• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Exotic Coating Service

iconoclast

Enlightened
Drat. :mecry:

So the 400°F they list for C10 is based on some assumption of substrate, even though they have other process options for the same coating on other metals?

From your description of the changeover process, I'll assume that a "large" order is way more than the five light minimum for selecting a new coating.

Just out of curiosity, what is the temperature limit for Aluminum (presuming a 6061 or 7075 for the sake of discussion)?

iconoclast: Yes it can be done on aluminum through a low temp process. But it's not cost efficient for us to do it. In order to do dep on Al. They need a process changeover, new process kit, process burnin. It normally takes several days to weeks. Only when a "large" order is place vendor would do the switch over.

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

I'm still having some trouble finding a good comparison of coatings on raw/Beabblasted/polished titanium...

But I still found there :
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showpost.php?p=1985800&postcount=151
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showpost.php?p=2044023&postcount=186
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showpost.php?p=2044579&postcount=198

Some pictures are missing :mecry: Anyone saved them on their computer?
Anyone got more?

Couple questions :
- if there are typical light machining mark on the raw Ti finish, will they show after coating (if not polished nor BB...) ?
- between raw finish or BB Ti, which one will be more scratch resistant once coated?

The raw Ti finish coated with diamond, looks like a mirror... nice. I don't like the polished finish so much, I find it breaks any crisp in the edges.

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Drat. :mecry:

So the 400°F they list for C10 is based on some assumption of substrate, even though they have other process options for the same coating on other metals?

From your description of the changeover process, I'll assume that a "large" order is way more than the five light minimum for selecting a new coating.

Just out of curiosity, what is the temperature limit for Aluminum (presuming a 6061 or 7075 for the sake of discussion)?

I'd have my two aluminum lights and one 17670 tube done in this instead of HA if it were available.

ejot

Enlightened
Have you had a chance to check whether there is a feature size, below which plating would become difficult? Would .060" fins separated by 0.060" gaps be OK?

Cheers,
Evan

sylathnie

Enlightened
This thread tempts me. I must send something to be plated!
Sadly I think my best candidate for plating is an LD01 Stainless I have laying around. Does this fall into the USM category? I'm currently thinking TiN for the "bling" factor.

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Modamag, please put me down for a ti McClicky pak and ti bezel and 9 steel screws, all AlTiN. I have everything disassembled and ready to ship, just let me know where to.

Thanks for offering this service!:twothumbs

RocketTomato

Enlightened
If I want to reanodize an aluminum light, does it matter if the current coating is missing spots or is scratched up?

donn_

Flashaholic
I don't recall seeing this question, so here goes:

I have a Ti A19 clone which has been flame/heat anodized. Would it be possible to strip/polish this finish and replace it with one of the Ti coatings?

ivanchek

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys.
Anyone know if glass bead blasted Ti can be coated with AlTiN? What sort of colour will be shown once coated?
Thanks.

Last edited:

ubetit

Newly Enlightened
I have a reflector from a Jetbeam Jet III Ti-M that was damaged and i have polished it to a nice shine with some patience but i was wondering if some sort of plating would make it better and more resistant to oxidation. Although i have applied a polymer to the reflector at some point the oxidation will come back.

my_gentle_cry

Newly Enlightened
Jonathan,thx for Ur message. I didn't receive any messages from U. So, began to worry.
I'm ready to wait for Monster in Audi A4 color ))) hope I will receive it till New Year holidays… It will be great! =)