ever lost a flashlight?

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it looks like I lost my first flashlights, in fact even two in one go: I can't find my PD30 and one of my PD31 - fortunately I have another 4!
I still hope I have just misplaced them but I have looked all over my place and can't find them anywhere!

wjv

Enlightened
I've misplaced a light for a day or two, but never lost one.

I've lost a couple nice Spyderco knives over the years. :sick2:

My dog (a Yorkie) has stolen a couple of my flashlight holsters. I usually find them a few days latter. But 1-2 are permanently missing. I ended up going to the Leatherman /Lens-Lenser website and ordering some of their holsters as replacements. They have REALLY nice holsters for REALLY cheap! Their holsters remind me of the EagleTac holsters. Very heavy duty, well made holsters.

How cheap?

How's this:

Sheath Item No: 880069 1 $3.00
Sheath Item No: 880072 1 $2.50
Sheath Item No: 880073 1 $4.00
Shipping Mail $4.95
Sales Tax $1.22
Order Total $15.67

Can't complain about the dog stealing the holsters though. Last summer we were in Seaside Oregon and the dog found a $50 bill lying behind a newspaper machine. . . :)

Last edited:

pompous_ass_captain

Newly Enlightened
Yup! Turns out, it fell out of my pocket, and onto the chair I was sitting on. I spent 45 minutes outside in the rain, in -1*C, at night, trying to find it. Couldn't find it, told the day staff, and if they see it/anyone turns it in let me know. Came in the next day and it was sitting on the desk.

ryukin2000

Enlightened
Just came back from Peru and found out i lost my small pouch containing a foursevens mini ML and the QPA. plus a bunch of spare eneloops. time to look for some new lights.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy it. If the old one turns up, sell the new one for a very slight loss, at worst.

Thanks man, I followed your advise but they were out so I went for an "old" LD41 instead for a great price. Unfortunately the online store - quality flashlights - seems to be gone off the web. It's a shame because they were absolutely great! The good news is I found my PD30 today while reorganizing some stuff so it couldn't have gone better and "thanks to you"* I even have an LD41 one now!

*At my bank they hates you but me... I'll always be grateful! :D

Last edited:

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Almost lost my ZL in my brother in law van. I started to panic that he started to look worried. Somehow I found it some time later on the floor. Last year I lost my SF E1L. I looked everywhere in the house. One evening I was in the garage and it just came to me to look in the power drill box. There it was. What happened is that i used it in the attic to drill some holes when running cable tv and i used the drill to do so. One lesson I learned buy yellow lights. So i got few of the Streamlights 4AA and 3C and Knucklehead 4AA. They are great cannot miss the Yellow color it really stands out.

The more lights one has the higher the likelihood to lose one.

Last edited:

stealthy

Newly Enlightened
An old petzl headlamp after going to bed after a long hike . Last time I felt it, it was one my head :duh2:

hapasnyper

Newly Enlightened
One time while at the beach at night I lost my TI preon 2. I think that my jacket caught the pocket clip and pulled it out. Of course I didn't know it was lost until it was too late. I loved the light so much purchased another one that night, much more careful about it now though.

Raven18

Newly Enlightened
Luckily only a freebie keychain flashlight. The head and batteries detached as I took my keys out of my pocket and fell into the grass.

The Fish

Newly Enlightened
Left a 4Sevens Turbo on fron hall table and after some trades people left,wasn't there.

horizonseeker

Enlightened
This was back when the original inova x5 was considered a top tier light.

lost it on a trip to New York, not sure where I lost it either, just wasn't in my pocket at the end of the day.

stuart

Newly Enlightened
Surefire E1b lost by the kids about a year ago. Still holding out hope that its somewhere in the house. Also lost a mag lite in about 8 feet of water on a camping trip many years ago but was able to recover it the next morning.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
I once didn't notice that I had dropped my HDS U60 in the hallway of my apartment building after an evening bike ride... luckily, one of my neighbours who passed me, saw it, called out to me down the hall and asked if it was mine.:sweat:So, luckily, I've never physically lost a light.

But, I did 'lose' one light after a li-ion battery appeared to have malfunctioned and blew the driver and LED. I felt the light turn warm, I could see smoke fill the bezel / reflector and I managed to quickly remove the tailcap and chucked the light outside. Luckily, it was timely and the battery didn't 'vent with flames'... Lesson reinforced about li-ions and I'm very careful today so that I don't 'lose' another light.