8A9379B3-B2AC-4BB7-B27F-CFF06B256817_zpsp7nocfqd.jpg

DSC01926_zps4892e67d.jpg

Fiddleback Pocket Kephart -- 6", my beloved Runt, and a Bushcrafter Jr -- 7 ¼"

472C200C-E47C-4DC7-889C-E3838A455A92_zpsi4ebowhk.jpg

And the Esee Candiru -- 5 ¼" The Esee warranty is bullet proof

21A98001-7E8E-4279-9843-1ECBF0A0DDAF_zps71xghfad.jpg

k-b

Newly Enlightened
Like a few others have said, the ESEE Izula is great. I prefer the Candiru, as it's a bit shorter than the Izula.

Maven

Newly Enlightened
Im in the process of shopping for a new EDC, switching from years of folders (CRKT M16-01Z for the past half decade or so) to a fixed blade. My EDC is also my camping/hiking knife and Ive narrowed it down to 3 so far :

Bradford Gaurdian3= may be a too small for my tastes though it is very nice.
ESEE/CampLore JG3= most likely purchase
Smith&Son Brave= beautiful, beautiful utilitarian all around knife. Proving very hard to find, and can buy two JG3s for the price.

MrJino

Enlightened
Do a little sushi work..

Carried in goruck backpacks.

Last edited:

tadbik

Enlightened
I have a Kalashnikov type 1 bayonet that I "appropriated" in Lebanon. I keep it in my WCS go bag. Haven't cleaned or oiled it in 20 years and it still looks brand new.

If it's one thing the Russians know, it's metals . This is one tough tool.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not EDC but I do have a Bark River Bravo 1 rampless cpm s35vn with Green Canvas Micarta scales. Another nearby is a non-fixed blade Spyderco Military with CPM S30V.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Izula is my go to outdoors knife. Though think I would prefer an Izula 2 for the larger handle, not worth buying for the difference. When was working was Esee HEST, which is still my garage knife. I would also like one of the now dpx HEST 2's. Some of those are damn nice looking. But again, for the minor differences, not worth it to me.

ChiefK

Newly Enlightened
That's like saying "which kid is your favorite?" :)

Each one serves a different purpose.

Lenslight KO3 TAD edition at the top, then left to right:

Dervish with custom Dervish bead.
PDW Griffin.
Kingdom Armory TAD edition with Starlingear "Slickster" bead.
Spyderco Hobbit.
Custom damascus with mammoth ivory handle from Dave Barnett.
Dervish Ursa Major.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16927978@N02/shares/r18335

r18335

Last edited:

MrJino

Enlightened
Can't pick one, since they are for different purposes.

Here's some wood choppers

Tactical Buck

Newly Enlightened
Until recently I had been almost exclusively an EDC folder guy, but as I started to do nighttime winter walks with gloves, I realized that the various thumb disks and opening holes were of limited utility. Last summer, I started bringing along a Bark River Bravo EDC on hikes, and this sub-3.5" blade is seeing more carry time in a KSF pocket sheath that also has a provision for carrying a small flashlight. So, this BRK is my current EDC fixed blade fave.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will EDC, more like EOWC, Every Other Weekend Carry, this when I am hunting and or camping, the blade, not the light! lol This will get used just about every other weekend.
013C7C57-3572-44A1-A3F3-9D88C9DC49A9_zpsckn9fkbp.jpg

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you jdboy. I picked the TJK up second hand and intended it to be a user. They use tool steel and the thing will sharpen up razor sharp on a strop. I set up the holster so I can carry it in the small of my back horizontal. It has now become one of my favorite fixed blade EDC knives. As far as I know it is the only one out there built like this. I could very well be wrong. But I haven't seen or heard of another in this combo. I did add a leather lace lanyard.
I will list all the info on it. I am trying to remember to post info on all the things I post. To help others out. Bill brought that up in a other thread. We need to try and remember to do that.
Triple J Knife Works, Okami, O1 Steel, Copper Wash and the handles are Clear C-Tek. The C-Tek is a honey comb and is semi translucent. It is really neat stuff.

Here is a FB link with some pictures back in 2015. I think it was from when it was made for the original buyer. I am GUESSING I am the 3rd owner?? Either way, it will likely stay a long time with me.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleJKni...9540874878591/546738385492170/?type=3&theater

I will try and take a few pics and post them in a little while.

jdboy

Enlightened
Very nice, I'm a big fan of carbon and tool steels for fixed blades. I think they tend to sharpen up nicely and with much more ease than stainless for the most part.

EDIT: My High Uinta from RyanW is in 1084 carbon steel with G10 handles and liners.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few knives with "fancy" steels or metals. They look so darn pretty and cost so much I am almost afraid to use them. ha! Tool steel, who cares! Cut away! One of my hard use knives is a Rat Cutlery Rat-3. They are called Randall Knives now. Anyways, I bust up cardboard boxes and do all kinds of misc yard related stuff with it. I hit it with a fine stone, ceramic rods and a light coat of oil. I have had it for over 15 years and it still works great. It resides in my truck normally.
I keep it & most all my blades (and outdoor tools) coated with Frog Lube CLP paste. I find it works best under harsh conditions. Not to mention it won't permanently stain my clothes or whatever I cut. And you can cut your steak with it. Biodegradable! It also adds a mint flavor to your food. lol!
Hope its ok to link to the lube for information purposes? If not, mods pls delete.
http://shop.froglube.com/FrogLube-CLP-Paste-4-oz-Jar-FLP-P412.htm