ever lost a flashlight?

PMED80

Newly Enlightened
I had a Streamlight strion LED that mysteriously walked away from me at work. I use an engraver on all my work tools. Still searching for someone walking around with a strion with a scratched out name or poorly painted over.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
At about 11:30am this morning I realized my PK PR-1 was not in my pocket. At 11:00am it was.

I was leaving to go somewhere for about an hour. Slipping a Microstream into my pocket I set out. The entire trip I wondered where it was. 2 hours later I finally found it in an obscure corner deep down into the chair I had been sitting in.
Phew!!! That was a looooooong 2 hours.

Rstype

Flashlight Enthusiast
surefire E1L outdoorsman 90 lumen model. Went out for an emergency no heat call one winter and when finally got back home realized it was gone from my jacket. Lost in the customers basement. who knows where now :eek:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Hopefully found and appreciated by the customer. Either that, or its still there.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I've only lost one or two in the last 10 years and neither was an expensive one, and I have over 400 lights so that's not too bad. The Post Office, on the other hand, has lost about $1000 of my lights during that period.

biggman15

Newly Enlightened
There's a missing Fenix E11 in my RV somewhere. I still find myself checking for possible hidden crevices from time to time... I need to break down and just clean everything out to either prove to myself that I'm not going to find it. Or I will probably continue any time I think about it.

MX421

Enlightened
At about 11:30am this morning I realized my PK PR-1 was not in my pocket. At 11:00am it was.

I was leaving to go somewhere for about an hour. Slipping a Microstream into my pocket I set out. The entire trip I wondered where it was. 2 hours later I finally found it in an obscure corner deep down into the chair I had been sitting in.
Phew!!! That was a looooooong 2 hours.

Had a similar thing happen to me:

We split our time on our Florida vacation between the two coasts. I Got up quickly to pack everything up on the kayak trailer barely making checkout time. I realized on the first stop of the trip that my EDC ZL SC63 was missing from its clipped spot. The whole rest of the trip was a mixture of wanting to turn back and look in the parking lot where i loaded my trailer and trying to figure out the options of where it could be. Turns out it was in my other pants pocket prior to my taking a shower and changing pants prior to loading (one of the scenarios i thought of during the trip). That 3 hours trip seemed as long as the longer trip down from Texas.

Another similarly clipped incident was when i was working up in the attic and after the work was done found a similarly clipped SC62 missing. Knowing it was in the attic somewhere was sort of reassuring, but the two days of thinking about where it was before finding it was torture.

tops2

Enlightened
Luckily I haven't lost any lights yet.

But I've misplaced my Olight S1 more than enough times. I think cause its so small and with the magnetic tailcap, I sometimes stick it in different places. Then once in a while I'll turn it off and forget to pick it up (especially when I'm using the light to retrieve things or do something else so my mind's not on the light)..and for a few hours I'm looking for it.

The dumbest was I place it next to my charger to top off the 16340, and went to do a house chore or two. A few hours later, I forgot I was charging the battery and couldn't find the S1 in the usual place.

The longest I thought I lost it was a day.

Kinda strange that while the Olight S1 is my pocket EDC, I hardly actually use it. Especially when I'm at home, or if I'm going out till after dark, I'll always grab another light instead (mostly my Zebralight). But I think I'll miss the S1 the most out of all my lights if it goes missing. I love the feel and size of the S1 so much.

Last edited:

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
I almost had a heart attack today when my hds rotary wasn't in my pocket where it should have been. Literally threw everything everywhere looking for it. Rapidly began retracing. Went back to where I ate lunch. Found it on the side of the road while walking up to the building. Had fallen out of pocket crossing the street after getting lunch. Thank God A. I found it. B. No one picked it up. It had been there for several hours. It has its first chips in cerakote now. But I have my baby back. Im still shaking as I type this. I need a paper bag to breath into for a little while. Then I can slowly put my house and truck back together.

Last edited:

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I realized my knife missing from pocket recently and also got a scare. But we gotta get a grip and realize these are just material things. If they're too precious to lose, then keep it at home. I use everything I buy and am not a collector, in fact never understood the collectors who buy and store away things...

Nitiwat

Newly Enlightened
I lost my Surefire 6PX Pro last year during my trip to northern Thailand didn't realize it was gone until I was already back in Bangkok. I still wonder if whoever found it kept and used it...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I lost my Surefire 6PX Pro last year during my trip to northern Thailand didn't realize it was gone until I was already back in Bangkok. I still wonder if whoever found it kept and used it...

Realistically, they did. Until the batteries inside died and they likely refused to buy more for it. Just how it is.

Also..... :welcome:

Poppy

Flashaholic
Over the years, MANY lights have gone missing. The few that I can specifically recall are maglights 2x 3D, and 3C (primarily for the cars in part becuase they make legal equalizers) a couple of mag solitairs, and a couple mag 2xAA lights. Most recently a mag 2AA led twisty it was used ONE night as a reading light by my grandson, so I am sure it will show up somewhere.

Two other lights that are gone include an old incandescent 4C stand-up flashlight/lantern with a belt clip, and tilt head.
And a craftsman 3in sealed beam 6v rechargeable spot light. I might have tossed it when it wouldn't hold a charge anymore (I should have kept it and replaced the battery). I really liked that light.
Since I posted this, one 3D magliite was found, and the 2AA mini maglite pro+ was found.

BUT... now missing, and it has been missing for a couple of years, is a Solarforce L2M (it is the one with a split body so that you could run it on the shorter 18350 cells, or a single Cr123.) I'm hoping that it will show up someday.