ever lost a flashlight?

landslug

Newly Enlightened
Lost one while getting pulled out of a snow bank after swerving to miss a downed tree in the road. My hand were so cold after digging out my car, that I thought the flashlight (E2D) was in my pocket...but I missed my pocket. Well three weeks later I found the light off to the side of the road where the snowplow pushed and surprisingly it was still in the same shape as when I lost it!

JedSmith

Newly Enlightened
Yes, two Pak-lite 9v LED lights w/ headbands about 4 years ago, They were attached to lithium primaries & I'm still hoping I come across them before the batteries go dead.

SoCalDep

Newly Enlightened
I lost a Streamlight Scorpion (My first "good" light) back around 1998 - 1999 or so...Anyone who finds one around Chico, CA...It's mine!

Last Oct/Nov I lost my Surefire EB1 Backup but my wife replaced it this past Christmas.

Coastiemikebrown

Newly Enlightened
I have a problem with headlamps. I am on a one a hike loss campaign.. Maybe getting a higher end one would solve this?

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks like andrew and amanda might have lost one i sent for repair. post office says it arrived. contacted a&a a few days later and they said they never rec'd it. of course i tossed the tracking number and can't prove it now. sucks to be me

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks like andrew and amanda might have lost one i sent for repair. post office says it arrived. contacted a&a a few days later and they said they never rec'd it. of course i tossed the tracking number and can't prove it now. sucks to be me

If you go to the USPS website & create an account, the tracking number may show up. I have an account and there are times things show up without my intervention. I also believe if you contact the PO, and give them the destination address they can come up with the number for you. If they can, my dealings with A & A have been very positive. Good luck.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first big sale on CPFMP, I shipped $575 worth of Surefire flashlights and for the first time in my life the USPS lost the package...that is when I learned the post office would only accept the price I paid, not the selling price, and then then they depreciate that number. I also learned PayPal will only cover the sellers loss if you can prove the package was delivered to the addressed destination. I pointed out that if it was delivered to the addresses destination there would not be a problem....my loss....

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's possible that the USPS website cookie my still be holding the tracking number.

I had a large ticket item supposedly shipped to me that I never received. I received another package the same day via USPS. The seller updated the tracking showing delivery, but early in the day. I live in a small town and my postman either hand delivers to my door or I greet him at the driveway entrance. I'm the next to last delivery for the day.

I took number to the PO and the following day the PO gave me the real address a delivery was made to. With that in hand, PayPal refunded me my funds.

I'd try clicking the tracking box and just type the number 9, and see what trackers are there.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tracking cookie is already wiped out (thanks Norton security) , nothing comes up when I log into my Acct, and the post office is next to useless, but at least they'll admit to that. They said try the destination post office which I'm sure a & a is more than eager to take the time to do...

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tracking cookie is already wiped out (thanks Norton security) , nothing comes up when I log into my Acct, and the post office is next to useless, but at least they'll admit to that.
Did you follow tracking on your phone?

I just looked on my iPhone and the last 10 or so deliveries I followed are there.

dhunley1

Enlightened
Lost my Fenix PD20 a year or so ago. Really wish I would of bought a few backups as they're not available anymore and I really liked it.

Zandar

Enlightened
My brand new Aeon Ti Mark 3 went missing on the 4th of July at work. Last I saw of her was when I used her to illuminate the BBQ at work. So either one of our guests got a great Independence Day present or someone at work has her, or she is truly lost. In any event I have to take responsibility for her loss. And it's an expensive one at $465 for roughly 30 days of ownership! So let my carelessness be a lesson to others, and hopefully other CPF members will consider putting a lanyard on your small lights before you use them.

ScottFree

Newly Enlightened
Lights I Will Find One Day - 47 Quark 123 and 123-2, Fenix PD20 R4 (I think), ZL SC32, ZL H32.

I did recently find my Fenix E01 and a ArmyTek Prime C1 Pro.

Fcmem

Newly Enlightened
I've been lucky I carry a Ultrafire a30 and once I dropped it down the cinder block foundation of a house.. luckily I was able to fish it out with a line and strong magnet.

I loaned my a30 to my brother when He was working on a truck in the middle of winter.. he lost it in the snow.
He said he searched for it and it was gone.. 3 days later I went over to look my self and found it frozen in the snow and mud.. still worked.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I've been lucky I carry a Ultrafire a30 and once I dropped it down the cinder block foundation of a house.. luckily I was able to fish it out with a line and strong magnet.

I loaned my a30 to my brother when He was working on a truck in the middle of winter.. he lost it in the snow.
He said he searched for it and it was gone.. 3 days later I went over to look my self and found it frozen in the snow and mud.. still worked.

Must admit, that's impressive as Hell for an Ultrafire.

Fcmem

Newly Enlightened
Must admit, that's impressive as Hell for an Ultrafire.
I've been very happy with my ultrafire's, my sister and mother liked my a30 so much they asked for one for there brithdays.
I've been carrying mine for about 6 years... it's held up well.. but recently it's got a case of the flickers and everytime I work on it I think I got solved.. so far no.
bad thing about them is they only have 1 spring in the tail so I think that might actually be the problem.

run time's not that great either not much more then about an hour before the output is to crappy for my taste.
but they're small enough they make great pocket lights.

2mebep0.jpg