• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Exotic Coating Service

RocketTomato

Enlightened
darkzero: Larry's light is held to similar tolerance as my Draco. They can not be anodize w/o special jig to protect the threads. I just want to pre-warn you about the re-threading on your lathe. As for laser etching it's somewhat visible ... sometime ... no guarantee. It all depends on the power and penetration of the laser.

Is it possible to anodize the aluminum lights with the parts partially screwed together in order to protect the threads from being anodized?

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
This question is for Modamag. Is the polished grey HA going to look like the polished HA on Arc Mania Lights? And will the Black HA be polished?

DSCN0434-1.jpg

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used white nail polish on the Bare AL Barbolight I sent out for HA anodizing and it worked very well (sounds silly but it works)

I don't know what they use to mask, But, I do know that one of the first steps is a bath in sulphuric acid ( H2SO4 - battery acid ) while running an electrical current through the part. This creates the 'grains' necessary to accept the dye.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seams contact cement is the most popular masking agent over in the Caswell lating forums.

Mac

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
It seams contact cement is the most popular masking agent over in the Caswell lating forums.

Mac

Oh, now I wonder if Jonathan wants us to mask our threads?

Mac, what kind of contact cement? Then, how does the masking agent get removed afterwards? (I'm thinking a dremel with wire brush tool?)

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the questions I wanted to ask Jonathan was about cleaning up all the contact points of the lights we sent in.

If they are getting an acid bath, I would think anything we put on the threads would get desolved.

How do I clean all the threads and contact points after I get my lights back?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
One of the questions I wanted to ask Jonathan was about cleaning up all the contact points of the lights we sent in.

If they are getting an acid bath, I would think anything we put on the threads would get desolved.

How do I clean all the threads and contact points after I get my lights back?

These are all good questions, but I'm not too worried. This is the 3rd run of these exotic coatings, and he does superb work.

Phredd

Enlightened
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for doing another run. I've got a T1A tail cap I'd like to get black anodized. It's pretty small. The hole is filled with Alumfast.

I see people starting to talk about masking threads. Please let me know if you can mask the threads (or the entire inside) or if we need to that ourselves.

Fred

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any word or pictures of what the Orange Anodizing would look like and is it an option?

I'd LOVE to have a bright Orange Anodized Surefire M6!!
Similar to the orange Surefire C2.
(I will try to post a picture of the orange I am refering to)

I went through the thread and am wondering if there will be a dull HAIII grey finish available or if it is only available in a polished finish. I'd like to have some bare aluminum bodies done with a close match to the Dull surefire HAIII finish as well as the Dull black HAIII finish.

Ty4752

Newly Enlightened
Hi Jonathan,
I have a Chrome Drake with some chipped-off spot/flake? Can it be rechrome or coat with any other coating? If it can recoated, what is the hardest coat you can put on it?
This drake was a birthday's give from my wife, so I hope to keep it looking pretty as it was.

Thank you,

sebast

Enlightened
Hi!
I would like to coat a Ti Aeon, but i need to order one at Muyshondt. Could you recept it for me and disassemble it?

It would be:
1-Ti Aeon- AlTin coating-disassembly/reassembly

:thanks:

Last edited: