks

For those who don't speak TLA:
Here's what those letters mean.

It's in Teflon? Uh oh.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
+

The best selling car model in the world is not the cheapest.(Tesla Model Y)You could have it running in your garage, have a conversation and breathe the air. That is what you get with clean technology. Vs. oil and ICE lobbies. That would be pushing the paradigm of go to the gas station, go to work, poison the air, go see Gramma, poison the air. Who has your best interests in mind? The EV lobby or the fossil fuel industrial complex? Tick tock.

iacchus

Enlightened
Thanks

For those who don't speak TLA:
Here's what those letters mean.

It's in Teflon? Uh oh.
Teflon, scotch guard, industrial fire retardant foam, a bunch of Health and Beauty products and any paper covering that you want to be oil or water or stain resistant (dog food bags, fast food wrappers, bulk mailers), and that's just breaking the surface.

Once they started looking, they found a global contamination issue.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
We can , the left invented a wonderful tool called canceling, put him on ignore do not rear/respond. no need to wait for admins to step in.
OTOH this is clearly political shill, he has absolutely 0 interest in flashlights. I say cancel him, it wont matter if he is banned then.
Children! I came here for the flashlights (12.8vdc Maglite with shortened spring. Running on 50¢ rechargable LiPo cells. Maybe 10 others.)and noticed some comments I didn't agree with. I couldn't resist setting the record straight, in my opinion. I am a tinkerer by nature. I try to make useful things or modify what is out there. I even share my data if anyone is interested. I am working on a machine that cuts fibrous materials. It's one of a kind modified. I wonder if you know what it does? I also convert gas vehicles to electric. http://www.evalbum.com/418

Attachments

• 17132023302935181264586623272937.jpg
    17132023302935181264586623272937.jpg
    409.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 17132028137564907581490786188820.jpg
    17132028137564907581490786188820.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 14

mrfixitman

Enlightened

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Haha…the very fact you continue with your mantra, against what appears to be an uninterested audience, tells me you are basically a brainwashed shill. Most normal people would have got the message by now, but most normal people don't have a pre-prescribed agenda, as you clearly do. I'll bet you voted democrat, support the absolute chaos that it has brought, welcome unfettered and illegal immigration, and probably agree with gender reassignment for kids…. The real threat to the USA is people exactly like you, not the people who want to retain the rather simple ability to choose which car they would like to drive. You are ignorant, dismissive and clearly narcissistic.
What does any of that garbage you mentioned have to do with this thread? Facts are facts and going against truths makes no sense. Fossil fuel bad, electric power can continue to get cleaner and cleaner. Coal plants are closing. In Hawaii the power company is begging people to stop installing solar because they have too much power. In some places they pay you to draw current. I think that's Texas. In those types of circumstances, it is more economical to pay consumers to use electricity in certain areas than it would be to curtail energy production. So, negative prices do exist on the grid, even if we don't see them in our retail electric bills. I digress. Politics don't matter. Only data. Just the facts ma'am.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Yeah because science once dictated that leeches worked and the world was flat. Seriously, everything you espouse has already been said over and over and over. You're not changing minds.
It's one of those boy who cried wolf things. The end of the world is indeed coming, just like when Noah said "it's going to rain". Yet it has way more to do with the debauchery of human behavior than it does with electric cars or not.

According to "science" Florida was supposed to be under water by 1980.
They are only off by a few decades. Not much in the universe of things. Keep using fossil fuels if you want to keep up the experiment. Leeches are indicated in some medical cases. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3757849/

Last edited:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why is that good? A 200kw solar panel would be cleaner and cheaper over time. Fire the city manager. They are not doing a good job.
How much power do solar panels generate after sunset or when clouds are thick?

I know: when I hear or read some BS — this is marxist propaganda.