Favorite EDC FIXED BLADE?

jdboy

Enlightened
I've heard of FrogLube but never tried it. For blades that will see food prep I always use Camellia Oil. It has a long shelf life and doesn't go rancid like most other food grade oils. It also has many other uses so keeping it on hand is never a bad thing.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Camellia oil, interesting.....so that is a seed. Looks like it can be used for dry skin too. lol So lube up your blade and have you some purtty hands and nails when your done. I know you say it doesn't turn rancid, but say if you were to wipe a blade and leave it in the garage or a warm area for a few weeks, does it turn sticky and say gooey? The Froglube sorta turns to a waxy coat, and just a tad sticky. It does well to keep things from rusting.

jdboy

Enlightened
It will become a bit tacky by not really sticky. A little goes a long way and yeah it's good for your skin too. My little girl uses it to remove makeup when she's out of her stuff lol.

jdboy

Enlightened
Jarosz Scout, this was one of Jesse's original knives.

2r53mtx.jpg

2iijqqs.jpg

RickZ

Newly Enlightened
Still do not have a picture account. I EDC a push blade (Colorado) under 3.5" concealed, and a Cold Steel GI Tanto whenever I walk. I am trying to find a good short sword as well. I slightly bent the gi tanto when stabbing it through a car roof to prove it was sharp enough to this random guy going on about the "perfect 20° angle." Great knife, I need more practice to get the angle right for stabbing through steel.

tex.proud

Enlightened
I carry my Bradford Knives Guardian 3 most often. Great blade, and very comfortable horizontal leather sheath.
IMG_20160410_000302_zpsjnfj7bbg.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
My favorite?..... That would have to be the 2008 CPF forum knife by George Tichbourne.

The project couldn't have gotten off the ground if not for a then new member who lasted just long enough to get the planning sorted out, but afterwards moved on when everyone got their knives. He wasn't around much in 2009. No one took over the design help or planning. So, an '09 forum knife never came to be. At one point, two separate designs were seriously considered to share dual honors that year. Unfortunately, George passed away before the possibility of a 2010 model could be discussed.

Don't know what happened to the others, but I've still got mine.

I scored #8 for 2008. And no, I didn't plan it that way.

Bill Idaho

Newly Enlightened
(Computers , photos, and I don't have a working relationship, FYI)
As a deputy, on-duty I carry an old Cold Steel tanto on my right lower leg under my uniform pants. I also carry an American Kami custom under my outer vest carrier, very similar to his Kiridashi, only about an inch longer. My son had it made for me for a father's day present. It felt really strange the first time I picked it up, but within a few minutes, I fell in love with it, and now own a handful of American Kami knives. He makes a very unique style of knife, but extremely user-friendly! When I am on a SWAT call, I wear a Strider BT. It is built like a tank.

Off-duty I wear a Strider WB MOD10 upside down on my pants belt. It might sound uncomfortable, but it rides up along my side, out of sight (I always wear an outer shirt of some sort), out of the way when I sit, and yet is instantly available when need be. Since there are two straps securing it in the sheath, I have NEVER had an issue with it dropping out of the sheath. NEVER.

PB Wilson

Newly Enlightened
I got this Whittemore fixed blade a number of years back in a trade on Bladeforums. It's small, but I can get a good purchase on the Osage Orange scales for most tasks. The sheath is waxed leather that holds it well and it's seen a good deal of use.

I also have a Bark River Necker that works just fine for EDC.

tex.proud

Enlightened
I got this Whittemore fixed blade a number of years back in a trade on Bladeforums. It's small, but I can get a good purchase on the Osage Orange scales for most tasks. The sheath is waxed leather that holds it well and it's seen a good deal of use.

I like it! A short blade with, what is that, a 3 finger length handle? My kind of EDC. As a phone man, something that can replace the usual "sheath knife" as it is know in the business, is awesome!

Tex.Proud

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very handy Knife and sheath.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Okay, have to change my vote. It's now a raging battle between my stock VG1 Cold Steel SRK and my ESEE 6 with custom kydex sheath, and custom G-10 handle slabs.

S.S. vs. Carbon steel. Oh, it's gonna be epic!!!!

jura1976

Newly Enlightened
I also have Bradford Knives Guardian 3 and like it very much. They are well made, superb steels and have lots of options to choose from.
I want one in 3V steel, I heard they have very good HT.